Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  47
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Rd 19 vs Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    I would add JJ to your players to be dropped. He has been poor for most of the year as he was again today.
    Yes agreed. JJ gave away two important goals in the 1stQtr. Not taking the game on. Sorely lacking in confidence.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Out: Cordy, Schache if he doesn't come up

In: Morris, Roberts (played well today)

Trengove into the ruck, English limited time in the ruck, swapping with Trengove,

I am tempted to get rid of Roarke, but too many changes.
    Schache got hurt just in front of me and I couldn’t understand why trainers were not with him immediately.

He should be out for a few weeks, he didn’t know where he was and could not stand up or walk properly.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m overseas and didn’t watch the game. I listened to the first half and then went back to enjoying my Italian holiday.

We can’t drop everyone and make wholesale changes.

We need to understand our best 25 going forward, are B Dale, R Smith and Glorious Tory part of it? If not make the call.

Otherwise changes for injury with Mighty Moz, b wiiliams and the son of the west to come in.

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect there might be two changes with 3 an outside chance

With Schache a likely out for a few weeks our lack of KP depth on the playing list is really being tested

The ins to come from Roberts, Hayes, West, Lachie and Lewis Young.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Schache got hurt just in front of me and I couldn’t understand why trainers were not with him immediately.

He should be out for a few weeks, he didn’t know where he was and could not stand up or walk properly.
    I saw him come to the interchange bench barely able to stand up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There’s been a lot of discussion about teams sacking coaches before they play the Dogs.

But there are other similarities between those losses.

1. Short backline syndrome: 3 or more backmen trying to spoil at the same contest, leaving only Saints in the clear 5m from the pack. This led to a number of goals.

2. The Dogs played 10m closer to the boundary line. Sitting behind the goal square this was very obvious. It led to

more handballs, and under pressure,
    less margin for error when kicking to teammates
    and slower movement forward.

3. Partly because of point 2 the forward entries were often shallow and wide. Only Dale and Dickson were confident kicking at goal. Others tried to pass in a crowded area and turned the ball over.

4. English and Naughton spent a lot of time 30m from goal watching teammates kicking the ball wide (away from them). By the time the ball came in their direction they were in a pack and the kick was too high.

None of these observations have any to do with opposition coaches but all helped us lose.

7. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot, Nuggety Back Pocket, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

With Schache a likely out for a few weeks our lack of KP depth on the playing list is really being tested

Lewie could barely walk properly a couple of weeks ago, I don't think he'll be ready for a couple of weeks.

West looks ready, can we move Lippi forward a bit more and add west tot he midfield rotations? Libba also spent time forward.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I saw him come to the interchange bench barely able to stand up.
    Schache’s injury highlights a problem with how the game is/was managed. He took a long time to get up, obviously didn’t know where he was, eventually staggered towards the bench 100m away. On his way the play followed him. If he had collected the ball and been tackled while concussed the severity of his injury would have been magnified.

The game should have been stopped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

And Morris must be and in I would think G.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Lewie could barely walk properly a couple of weeks ago, I don't think he'll be ready for a couple of weeks.

West looks ready, can we move Lippi forward a bit more and add west tot he midfield rotations? Libba also spent time forward.
    Wouldn't mind West having a crack as a forward. A lack of forward pressure has been a theme through the year.

12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Schache’s injury highlights a problem with how the game is/was managed. He took a long time to get up, obviously didn’t know where he was, eventually staggered towards the bench 100m away. On his way the play followed him. If he had collected the ball and been tackled while concussed the severity of his injury would have been magnified.

The game should have been stopped.
    The whole incident with Schache was a sham both from the Umpires and the slowness of our training staff to react. The incident occurred close to where we were sitting and he obviously was in a great deal of distress. It was a blight on our game in what could have led to further complications to Schache’s health.

14. Likes westbulldog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He also had a blood nose so should have told the umpire to stop for the blood rule

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    He also had a blood nose so should have told the umpire to stop for the blood rule
    To be fair to Josh, I don't think he was totally aware what was going on...his team-mates should have told the umpire though.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    To be fair to Josh, I don't think he was totally aware what was going on...his team-mates should have told the umpire though.
    I read on Twitter that Mick Malthouse on 774, called him soft for not going up for the ruck contest, after he got up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache was not capable of telling anyone anything. I have never seen any football player in such a disoriented state.