Thanks Thanks:  119
Likes Likes:  508
Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1757585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1030
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial "Where is T&T?" who to root for thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If the wheels fall off do you think Bevo has the capacity to do this?

From where I sit it feels the loyalty Bevo shows fringe players is greater than it needs to be, so I have no idea how he goes about moving on players that are competent, but not helping us move into one of the top 4 teams.
    Im not confident Bevo has it in him to make a lot of list changes but if we dont make the finals or don't progress past the first week again all the signs are pointing to a bit of a clean out.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Im not confident Bevo has it in him to make a lot of list changes but if we dont make the finals or don't progress past the first week again all the signs are pointing to a bit of a clean out.
    Under Bevo we have averaged 8 list changes per year. How many should go this year if that is not enough?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Under Bevo we have averaged 8 list changes per year. How many should go this year if that is not enough?
    The fact we've done this yet also have too many vfl quality players on the list for too long says a lot about our depth and in turn our recent drafting.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit confused by some contradictions. Is the list overarrated or lacking depth or not?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but i think a lot of that is inflated with rookie list tinkering and bringing in known fringe types (Hannan, TOB, Lloyd etc). Our draft numbers have been pretty low for a while

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit confused by some contradictions. Is the list overarrated or lacking depth or not?
    Not sure what that has to do with turning over players? All I said was an av of 8 and how many should we turn over

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Yeah but i think a lot of that is inflated with rookie list tinkering and bringing in known fringe types (Hannan, TOB, Lloyd etc). Our draft numbers have been pretty low for a while
    Yeah, we haven't drafted alot each year, but we had to replace the players. Maybe wrong decisions in hindsight.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the list lacks depth in key areas but we can worry about that in the off-season. With Jones and Richards back we have a much better balanced and infinitely more talented D50, an elite midfield and strong weapons up forward (if inconsistent with their work-rate to retain the ball inside F50). I want us to keep pushing for silverware in 2023 and reinforce our internal expectations of being a top 4 team.

We got on a 4 week run in 2016 and a 3.5 week run in 2021, both from out of nowhere. I want us to be "the danger" that Chris Scott was crapping on about a week ago with his tin-shed pissant team.

As much as Bevo frustrate and confounds me, he is so invested in us and in the team and I want him to taste glory again. And I want those low-rent deadshits in the media like Wilson, Barrett and Cornes to choke on their own words.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes hujsh, merantau, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whilst our result was absolute rubbish, we were very lucky with some pivotal results in other matches going our way, namely Geelong losing, Adelaide getting pipped in a match they dominated for large parts, and GWS also getting done. So in a minor miracle, we are still in the top 8 on percentage. Some massive games this week:

Dogs v Eagles - need to get the job done and done well. Just focus on playing every minute and every contest and we should win by 10+ goals.
    GWS v Essendon - anything but a draw. Both GWS and Essendon are up against it in R24. Essendon I guess (followed by them losing to Collingwood in R24 Friday night), so at least we know what we have to do by the time we play at Shithole Park in R24 (don't want to rely on GWS losing the day after we invariably lose to Geelong).
    St Kilda v Geelong - Saints win kills off Geelong and ensures a 'lesser' team is in finals. Also makes Geelong more gettable in R24 if they are finals cooked. Geelong winning not a complete disaster either, as St Kilda will struggle to beat Brisbane at the Gabba in R24 and we have their percentage covered already so should finish ahead of them if we do what we should against the Eagles (and we'll already know before our R24 game if St Kilda are out). No draw here either please - crap on both counts.
    Adelaide v Swans - dream result would be a draw here, which would render Adelaide's huge percentage meaningless and Sydney's percentage within catching distance (we would need to beat the Eagles by around 12 goals). Otherwise Sydney win to kill off Adelaide for good (they will smash the Eagles in R24). If Adelaide win, we are ahead of Sydney at the end of this round if we beat WC (and they have Melbourne to follow in R24) so that's not a total disaster either.
    Gold Coast v Carlton - Carlton to keep the pressure on Melbourne for top 4 if they lose this week.
    Melbourne v Hawthorn - Hawthorn win (and Carlton win) would make Melbourne have to work at full throttle the following week against Sydney to ensure top 4 finish.

These matches don't really matter all that much:
    Richmond v North
    Coll v Brisbane
    Freo v Port - I guess if Brisbane and Port both win, it ensures Collingwood are going full throttle against Essendon in R24 to finish top. Irrespective, they won't want to flirt with form and are simply a better team than Essendon, who are barely going at the minute.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the analysis. But I ****ing hate the ongoing relevance of this thread. ****ing hate it to bits.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Thanks for the analysis. But I ****ing hate the ongoing relevance of this thread. ****ing hate it to bits.
    I want post 1,000 though. Yay!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes EasternWest, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, but I am a combination of masochist and glass-half-full when it comes to the Dogs, so I want us in finals to at least have a crack at 2023. There are no standouts and anybody who goes on a 4 week run could snatch a flag. Why not us (except of course for our mental fragility, inability to protect leads and prevent run-ons, etc..)?

16. Likes Eastdog, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I know, but I am a combination of masochist and glass-half-full when it comes to the Dogs, so I want us in finals to at least have a crack at 2023. There are no standouts and anybody who goes on a 4 week run could snatch a flag. Why not us (except of course for our mental fragility, inability to protect leads and prevent run-ons, etc..)?
    I like it Sedat. Yep I'm still holding out hope but I am fully aware it could go pear shaped very quickly.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Why not us?

All right, but apart from the mental fragility, the inability to protect leads, prevent run ons, win with big leads, run out games, kick easy goals, selection integrity, consistent effort, nearly no wins against top 8 teams, and only four wins out if the last 11 against easy prey, why not us?

19. Likes Sedat, bornadog, DOG GOD, merantau, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The ultimate irony is if all results go as planned this round (and Friday night in R24), our game against Geelong is almost meaningless for both clubs - we could conceivably break our 20 year hoodoo at that shitheap and it wouldn't mean much at all.

21. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The ultimate irony is if all results go as planned this round (and Friday night in R24), our game against Geelong is almost meaningless for both clubs - we could conceivably break our 20 year hoodoo at that shitheap and it wouldn't mean much at all.
    Huge meaning, really. Momentum into finals and if we beat Geelong and secure them into 12th. Then that Pick 7 for Bailey Smith…

Win-Win-Win

23. Likes Sedat liked this post