Thanks Thanks:  119
Likes Likes:  508
Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial 2019 "Where is T&T?" who to root for thread

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    I'm backing us in. Don't want 8th spot and have to play the 5th team in a first final(richmond/geelong whoever). A gws loss will dent their confidence as will melbourne's losses previously. Yes, we could lose today. Too many permutations.
    5th is most likely going to be eagles. If we make finals odds on we get the saints

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    5th is most likely going to be eagles. If we make finals odds on we get the saints
    Assuming we win the next two, Collingwood lose next week to Port, and Saints beat GWS, then we will play Saints. If GWS beat Saints, we play Collingwood
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The most important root of all
    Yes some are more important than others especially when you "love" the doggies.

Post Thanks / Like

We just need to win next week and we are in. If not then some serious rooting will need to happen.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    We just need to win next week and we are in. If not then some serious rooting will need to happen.
    The rooting needs to occur beforehand Eastie. The key games are played before ours!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Likes Eastdog, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The rooting needs to occur beforehand Eastie. The key games are played before ours!
    Yep absolutely Aza. Majority of the games that will affect us played before Sunday evening.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

My brother did a analaysis of the key games to watch next weekend. He is a Pies supporter, My Mum is a Demons supporter. So it is a 3 way family battle at my house next weekend on who gets in. Go Bulldogs!

If Collingwood defeats Gold Coast, they will be the sixth team to secure a finals spot. If they lose, the spots remain open.

3 out of 5 teams who can make the finals but haven't secured a spot yet will make it. Two will miss out.

Games to watch:
    • Collingwood vs Gold Coast (if Collingwood loses it opens up, but if they win they're in.

• St Kilda vs GWS (If St Kilda wins, and they're through. If GWS wins, it opens up)

• Essendon vs Melbourne (Melbourne must win to have any chance to play finals. If they lose, they're out).

• Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs (Bulldogs win, and they're through. If they lose, it opens up for Melbourne and GWS depending on their results).

• Collingwood vs Port Adelaide (only relevant if Gold Coast won tomorrow night).

Bulldogs can finish 6th provided they beat Fremantle, GWS beats St Kilda and Collingwood only wins 1 of their final two.

9. Thanks Bulldog4life, Throughandthrough, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Saturday we may well have a root that won’t be enjoyable at all, won’t come natural and won’t at all be easy on the eyes. Yes I’m talking about rooting for Essendon. To help the mood, I’d recommend getting out your 2016 GF DVDs and playing it in the background.

11. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On a side note, for Melbourne to make it over the saints, in running the ladder predictor, they'd need to defeat essendon by at most 45pts assuming the saints lose by the bearest of margins to the giants. If the saints lose by more than a point, then obviously the winning margin required by the dees reduces. Melbourne v Essendon could be a fascinating game if the saints lose to the giants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    On a side note, for Melbourne to make it over the saints, in running the ladder predictor, they'd need to defeat essendon by at most 45pts assuming the saints lose by the bearest of margins to the giants. If the saints lose by more than a point, then obviously the winning margin required by the dees reduces. Melbourne v Essendon could be a fascinating game if the saints lose to the giants.
    It's amazing Saints could miss the finals after being in the 8 the whole season.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing Saints could miss the finals after being in the 8 the whole season.
    If Collingwood, Bulldogs and Melbourne all win their remaining matches, they could all play finals provided GWS beat St Kilda.

Melbourne would need to win by a big enough margin to surpass St Kilda in those circumstances.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we give the Gold Coast any chance tonight? Would be very handy (and funny)
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I do but just a little bit. Pies are not playing the best at the moment but GC are GC

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'd laugh. That would make my year.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    We can only hope.
    I will never see #16 the same!!