There was something a little off at Adelaide Oval on Friday night.

And it wasn’t just the result for the home team.

Keen footy fans would have noticed Crows star Brodie Smith running around in the No. 26 as opposed to his usual No. 33.

But what was the reason for this? Reporters emerged it was all down to the Crows property steward forgetting Smith’s jumper.

But how often does this sort of thing happen? More than you might think, as former Western Bulldogs property steward Dan Fisher revealed on Friday night.

In the wake of the Smith blunder, Fisher jumped on Twitter to tell his own story which nearly left a number of key Bulldogs sockless.

Dan Fisher 🦕
@dpfisher31
I can sympathise with the property steward for the Crows leaving Brodie Smith's jumper behind. I used to do the same role for the Dogs and once for an away game against the Crows I left a bag of socks at Whitten Oval. Didn't realise until in the rooms three hours before the game

8:51 PM - Jul 19, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
88 people are talking about this

Dan Fisher 🦕
@dpfisher31
Replying to @dpfisher31
I was three pairs short. I ran across the West Lakes shopping centre but it was an early Sunday game and absolutely nothing was open. AFL Store opened something like 40 mins before bounce - players would be dressed by then. No good.

8:53 PM - Jul 19, 2019
See Dan Fisher 🦕's other Tweets

Dan Fisher 🦕
@dpfisher31
Replying to @dpfisher31
Had already let the footy manager know we were in a bind. I suggested we try and get onto someone from Central Districts because they're also the Dogs. Oh and btw we were wearing our clash strip, so we needed our alternate white socks for added degree of difficulty.

8:55 PM - Jul 19, 2019

Dan Fisher 🦕
@dpfisher31
Replying to @dpfisher31
I can't remember, but I don't think we could get onto anyone from Centrals. In the meantime there was a little stall at West Lakes that sold basic socks. I bought four pairs of plain white socks in a panic. Maybe some guys who wear them down won't get noticed 🤷*!♂️ I was desperate.

8:58 PM - Jul 19, 2019

Dan Fisher 🦕
@dpfisher31
Replying to @dpfisher31
Bus is about to leave hotel and the leadership group had to be informed. Maybe some players may have grabbed a pair another time and packed them. Word spread through the whole group. Brian Lake reckons he pinched a pair or two and given them to a local mate a couple of year back

9:01 PM - Jul 19, 2019

Dan Fisher 🦕
@dpfisher31
Replying to @dpfisher31
Lakey's mate wasn't going to the game but could get there ASAP, but only had one or two pairs. Dale Morris though - ever dependable - comes to the Dogs rescue once again. He liked to bring his own socks along and it turned out he had three away pairs in his bag. It had to be Moz.

9:05 PM - Jul 19, 2019

Dan Fisher 🦕
@dpfisher31
· 17h
Replying to @dpfisher31
Lakey's mate wasn't going to the game but could get there ASAP, but only had one or two pairs. Dale Morris though - ever dependable - comes to the Dogs rescue once again. He liked to bring his own socks along and it turned out he had three away pairs in his bag. It had to be Moz.

Dan Fisher 🦕
@dpfisher31
It was Round 7, 2009. I was seven games into the job and I was certain it was gonna be my last. Honestly, I gotta rank this moment #1 on Dale's highlight reel just ahead of his tackle on Buddy in the 2016 GF.

9:10 PM - Jul 19, 2019
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...f6b218136e3f73