Thanks Thanks:  119
Likes Likes:  508
Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial 2019 "Where is T&T?" who to root for thread

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I guess it depends on what you want. Most spots in the 8 up for grabs? Or fewer people chasing just the one?
    Yep. Bombers may not win another gsme for the rest of the season. And their percentage took a hammering today.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Freo up there as well now. We must win, that is where rooting is going to take place
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Cats haven’t done us a favour with Freo winning.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Jeeze this competition is tight. If we find ourselves on ten wins at the end of the weekend it'll be a great effort, given there'll be another six teams on 8-9 wins below us.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Thanks The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Essendon's percentage just took a hammering as well.

Win tomorrow and we're a chance to overtake them next week.

If Collingwood continue their indifferent firm they're on shaky ground as well.

Saints in touch early.

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Huge opportunity tomorrow to get to 10 wins 40 points which would take us a game clear of those teams currently on 36 points. As jeemak said it is very very close. Could 12 wins still be enough to make it this year?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Crows look like they have got the Saints.

Cmon Dogs!

Post Thanks / Like

We may have to win all three
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We may have to win all three
    We may need to win 4!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    We may need to win 4!
    Yep another 4 wins that gets us to 52 points particular with our % the way it is.

Post Thanks / Like

If we play really well over the coming weeks then more and more I think it's likely to come down to the last round and our game against the Crows to see which of us will end up finishing seventh or eighth. EFC looked completely cooked this afternoon and I think the competition is ripening for the last few rounds of the season in the lead up to finals - with them having a dip in form at the wrong time.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but, our destiny is genuinely in our own hands and our form is trending really well. As for tomorrow's game I actually think the scheduling helps us. We have been able to travel up to Brisbane late with minimal interruption to our usual weekly routine with a view to keeping our season alive, while Brisbane have been waiting around possibly thinking about permutations and combinations impacted by whether WCE beat Carlton.

Interesting and bloody good season finish. Aside from all of the bullshit the AFL pulls, equalisation seems to be an actual positive for them.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If we play really well over the coming weeks then more and more I think it's likely to come down to the last round and our game against the Crows to see which of us will end up finishing seventh or eighth. EFC looked completely cooked this afternoon and I think the competition is ripening for the last few rounds of the season in the lead up to finals - with them having a dip in form at the wrong time.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but, our destiny is genuinely in our own hands and our form is trending really well. As for tomorrow's game I actually think the scheduling helps us. We have been able to travel up to Brisbane late with minimal interruption to our usual weekly routine with a view to keeping our season alive, while Brisbane have been waiting around possibly thinking about permutations and combinations impacted by whether WCE beat Carlton.

Interesting and bloody good season finish. Aside from all of the bullshit the AFL pulls, equalisation seems to be an actual positive for them.
    This really is the game that tells us all where we are in 2019. We win and everyone in the top 8 starts fretting about playing us , and what we might do in September. Lose and we're probably an also ran

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    EFC has spoiled today's early afternoon rooting.

Classy mob their supporters, still booing Ryder.
    Why wouldn't they turn on someone they injected with unknown substances and then got the hell out of the joint as quickly as possible, all class as usual Essendon.

Post Thanks / Like

We're in the position where if we win every game we make the 8, so I reckon we just focus on that.

However, it is such a shame about Essendon losing because they were a chance to be our week one opposition, which would pretty much amount to a bye.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We're in the position where if we win every game we make the 8, so I reckon we just focus on that.

However, it is such a shame about Essendon losing because they were a chance to be our week one opposition, which would pretty much amount to a bye.
    This is 100% correct. If we win, we are IN.

No other side can knock us out of the top 8 if we win out. Adelaide can (of course) say the same thing...port and Freo and whoever else can suck it cos if we win, we are in. Yes - we are in a razors edge (created by losses to the Gold Coast, Carlton, st Kilda and north) but all the conjecture is bs. The player should need to take responsibility and BEAT Brisbane.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.