Thanks Thanks:  119
Likes Likes:  508
Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial 2019 "Where is T&T?" who to root for thread

Exactly. 5 teams vying for top 4 positions. One will obviously miss. I don’t want that being us.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes. Whoever is playing Geelong, Melbourne, Port and Brisbane I am rooting like mad for them.
    This and I am happy we are back in the position to be 100% committed to rooting for Essendon losses.

I want all of the air to be sucked from their positive balloon via a sequence of absolute paddlings. Is it too much to ask that they cop this, but also don’t improve their draft position via the teams below them losing too (whilst all the top end contenders also keep losing)?

3. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its us and Brisbane I reckon. Every other top’s sides big flaw (Geelong’s rucks, Dee’s forwards) seem fatal.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Its us and Brisbane I reckon. Every other top’s sides big flaw (Geelong’s rucks, Dee’s forwards) seem fatal.
    Really like our chances against the Lions

Post Thanks / Like

Pray Stef Martin stays healthy so our ruck's are not our fatal flaw.
    Love English but one is not enough. And he's very young.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    This and I am happy we are back in the position to be 100% committed to rooting for Essendon losses.

I want all of the air to be sucked from their positive balloon via a sequence of absolute paddlings. Is it too much to ask that they cop this, but also don’t improve their draft position via the teams below them losing too (whilst all the top end contenders also keep losing)?
    It just feels right, and natural. Much though I despise them, I can hope for a GWS win for strategic reasons. I can never do the same for the Bombres. Maybe you have to have stood in the Windy Oval outer getting beaten by 130+ points to understand, but I can never, ever, mellow in my views towards them.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

8. Likes The Adelaide Connection, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Pray Stef Martin stays healthy so our ruck's are not our fatal flaw.
    Love English but one is not enough. And he's very young.
    I've been a big critic of Timmy in the ruck, but I actually saw something last week that makes me reasonably confident if he was forced to ruck on his own. It's not ideal and we'd need a third tall defender to provide back up (Cordy or Young) so we're not relying on Hannan/Macrae/Bruce etc but I think we would make it work. A fit and firing Stef is our best option but I don't like our chances of seeing it this year.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I've been a big critic of Timmy in the ruck, but I actually saw something last week that makes me reasonably confident if he was forced to ruck on his own. It's not ideal and we'd need a third tall defender to provide back up (Cordy or Young) so we're not relying on Hannan/Macrae/Bruce etc but I think we would make it work. A fit and firing Stef is our best option but I don't like our chances of seeing it this year.
    Really agree on Tim.

His effort on NicNat was the best ever ruck game from him.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

What I love is this group has the minor premiership in their hands right now. While we may be able to drop a couple of games in the run home, this group owns their own fate. That’s such a special feeling and reward for a lot of hard work over a long time.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

So who are we rooting for Thursday night? A Melbourne win puts Port 5th and a difficult task to gain top 4, which means a top 4 finish for us is more likely.

A Port win gives us a better shot at first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    So who are we rooting for Thursday night? A Melbourne win puts Port 5th and a difficult task to gain top 4, which means a top 4 finish for us is more likely.

Sadly, Melbourne.

Top 2 to be Vic based clubs has to be the preference even if it's not us.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Sadly, Melbourne.

Top 2 to be Vic based clubs has to be the preference even if it's not us.
    I’m all in on just keeping winning, rooting be damned. But I think we finish top on points or percentage. I would rather 4th, the QF, be against Port Adelaide than Geelong. Given them beating us 18 of the last 22 times or whatever that god awful stat is. Let them take on Richmond and one can knock the other out.

For the sake or argument, if you accept we finish top, then 2nd & 3rd is settled. It’s just the MCG or GABBA. If we can just hold down top and hopefully get Port hopefully at Marvel (crowd won’t exceed 52,000). Our destiny is in our hands with in interstate team on our home deck. Having beaten them once and played them in the last round at the same venue.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

This thread will start heating up now.

Freo v Geelong is the big one this week, on Thursday we are all Dockers fans and I reckon they're a good chance too over there and fighting for top 8.

Richmond v Brisbane is the other one, and again, it being Jack's 300th I reckon the Tigers might do us a favour.

If we win and the Cats/Lions both lose, top 2 is close to being locked away.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    This thread will start heating up now.

Freo v Geelong is the big one this week, on Thursday we are all Dockers fans and I reckon they're a good chance too over there and fighting for top 8.

Richmond v Brisbane is the other one, and again, it being Jack's 300th I reckon the Tigers might do us a favour.

If we win and the Cats/Lions both lose, top 2 is close to being locked away.
    2 big games. Freo and Rich it is..
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer if Richmond lose, don't want them anywhere near the 8

I think Freo can beat Geelong at home.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.