Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 18 v St Kilda 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I was talking more broadly about having a settled line-up being better than multiple weekly changes, which has been a staple of the Bevo era in the last couple of years. Also as YHF pointed out, I think Bont and Libba being included this week was unnecessarily rolling the dice with underdone players in the midfield, which proved to be a failure tonight.

I would think there are 1-2 players in the gun next week.
    We have had one of the most settled sides of all AFL clubs this year? This is backed up by fact - ie the changes per week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I take the point of the benefits of having a settled team but not at the expense of carrying non-performers over an excessive "trial" period. My view is if you clearly don't cut it when given sufficient opportunity out you go. Given what was clearly on the line this week the poor performers were marked imo even more harshly.

Post Thanks / Like

1 - Bailey Dale is far from a spent force. Way too many people writing him off at just 23, He has talent which we are short of
    2 - I didn't think Tory Dickson still had it in him. I got it wrong
    3 - Players with something to prove will be lining up for a spot in the last few rounds
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    3 - Players with something to prove will be lining up for a spot in the last few rounds
    Which players do you have in mind?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Which players do you have in mind?
    Both L.Young's, West, Roberts, Lynch, Hayes and maybe Jong and Gowers
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We have had one of the most settled sides of all AFL clubs this year? This is backed up by fact - ie the changes per week.
    The so called settled team showed up badly today. Liberatore clearly wasn’t match fit. Suckling R Smith and JJ again showed that we are not a serious final 8 contender. Our defence continues to bleed goals. How many times were St Kilda forwards left on their own in the goal square to kick easy goals. Naughton having been recruited as a key defender where we are suspect continues to struggle up forward. There is little point in playing Schache as a second string ruck man where he is clueless. Maclean and Richards have been played out of position most of the year. If we are willing to resign Lew Young as a key defender then why isn’t he being played. I think there is too many players being selected purely on reputation. The change of St Kilda’s Coach wasn’t the reason for the defeat but rather our weaknesses such as a lack of leg speed and poor disposal were clearly exposed today.

7. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I hate footy
    2. I hate St Kilda
    3. I hate losing (To St Kilda especially)
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

9. Likes The bulldog tragician, Max469, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    1. The 2 teams under us sacked their coaches and have won one less game. We just extended ours... footy is such a ruthless game
    2. 5 games left , its time to cut the list deep and find out who can Make a positive contribution to the club next year. We need to clear out it the list cloggers
    3. Do not bring in underdone players and its totally disrespecting our opposition
    It's really interesting to see this written, and not saying it's wrong but I'm wondering who the list cloggers are and whether a deep cut will result in anything but more years of bottom half performances given we're already a developing team.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

1. One positive, if we arse our way into 8th we won’t play any teams below us or with recently sacked coaches, not that either should make a difference

12. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I didn't think we could make finals even though I was hoping, but I didn't expect it would be Stkilda that would pretty much shatter our hopes.

2. Disrespect the opposition and pay the price. Our midfield got shown up today by lesser no name players who worked for one another. We forgot how to tackle and block for one another today.

3. Bailey Dale was a good selection
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

14. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. How Suckling gets a game ahead of Bailey Williams is beyond me. Outside of his weekly errors his body language is apathetic
    2. Everytime Bailey Dale gets a shot at goal I’m genuinely confident
    3. Outside of the rare occasion the mrs is in the mood or Bont is having a brownlow quarter, nothing gets me as excited as Bailey Smith kicking from the center to a leading forward

(Wanted to make each about a Bailey...)

16. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. If Suckling can't get in to the back 6 - then he doesn't have a place. Has never played well for us at half forward and is in awful form.
    2. I'm concerned that Libba hasn't played well for a long time. And our midfield hasn't functioned well with him in it for some time. Given it was first game back - will give him some grace, and hopefully he looks much better next week.
    3. Bailey Smith gives us far more when he looks to kick the ball. Is in a habit of taking on the tackler, doing U Turns - and all just to handball. The kid is going really well, but would love to see him make this adjustment in his game.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bailey Dale can play at this level. I hope he now finds the consistency to cement a spot in the team as he will be a valuable asset for us.
    2. Not something new but geez we stink it up against lower ranked teams. We made the Saints look like a top four team.
    3. Our two way running leaves a lot to be desired (again not something new-just reiterated this yesterday)

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt see game just read WOOF so:
    1. When a team loses its coach a script is written for the game dont ignore it, its a real thing but we have to be intense in the first quarter to deny them. We have to play as if they are West Coast and deny them their game, stifle them or attack all out. Must win first quarter.
    2. Bailey Dale is brilliant at his best.
    3.Schache is focussed on being harder at it and got the stuffing taken out of him as a result.

Post Thanks / Like

I. JJ had a bad game and gave up multiple goals to them.

2. First time I am thinking we need Naughty in our backline. Wish he had been moved there to stop the bleeding.

3. Was does Cordy kick on his left when he doesn't have to? It usually ends up badly.