Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  47
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Rd 19 vs Fremantle

West and Morris are locked in. Schacke, the Bont and Sucking will be out. I’d love to see Sweet debut this week and play out the season. On form alone I’m sure it’s a long shot but he’s getting his hand on the ball a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Magnetic resonance angiogram? Macho redneck Asshole?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    For the unwashed of us that means.....?
    Men's Rights Activist - internet mean guys
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo has confirmed West to debut and Morris to return.

Bevo Surprises Rhylee West

5. Likes choconmientay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Dermott is a proud MRA. Pretty amazing he still has a job in the AFL media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Men's Rights Activist - internet mean guys
    I thought maybe it was meant to be IRA since Dermott was alleged to have donated money to them. I remember my Grandmother didn't like him because of that rumour (although Dermie has denied it).

Post Thanks / Like

Great Westy is in.

He’s been made to earn his spot and I think he’s going to be hard to dislodge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I suspect there might be two changes with 3 an outside chance

With Schache a likely out for a few weeks our lack of KP depth on the playing list is really being tested

The ins to come from Roberts, Hayes, West, Lachie and Lewis Young.
    Another week for Morris in the 2s or should we bring him in too? If he is right to go then I would bring him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Schache’s injury highlights a problem with how the game is/was managed. He took a long time to get up, obviously didn’t know where he was, eventually staggered towards the bench 100m away. On his way the play followed him. If he had collected the ball and been tackled while concussed the severity of his injury would have been magnified.

The game should have been stopped.
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    He also had a blood nose so should have told the umpire to stop for the blood rule
    As a couple of others have said I dont think he knew what his own name was at that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I read on Twitter that Mick Malthouse on 774, called him soft for not going up for the ruck contest, after he got up.
    I volunteer to give Mick a thump and let's see how quickly he gets up again...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache was not capable of telling anyone anything. I have never seen any football player in such a disoriented state.
    Jim Edmond was once knocked silly in a game at the SCG v Sydney. The trainer runs out to help him to his feet and the next thing you know Jock has punched him and knocked the trainer into the middle of next week. I reckon that was the worst concussion I have seen, poor Jimmy didn't even know what team he was paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    They should sack him to guarantee the win.
    Don't. Just don't. We shouldn't even kid about it with our record.

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's a man's game...….tell that to the AFLW crazies who play it at the most elite and hardest level they can and go completely ballistic towards each other and the footy. It's insulting dinosaur views like this that represent the full picture of how the game is still viewed by some.

In my first senior game I had a head on clash with a player and we were both committed, both ended up concussed and we both ended up back on the ground in the second half. Immediately after it happened I was heading off the ground and tried to contest the footy as it came towards me and I was completely exposed. As soon as I was off I didn't know where I was, and everyone in the rooms at half time lauded me for the contest itself and the fact I tried to compete still - but they shouldn't have as the game clearly should have been stopped until my opponent and I left the ground.

It was dumb going back on, but I was in my first senior game and wanted to make sure everyone knew I was hard even as I was coming off after the initial incident. I remember things got a bit heated and a scuffle broke out later in the game when I'd returned and the slightest brush to the head put me on my arse again, but I stupidly played it out.

Josh has had his hardness questioned and I have no doubt the only thing going through his mind as he was coming off was his base need to prove to people that he is hard as well, and during that time he should have been protected against himself. For dickheads like Malthouse to question him at that time, as above, shows the dinosaur views that are still prevalent within the game.
    When I was 13 I got selected to play open age cricket for the first time. I was pretty rapt that they thought I was ready at the age of 13 to play against men so I was determined to prove myself. The second or third ball that I faced was short and I got onto position to hook it but I was used to 12 and 13 yos bowling and I wasn't quite quick enough. I can remember the ball flicking my forearm and then it must have smashed into my jaw (I don't remember that bit) and then climbing to my feet to face the next one. But (from what I am told) as the bowler ran in to bowl the next ball I toppled over unconscious and fell to the ground. The ambulance had to come onto the ground and up to the pitch because they thought it was less riskier than stretchering me off the ground to the ambulance. I was in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I thought maybe it was meant to be IRA since Dermott was alleged to have donated money to them. I remember my Grandmother didn't like him because of that rumour (although Dermie has denied it).
    My dad was on the executive of a trade union that was basically a front for collecting donations to the IRA. It's more common than you would think or at least it was until 11/9/2001 when terrorists became terrorists even if they spoke with an Irish accent.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Another week for Morris in the 2s or should we bring him in too? If he is right to go then I would bring him in...
    Bevo announced Moz was back too.

11. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Irish have never accepted the brutality the British used to subjugate the citizens of Ireland.
    Baby faced assassin, Rhylee West congratulations on you first game. How significant that Dale Morris will join you after yet another injury comeback.
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 24-07-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo has confirmed West to debut and Morris to return.

Bevo Surprises Rhylee West
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks hujsh, merantau thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly Schache was on his hands and knees for a while after the play had moved on. He was obviously trying to remember how to stand up. He needed a few attempts. I hope he can do it properly now.

Malthouse should offer a public apology. What a disgrace!
    Ballarat, a filthy day, freezing, rain blown horizontally on the exposed footie oval in 1969. We were Whitefriars College playing a preseason game against a catholic team, not the mighty St Pats but perhaps a boys home.
    They were beating us with hard footy. I chased a ball carrier, got my arms around his front and whacked the ball also punching his nuts accidentally and he swung his elbow flushing my jaw. Next I remember constantly chasing the ball which always seemed to be down the other end to where I was.
    I remember games end walking off and saying as a cry for help, "Frank, you won't believe this but I don't know where we are or what we are doing here". Then everybody seemefd to say the same word "concussion" which was comforting but a bit dismissive. I had no recall of what concussion was but anothr of our players had it and I looked at his face and thought it rude and embarrassing. He looked like he would do something stupid.
    Later I played under 19s for Beverly Hills in the VAFA thinking it was a fair comp of ball players. A psycho ruckman from Nth Old Boys who was swearing angrily at his mates for not kicking it to him, came out of nowhere just after I had hanballed off and round armed punched me breaking my nose which became a spout of blood. End of playing football for me. This hippy didn't believe in violence.
    AFL have done well in eliminating most psychopaths and in identifying head injuries as needing protection.
    You are right that Schache was vulnerable and umps should have stopped the game with him in the contested area. If that siren hadn't stopped I may have been still on that oval chasing the far away ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I absolutely love this ... love Bevo's method of interaction with Rhylee and the way Mozz was part of it. As much of the knock that Bevo has received this year as not relating to his players, this five minute video proves to me they're wrong.
    WOOF Member 422

18. Likes merantau, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did we miss a trick by not playing Morris & West last week? Having a legendary father-son debut & our veteran defensive hero back in the side may have helped to counter-act the sacked coach dead cat bounce the Saints enjoyed. At the very least, Moz would have shored up the ****-show that was our defensive 50.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.