Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you have learned-round 18 v St Kilda 2019

OK let's go. Tell us three things that you know now that you didn't know before the game.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Thanks comrade thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 18 v St Kilda 2019

Three.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

1. We are still miles off it as I suspected.

2. Our I50s have to be the worst I’ve ever seen at this level

3. Suckling is done and I’m not convinced Libba is best 22.

Post Thanks / Like

1. I got drunk of a few good wins, I suspect some players did too. Losing to the three worst teams this year at our home ground is a big character flaw.

2. Suckling should absolutely go to the states and try the NFL thing.

3. This year has been one of the worst so far I've had. Bad years, like the Rhode years, are bad but I guess are necessary. Worst years are showing more than glimpses of elite football, but pissing the opportunity of finals away for whatever reason.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    1. I got drunk of a few good wins, I suspect some players did too. Losing to the three worst teams this year at our home ground is a big character flaw.

2. Suckling should absolutely go to the states and try the NFL thing.

3. This year has been one of the worst so far I've had. Bad years, like the Rhode years, are bad but I guess are necessary. Worst years are showing more than glimpses of elite football, but pissing the opportunity of finals away for whatever reason.
    I’ll literally pay for Suckling’s airfare.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Naughton needs to go down back to get some confidence. Let him go straight at the ball.

2. Dale had the break out game he needs.

3. Could not believe the lack of support Bailey Smith got from his team mates when he got smashed by the Saints at every opportunity. Hang your heads guys he is a first year player.

Post Thanks / Like

1. That was a shocker of all shockers, but we've proven time and again over many years, when we face a team that has sacked a coach, we turn up our toes as the opposition lifts.
    2. Bailey Dale can play. Can hold his head up, and hopefully can make the most of the remaining games this year. He may just play himself into a new contract.
    3. Schache, did not impact the game statistically, but he put his body on the line and has grown immeasurably in terms of aggression and courage. The fact that when his head was spinning and he was struggling to know where he was or what year it was, he got involved in 2 passages of play as he was trying to wobble off the ground. Well done lad, you really earned some respect tonight.

9. Likes Bullies, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Today's effort was pathetic, I've seen countless drubbings in the rain and cold at the Western Oval but at least those guys had pride and tried.
    2.A win today would have placed us 9th, one game out of the 8 but that obviously meant nothing to this playing group.
    3.To persist with this "no change" selection policy is crap, now is the time to make several changes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    3.To persist with this "no change" selection policy is crap, now is the time to make several changes
    I didn't see the game tonight but wouldn't we prefer to have a settled and in-form line-up instead of Bevo's 'pull a rabbit out of his arse 5 changes a week' routine he was doing earlier in the season (eg: promoting Ryan Gardiner from the mid-season draft straight into the seniors after a sub 5 possession VFL game)?

it sounds like we went in with key underdone players tonight (Bont, Libba) which didn't help our midfield rotations and allowed St Kilda to decisively win the midfield battle.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I didn't see the game tonight but wouldn't we prefer to have a settled and in-form line-up instead of Bevo's 'pull a rabbit out of his arse 5 changes a week' routine he was doing earlier in the season (eg: promoting Ryan Gardiner from the mid-season draft straight into the seniors after a sub 5 possession VFL game)?

it sounds like we went in with key underdone players tonight (Bont, Libba) which didn't help our midfield rotations and allowed St Kilda to decisively win the midfield battle.
    So your opinion is that everyone who played today stays ?

Post Thanks / Like

1. The 2 teams under us sacked their coaches and have won one less game. We just extended ours... footy is such a ruthless game
    2. 5 games left , its time to cut the list deep and find out who can Make a positive contribution to the club next year. We need to clear out it the list cloggers
    3. Do not bring in underdone players and its totally disrespecting our opposition

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Bailey Dale dropped to the VFL, worked hard and it paid off, maybe I was wrong about him
    2. Naughton needs to put on some muscle
    3. We need to learn to defend better when a team is on a roll like the first quarter.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you've misinterpreted Sedat's post.
    He's suggesting we should not have made 3 changes this week, with Daniel and Libba having had a few weeks out. Maybe this week was not the week to make significant changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I think you've misinterpreted Sedat's post.
    He's suggesting we should not have made 3 changes this week, with Daniel and Libba having had a few weeks out. Maybe this week was not the week to make significant changes.
    We had two injuries so that was the minimum.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I was talking more broadly about having a settled line-up being better than multiple weekly changes, which has been a staple of the Bevo era in the last couple of years. Also as YHF pointed out, I think Bont and Libba being included this week was unnecessarily rolling the dice with underdone players in the midfield, which proved to be a failure tonight.

I would think there are 1-2 players in the gun next week.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"