Thanks Thanks:  119
Likes Likes:  508
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1030
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The unofficial "Where is T&T?" who to root for thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The ultimate irony is if all results go as planned this round (and Friday night in R24), our game against Geelong is almost meaningless for both clubs - we could conceivably break our 20 year hoodoo at that shitheap and it wouldn't mean much at all.
    Send the VFL side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Send the VFL side.
    No, they're actually winning and need them to keep it up. Let's not sabotage our only decent team.

3. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only one flaw in your analysis I hate Carlton and hope GC smash them and bring their supporters back to ground.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Only one flaw in your analysis I hate Carlton and hope GC smash them and bring their supporters back to ground.
    If GWS win this week, you are going to have to channel your inner George Benson and "Turn Your Love Around" for the Bluebaggers the following week anyway. May as well start a week earlier.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

If GWS win this week, you are going to have to channel your inner George Benson and "Turn Your Love Around" for the Bluebaggers the following week anyway. May as well start a week earlier.
    Yeah, I noticed that.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/08/...-is-wide-open/

Some interesting observations on how wide open 2023 is compared to the last few years. Champion Data isn't the be-all and end-all, but it confirms the eye test that there are flaws in the games of every contending team this year. We need to go full throttle the next 2 weeks and worry about 2024 and beyond only after this season is completed.

8. Likes josie, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m rooting for west coasts board not to sack Simpson this week.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Nice thinking there. Don't the in-season coaching changes normally happen on a Monday night after a board meeting?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If they were going to sack him in-season it would’ve already happened by now.

Post Thanks / Like

By special request from nobody, I'm going to reheat this turd sandwich of a thread:

Geel v Dogs - any margin will do
    Carl v GWS - any margin will do

If by some miracle the above two results materialise (our game at Pissant Park more than Carlton beating GWS, which is eminently doable), we play the baggers in week 1.

The following results would also be handy to ensure Carlton go full throttle next week:

Bris v St Kilda - any margin. Saints finish 5th if Carlton lose (if Brisbane win, Carlton are almost assured of 5th/6th at worst).
    Syd v Melb - by 50+ points. Wildly optimistic but Syd would finish 6th (assuming St Kilda win) and Carlton risk an away final at the SCG if they slip up against GWS.
    Syd v Melb - any margin. Carlton would much prefer to play against the Dogs at the MCG in week 1 than a red-hot Sydney at the MCG.

Irrespective of the above scenarios, Carlton should be good enough to get it done against GWS and not flirt with form. But it would be funny (for them at least) if they played dead and got their revenge on us for stealing their spot in the last minute of 2022 H&A - it would be a fitting end to 2023 to finally overcome our Geelong/Pissant Park hoodoo and miss out on finals anyway (and also have to use one of our 1st rounders matching a bid for Croft, sorry BT that's not funny).

And if we somehow get over the line on Saturday night, it would be pretty funny to see BAD waving his Carlton pom-pom and channelling his inner John Elliot/Ian Collins for 1 day at least.

13. Thanks azabob, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest, 1eyedog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This week Sedat, I barrack for Carlton, if we win.
    Last edited by bornadog; 22-08-2023 at 04:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This week Sedat, I barrack for GWS, if we win.
    Wowsers, the hate is real.

I'll never pass up an opportunity for finals footy. Maybe we can dominate early and then concede 6-8 goals on the bounce once again in our 3rd consecutive final.

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wowsers, the hate is real.

I'll never pass up an opportunity for finals footy. Maybe we can dominate early and then concede 6-8 goals on the bounce once again in our 3rd consecutive final.
    sorry I meant Carlton, WTF I typed GWS arghhhhhhhh

18. Likes Sedat, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry I meant Carlton, WTF I typed GWS arghhhhhhhh
    You just couldn't bring yourself to write "Carlton". Like Arthur Fonzarelli saying "I was wr...wr...wr"

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just on other results, if Port get it done against Richmond as expected, there is no incentive whatsoever for Melbourne against Sydney this week - if they win, their reward is an away QF at the Adelaide Oval/GABBA over a likely 'home' QF at the MCG against a banged up filth (they won't lose against Essendon this week even with a VFL side) if they lose. Not sure that moves the needle by 9-10 goals in Sydney's favour but it doesn't hurt.

And then looking even further ahead (as if I couldn't get more delusional), we get an MCG final in week 2 against the filth (after they succumb to Melbourne in the QF) once we clinically dispose of the baggers in the EF. Then we reprise our destruction of Port in hostile territory in the PF before the ultimate revenge against the cocky Demons in the GF. Freed from desire indeed (more likely freed from sanity)

22. Likes Eastdog, azabob liked this post