Thanks Thanks:  119
Likes Likes:  508
Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 165657585960616263646566676869 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial "Where is T&T?" who to root for thread

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Now that we've banked a win I think we've earned a good old fashioned root for this round.

Can the Hawks knock over Richmond and put the sword to their finals ambition?
    It looks like a sure thing that Carlton will win but we can't have it all.
    I think we need to support Brisbane over Sedat's 2nd team.
    It's got a bit of 'Who Cares' with Freo and Sydney so whatev.
    Port vs Collingwood really doesn't concern us at this stage of the season.
    GWS vs the Suns is a 'Lets hope the sun shines on the Suns' and Kingy is a good bloke theme about it.
    It feels dirty but I'm almost hoping for a Melbourne win against the Crows which will keep them well behind us.
    I'm hopeful that North have an upset win over the Saints but it's a long shot.
    I am a bit torn over Melbourne v Adelaide as I want that 4th spot
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that we've banked a win I think we've earned a good old fashioned root for this round.

Can the Hawks knock over Richmond and put the sword to their finals ambition?
    It looks like a sure thing that Carlton will win but we can't have it all.
    I think we need to support Brisbane over Sedat's 2nd team.
    It's got a bit of 'Who Cares' with Freo and Sydney so whatev.
    Port vs Collingwood really doesn't concern us at this stage of the season.
    GWS vs the Suns is a 'Lets hope the sun shines on the Suns' and Kingy is a good bloke theme about it.
    It feels dirty but I'm almost hoping for a Melbourne win against the Crows which will keep them well behind us.
    I'm hopeful that North have an upset win over the Saints but it's a long shot.
    Not a fantastic weekend of rooting apart from our game and Brisbane (and Melbourne to a lesser extent). GWS winning well but not by over 10 goals (as they were threatening to do at one stage) was a minor positive, and St Kilda not filling their percentage boots was a big positive.

Another huge weekend coming up. Pies and Demons could both do us a huge solid, and the Hawks are a big chance against a stuttering St Kilda. If those 3 results fall our way and we can get over GWS, it will be a very good weekend. Essendon v Sydney is interesting - I hope the Swans get up only because Essendon notionally have an easier remaining draw (West Coke and North).

If we can win both the next 2 games against fellow top 8 aspirants, it will go a very long way to securing our finals place.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

4. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Not a fantastic weekend of rooting apart from our game and Brisbane (and Melbourne to a lesser extent). GWS winning well but not by over 10 goals (as they were threatening to do at one stage) was a minor positive, and St Kilda not filling their percentage boots was a big positive.

Another huge weekend coming up. Pies and Demons could both do us a huge solid, and the Hawks are a big chance against a stuttering St Kilda. If those 3 results fall our way and we can get over GWS, it will be a very good weekend. Essendon v Sydney is interesting - I hope the Swans get up only because Essendon notionally have an easier remaining draw (West Coke and North).

If we can win both the next 2 games against fellow top 8 aspirants, it will go a very long way to securing our finals place.
    Yep. Beating gws is key. But hopefully results more or less go to script this week:

Pies beat blues
    Power beat crows
    Dees beat Tigers.

Then I'm also hoping swans beat bombers. Swans have a tougher remaining schedule and are 2 points further back. Ridley has been ruled out for the remainder of the h&a season so it's a big blow to essendon who have both the roos and Eagles still to play.

The one upset that has a chance is the hawks over the saints. Not unrealistic depending which hawks outfit turns up.

6. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mixed bag of rooting this weekend, lead by our inability to close out a game that was well in our keeping:

Coll v Carl - bad root but good for the competition. This season is totally alive for anyone who gets on a run.
    Dogs v Giants - disaster on both fronts, our loss and also giving GWS a leg-up
    Geel v Dockers - massive bonus, Cats look shot with Blicavs and Hawkins gone for season. Reckon they'll be proper cooked come R24
    GC v Bris - bonus re: draft order. GC still effectively 2 games behind us due to poor %
    Ess v Syd - not too bad. Ess have 2 easy kills coming up and Syd have harder draw so better that they won
    Adel v Port - not great, but if the Crows make it they will 100% deserve it
    St K v Hawks - looked a disaster at 1/4 time but Hawks protected %, St K only 2-3 goals ahead of us
    Rich v Melb - great result for us, deflating for the Tigers. They could easily drop their bundle for rest of the season (hopeless at Marvel)

If we get the job done this weekend as we absolutely should, one of Carl/St K will lose as will one of Syd/GWS. With Hawks (not easy) and WC to come, we can push for 5th. No excuses whatsoever, we should be chasing this season for all it's worth because it is completely open for anyone in form at the right time to snatch it.

8. Thanks GVGjr, bornadog, Grantysghost, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really flattening to get to this point of the season and yet again we have to intently focus on other results as we drop our bundle in games we should win.

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It's really flattening to get to this point of the season and yet again we have to intently focus on other results as we drop our bundle in games we should win.
    Despite our poor fade-out on the weekend, I'm encouraged by the fact that Collingwood, Port and Brisbane all showed significant frailties this weekend and that the race for the flag this year is genuinely wide open. Also happy that our kryptonite, Geelong, had a major setback both with results and personnel out. No other teams scare me and they shouldn't scare the players.

I'm also encouraged by the fact that we get Jones (and Richards) back this week/next week in our most pressing area of need at just the right time to start making a charge. Destiny is still very much in our own hands - we have enough talent and weapons to make a move. But it starts this Friday night - no excuses.

12. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite our poor fade-out on the weekend, I'm encouraged by the fact that Collingwood, Port and Brisbane all showed significant frailties this weekend and that the race for the flag this year is genuinely wide open. Also happy that our kryptonite, Geelong, had a major setback both with results and personnel out. No other teams scare me and they shouldn't scare the players.

I'm also encouraged by the fact that we get Jones (and Richards) back this week/next week in our most pressing area of need at just the right time to start making a charge. Destiny is still very much in our own hands - we have enough talent and weapons to make a move. But it starts this Friday night - no excuses.
    Love your positivity Sedat - no use being miserable bastards even though these losses hurt.

Incredible weekend of upsets, I think I tipped 2 winners.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Love your positivity Sedat - no use being miserable bastards even though these losses hurt.

Incredible weekend of upsets, I think I tipped 2 winners.
    GWS are white-hot and we should have been out of sight by half time. That says to me our best is seriously good, which Bevo acknowledged in the presser that the first half was our best for the season. Of course it is massively disappointing that we faded out, but Geelong, Brisbane, Collingwood and Port were all pretty terrible on the weekend and they were the top 4-5 seeds (along with Melbourne) before this weekend.

I remember being flat late in season 2016 when Freo beat us and we ended up 7th. I was similarly flat after Port pipped us in the final H&A match of 2021 and we ended up 5th. It can turn around quickly and we undeniably have seriously top-end talent to make a charge - Jones and Richards back gives us so much more talent and better structure down back. We've just got to level up and get to work starting this Friday.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we are good enough we will win the next three and if Blicavs and Hawkins are out for the year Geelong are ripe for the picking.

If results fall our way the damaged influcted last round can be mended.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

18. Likes GVGjr, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GWS are white-hot and we should have been out of sight by half time. That says to me our best is seriously good, which Bevo acknowledged in the presser that the first half was our best for the season. Of course it is massively disappointing that we faded out, but Geelong, Brisbane, Collingwood and Port were all pretty terrible on the weekend and they were the top 4-5 seeds (along with Melbourne) before this weekend.

I remember being flat late in season 2016 when Freo beat us and we ended up 7th. I was similarly flat after Port pipped us in the final H&A match of 2021 and we ended up 5th. It can turn around quickly and we undeniably have seriously top-end talent to make a charge - Jones and Richards back gives us so much more talent and better structure down back. We've just got to level up and get to work starting this Friday.
    2016, 2021 we were so much better and much more consistent during the season. 2016 we were a game out of the 4 I believe. 2021 we were 1 and 2 for most of the season. Late collapses on both seasons dropped us down. I don't think our final position reflected how good we were those seasons. When you compare this season, or last, it's so far off those 2 GF seasons. Yes we will make finals, I believe we'll win 3 of 4 but I have no faith in this squad going into an EF at all.

20. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    2016, 2021 we were so much better and much more consistent during the season. 2016 we were a game out of the 4 I believe. 2021 we were 1 and 2 for most of the season. Late collapses on both seasons dropped us down. I don't think our final position reflected how good we were those seasons. When you compare this season, or last, it's so far off those 2 GF seasons. Yes we will make finals, I believe we'll win 3 of 4 but I have no faith in this squad going into an EF at all.
    2016 we ended up 19 and 7 that's an amazing season.
    Swans were the same I think.

Post Thanks / Like

In 2021 we coughed up a very strong position late in the season with a couple of losses which was a shame and played well in the finals but got overrun in the 3rd and final quarters. The next few weeks will probably give the club an idea of if they need to blow up the list or just add a bit around the edges.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

2021 we missed 4th by 0.40%

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    2021 we missed 4th by 0.40%
    Yeah, we were dam good for most of that season.

Post Thanks / Like

In 2021 we coughed up a very strong position late in the season with a couple of losses which was a shame and played well in the finals but got overrun in the 3rd and final quarters. The next few weeks will probably give the club an idea of if they need to blow up the list or just add a bit around the edges.
    If the wheels fall off do you think Bevo has the capacity to do this?

From where I sit it feels the loyalty Bevo shows fringe players is greater than it needs to be, so I have no idea how he goes about moving on players that are competent, but not helping us move into one of the top 4 teams.