Thanks Thanks:  119
Likes Likes:  508
Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1454555657585960616263646566676869 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial "Where is T&T?" who to root for thread

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Well if we happen to beat Hawks I can’t see us winning by more than a goal. Rain is forecast…and we know how Coll like close games.
    Rain will suit us
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Fair point re: Pies, although they'd still have a home QF to play for next week, versus potentially going to Brisbane.
    They will know their fate by Friday night after the Brisbane Melbourne game. They wouldn't fear anyone in finals, no matter where they are played, and nor should they
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    They will know their fate by Friday night after the Brisbane Melbourne game. They wouldn't fear anyone in finals, no matter where they are played, and nor should they
    The footy gods have taken up your plan. Pies to come out breathing fire next week playing for the double chance.

If we make it odds are that we'll play Freo in Perth. If they lose against the Giants next then we would play the loser of Brisbane/Melbourne.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    The footy gods have taken up your plan. Pies to come out breathing fire next week playing for the double chance.

If we make it odds are that we'll play Freo in Perth. If they lose against the Giants next then we would play the loser of Brisbane/Melbourne.
    Felt like they almost conceded today by resting De Goey. The loss won't hurt them and will sharpen them up for next week - they'll need to against a desperate opponent who actually played very well last night (except the last 3 minutes)

Post Thanks / Like

A fine weekend of rooting. Needed to root until the siren in a few key games with the greatest of pleasure and outcomes.

Post Thanks / Like

The top 7 are locked in, and only us and Carlton can finish 8th
    We play Hawthorn in Launceston 1:10pm Sunday, Carlton play Collingwood 3:20pm Sunday

We won't know whether Carlton have won or lost, or how much by, before our game finishes
    If we win by 14 points or more we are in as long as Carlton lose, even if only by a point

That is based on 94-80 in our game and 80-81 in theirs, higher scores mean we need a bigger margin
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

7. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    The top 7 are locked in, and only us and Carlton can finish 8th
    We play Hawthorn in Launceston 1:10pm Sunday, Carlton play Collingwood 3:20pm Sunday

We won't know whether Carlton have won or lost, or how much by, before our game finishes
    If we win by 14 points or more we are in as long as Carlton lose, even if only by a point

That is based on 94-80 in our game and 80-81 in theirs, higher scores mean we need a bigger margin
    So win by 15 and restrict Hawthorn to no more than 80 and our job is done.

Unfortunately we still need Collingwood to do the right thing.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

We should try to win by 150 I think.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone in Melbourne going to the G to barrack for Collingwood live?

Should be a cracking game, $1.92 each on Sportsbet, Carlton want finals and Collingwood top 4
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone in Melbourne going to the G to barrack for Collingwood live?

Should be a cracking game, $1.92 each on Sportsbet, Carlton want finals and Collingwood top 4
    Tempted. Bit of an overlap b/w our game (kayo for me) might make this less popular than it otherwise would be. Is it on free to air tv?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Tempted. Bit of an overlap b/w our game (kayo for me) might make this less popular than it otherwise would be. Is it on free to air tv?
    Yeah it is

Interesting scenarios depending on round 23 results. Melbourne could lose away to Brisbane and play an elimination final against Richmond, that could be the flag defense over.

Collingwood and us need to win for us to get in. Then Geelong are 1st, Richmond 7th and us 8th. If Sydney beat St Kilda and Freo beat GWS, 2-6 is Sydney, Bris/Mel winner, Collingwood, Freo, Bris/Mel loser, unless Melbourne beat Brisbane and catch Sydney on percentage. We would play Freo away week 1, Collingwood week 2 assuming they lose to Geelong, Sydney away if they beat Bris/Mel, Geelong

If Freo lose to GWS we get Melbourne week 1, if Sydney lose to St Kilda we get Sydney week 2

I think we want GWS and Sydney to win
    Last edited by boydogs; 17-08-2022 at 01:05 AM.

Formerly gogriff

14. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Low key root currently going on. We need St Kilda just to hold one and stop this game blowing out. It gives a better stastical probability of a potential home PF against Melbourne at the MCG instead of Sydney at the SCG. We just need to knock off Freo in Perth and the Pies at the MCG. Richmond does the business against Brisbane and Sydney and then knock off Geelong in the PF. We play the Tigers in the GF, simples.

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cigars all round

Post Thanks / Like

amazingly close!

Post Thanks / Like

Great rooting everyone!

one of the best collective roots we've ever had.