Thanks Thanks:  119
Likes Likes:  508
Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial 2019 "Where is T&T?" who to root for thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Geelong has dropped to 5th. As its stands 2nd to 5th on same points.

We need to win tomorrow.
    Hopefully last week's minute of madness doesn't prove very costly.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Geelong has dropped to 5th. As its stands 2nd to 5th on same points.

We need to win tomorrow.
    Melb pretty much has a top 2 in the bag you’d think. Leaving 4 teams fighting 3 top 4 positions. It’s not gonna be easy. If we could somehow pull it off today it would be massive.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Melb pretty much has a top 2 in the bag you’d think. Leaving 4 teams fighting 3 top 4 positions. It’s not gonna be easy. If we could somehow pull it off today it would be massive.
    Melbourne hasn't got an easy draw coming up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Disagree. I've said it multiple times they look shaky and have us, Port in Port Adelaide, West Coast in Perth and Geelong in Geelong. Given how close things are if they lose even three if those four they are a very really chance of finishing outside top 4.

Post Thanks / Like

Dees never got out of second gear last night and more than handled who Fox and the AFL have led me to believe were the #2 team in the competition last night.

They just have such faith in their positioning and structure to bring results that how they score seems almost irrelevant to them. They're really locked in right now and also a nightmare matchup for us specifically.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes DOG GOD, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Disagree. I've said it multiple times they look shaky and have us, Port in Port Adelaide, West Coast in Perth and Geelong in Geelong. Given how close things are if they lose even three if those four they are a very really chance of finishing outside top 4.
    And with 2 games ahead of us we pretty much have to win every game after WC. ?
    They will beat us at the G unless we have our best 22.
    Sydney and Essendon for us are not going to be easy beats like some on here think they will be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Dees never got out of second gear last night and more than handled who Fox and the AFL have led me to believe were the #2 team in the competition last night.

They just have such faith in their positioning and structure to bring results that how they score seems almost irrelevant to them. They're really locked in right now and also a nightmare matchup for us specifically.
    Yep, a dominating ruckman and gun intercept defenders is nightmare fuel for us.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yep, a dominating ruckman and gun intercept defenders is nightmare fuel for us.
    I agree with the dominating ruck part but I think we can work around the gun intercept defenders. Clearly they are a danger for anyone, having two of the best intercept defenders in the league is huge. But we had Naughts and Bruce can be dangerous. Having Treloar and Dunks back when it matters, well hopefully, will be huge in where we get to dictate numbers. Bruce really needs to have the right game when he plays the Dees next.

Post Thanks / Like

Feels dirty, but I'm going for Essendon tonight. A Bombers win keeps Geelong at bay and puts Richmond out of the 8.

Let's go you scumbags!

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Feels dirty, but I'm going for Essendon tonight. A Bombers win keeps Geelong at bay and puts Richmond out of the 8.

Let's go you scumbags!
    Struggling to barrack for either. I console myself that one will lose and I can ignore whoever wins. A draw would probably be the most satisyfing outcome.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping that GWS can keep it going against Melbourne and Hawks do it for Shaun and knock off Port.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Hoping that GWS can keep it going against Melbourne and Hawks do it for Shaun and knock off Port.
    I don’t think GWS win, but if they do, there’s no more rooting. If we win and keep winning everyone else is completely irrelevant. Strange thought.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don’t think GWS win, but if they do, there’s no more rooting. If we win and keep winning everyone else is completely irrelevant. Strange thought.
    Melbourne are struggling to score lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    BT can you orchestrate Haynes to the Dogs please. Many thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing about Melb is that they have patches during the game where they dont score, and usually stop the opposition from scoring at the same time. GWS are ticking the scoreboard over and at least not having any major patches of non scoring. Looking good, but gotta hold this lead til 3 qtr time.