Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 18 v St Kilda 2019

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    We really lack a quick crumbing forward. The ball was swept away so easily whenever it hit the deck.
    Is Lloyd not quick enough?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I think Lloyd is pretty quick, not as fast as some, like JJ and Ed but pretty quick and has great footy smarts and is an excellent kick mostly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I think this scenario occurs when we make a huge midfield turnover and our defenders are out of position. Its those turnovers that kill you. I also think that our defenders have been positioned more conservatively to counteract this in recent weeks - but this wasn't the case on Sunday.

I'm more disappointed when Cordy loses position and gives away a free kick in a contest - than being the one closest to someone marking uncontested - which is more likely the end result of a horrendous turnover.
    Agree Ozza. It was the key to our loss. We had it under control in recent weeks as you said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Agree Ozza. It was the key to our loss. We had it under control in recent weeks as you said.
    I think one way Crozier has helped, he is a careful user of the footy. When Cordy or Trengove get it I become a bit nervous. Sadly that mood is often justified! Caleb back should help.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I think one way Crozier has helped, he is a careful user of the footy. When Cordy or Trengove get it I become a bit nervous. Sadly that mood is often justified! Caleb back should help.
    A bit nervous? I need to change trousers in close games