Thanks Thanks:  119
Likes Likes:  508
Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial 2019 "Where is T&T?" who to root for thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    That terrible decision probably saved the game and saved Melbourne as a club completely imploding. Can you imagine the fallout if they didn’t win this?
    That was staggeringly bad. Never was there a clearer holding tHe ball.

Melbourne are a very brittle team. If that free had been paid they could easily have lost a must win game against a team that was a rabble most of the match. They were very very lucky today, and let’s hope they’re feeling very unlucky tomorrow night.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Said it before and I'll say it again, prior opportunity has ruined the modern game. It creates nothing but congestion, repeat stoppages and low scoring.

It was bullshit to change the HTB rule because of a Clarko whinge (even though it is absolutely the right way to go) but it was worse, after a couple of weeks, to revert back to the garbage of prior opp that sees that Petracca non-call happen.
    Yeah, I get it but I think that one was just plain incompetence.

Prior opportunity needs to be reinterpreted given the improvement in tackling techniques. What we saw after the change this year was players waiting for someone to grab the footy and then wrap them up. In those instances the umpire just needs to ball it up without nominating rucks and all that bullshit, and if a player tries to break through they get pinged. You shouldn't get pinged for trying to take possession of the footy, and I don't want to see players just tapping the ball around so as to avoid taking possession and actually using it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    If rest of Bummers team played with as much heart as a Tippa they’d probably make the 8. I like him a lot. Not sure we want to trade with Dodo though. It will be 2 first round picks or something equally ridiculous.
    Not kidding, given Daniher is likely going he would literally demand a straight swap of Tippa and Naughton and wouldn't budge on it, and not even have the slightest inkling that everyone thinks he's a complete dickhead because of it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Bombres really are terrible which gladdens my heart. So little pride and skills are diabolical. And Jake Stringer is going to continue to squander his talent, such a waste. Bomber Blitz can at least entertain us while we count down the nervous hours.
    Jake Stringer's career reminds me of Same Kekovich's career. Can be brilliant but doesn't do the small things. Erratic. Lazy. Off field dramas. But Sam was better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Is Tippa really any good? Just asking because the limited vision I've seen he just does things in small bursts and not much else.
    He was so much better when he started his career off the half back line.

Post Thanks / Like

Go Power....
    More of an In Bruges guy?

8. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Go Power....
    I'm not sure our WOOF WA contingent agree but YHF will likely be all over the Power tomorrow night
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Do we match up better v West Coke or Saints? I'd say recent history v the former is probably better, even though they're easily the better side of the two.

Hope we play the Saints but they seem to always have our measure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Do we match up better v West Coke or Saints? I'd say recent history v the former is probably better, even though they're easily the better side of the two.

Hope we play the Saints but they seem to always have our measure.
    We should be confident against both of them. I have a slight preference to play the Saints just to avoid the trip over to the west
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...r-saints-await

Finals equation: Eagles or Saints await
    The Western Bulldogs first finals opponent will be determined by the result of the Collingwood and Port Adelaide match.

The Western Bulldogs will have to wait until Monday night to find out who they will face in an elimination final, after locking in a top-eight spot on Sunday night.

It’s a two-horse race for the Bulldogs following the 30-point win against Fremantle in Cairns, with the West Coast Eagles and St Kilda the Bulldogs’ possible opponents.

That part will be determined when Port Adelaide hosts Collingwood in the final round of the home-and-away season tomorrow.

Should the Power win, the Bulldogs would finish seventh and face the Saints at a home venue of their choosing.

But if the Magpies win, they would jump to sixth to host the Saints, leaving the Bulldogs to travel west to Perth to take on the Eagles at Optus Stadium.

A draw between the Magpies and Power wouldn’t impact the Bulldogs – as it would propel the Magpies above the Bulldogs on percentage.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We should be confident against both of them. I have a slight preference to play the Saints just to avoid the trip over to the west
    Especially after the trip back from Cairns. It's about as far from Cairns to Brisbane as it is from Melbourne to Brisbane.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd prefer the Saints in what I believe is their first ever final (congrats guys ) but not really fussed and think we can beat West Coast too.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Good rooting everyone.

Some of the best roots I've had since this time last year!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

If Wally and Naughts are to miss, this has us playing the Saints written all over it. To top it off we’ll lose another to an acl, the saints will get a dubious free kick and kick the winning goal that was clearly touched but called a goal anyway. And the saints fans will bang on about how they were too good for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    If Wally and Naughts are to miss, this has us playing the Saints written all over it. To top it off we’ll lose another to an acl, the saints will get a dubious free kick and kick the winning goal that was clearly touched but called a goal anyway. And the saints fans will bang on about how they were too good for us.
    Cleary been on the happy pills have we BTT? I still shudder at the thought of those prelim losses to Saints. Begone and out ye damned Saints....