Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  44
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 21, Vs Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I worried the week we dropped Richards and B Smith leading into the Saints game (especially as they are known for their speed).
    Smith has played every game, and Richards had some hamstring tightness that week
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am with you. Sucked me in with two good matches, but yesterday he was woeful
    Dale had a poor game as did Dickson and Lloyd. His two previous games were outstanding to be our best forward with 9 goals. Our forward line for the most part has been ineffective and perhaps we could do a lot worse than persevere with Dale for the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Dale had a poor game as did Dickson and Lloyd. His two previous games were outstanding to be our best forward with 9 goals. Our forward line for the most part has been ineffective and perhaps we could do a lot worse than persevere with Dale for the moment.
    Agree we shouldn't drop him

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Smith has played every game, and Richards had some hamstring tightness that week
    Sorry, I meant Bailey Williams. Dropped or otherwise, my point is that two of our quickest players came out of the team that was going head to head with a team known for their speed. It had me worried at the time.

My point by extension is that Richards offers raw speed that is a fairly rare commodity in our team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Sorry, I meant Bailey Williams. Dropped or otherwise, my point is that two of our quickest players came out of the team that was going head to head with a team known for their speed. It had me worried at the time.

My point by extension is that Richards offers raw speed that is a fairly rare commodity in our team.
    I agree. I think last week and this he had opportunities to kick more goals, but just panicked and rushed them. Nail those and we wouldn't be talking about dropping him.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I think last week and this he had opportunities to kick more goals, but just panicked and rushed them. Nail those and we wouldn't be talking about dropping him.
    But he has missed them and his field kicking has been poor.

Also, it is rare for him to show speed because he is frequently corralled against the boundary line. Unfortunately that is where the team prefers to play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    It was a disaster of a game to play in the forward 50, So many leads not honoured, So many kicks inside the forward 50 hit the ground and missed the targets, The long Bomb for the first half didn't work and we didn't lower the eyes, Its hard to blame the three small forwards when the ball coming in was given back to the Lions on a platter. What I would say is that with that all put to one side, We didn't have anyone who hit the pack or just crunched the opposition. You know just like Mitch Robinson did to Dunkley.
    With Suckling, JJ, Lloyd, Dale, Daniel, Lipinski, Hunter, Richards in the side. No opposition side would be worried about us. Unfortunately we have lost that hard edge that you need in September!
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

8. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    It was a disaster of a game to play in the forward 50, So many leads not honoured, So many kicks inside the forward 50 hit the ground and missed the targets, The long Bomb for the first half didn't work and we didn't lower the eyes, Its hard to blame the three small forwards when the ball coming in was given back to the Lions on a platter. What I would say is that with that all put to one side, We didn't have anyone who hit the pack or just crunched the opposition. You know just like Mitch Robinson did to Dunkley.
    With Suckling, JJ, Lloyd, Dale, Daniel, Lipinski, Hunter, Richards in the side. No opposition side would be worried about us. Unfortunately we have lost that hard edge that you need in September!
    I cannot remember seeing worse kicking than that on display from the Dogs in the first quarter.

They have no confidence and that is probably why their first choice is to handball (short).

10. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I cannot remember seeing worse kicking than that on display from the Dogs in the first quarter.

They have no confidence and that is probably why their first choice is to handball (short).
    I actually think that's a little bit of a let off. The amount of balls that went into the hands of players on the mark or shadowing the ball carrier was appalling and can only really be put down to laziness. Schache's handball turnover after a pretty good contested mark was especially backbreaking.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I actually think that's a little bit of a let off. The amount of balls that went into the hands of players on the mark or shadowing the ball carrier was appalling and can only really be put down to laziness. Schache's handball turnover after a pretty good contested mark was especially backbreaking.
    You might be correct but I see the players shaping up for a handball to the side as a first reaction to finding the ball in their hands.

That is before they have even looked ahead.

As I heard someone say recently, they want to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible.

only a few hold the ball and take responsibility for quickly gaining maximum distance with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Daniel is out for the year with a hammy and Crozier probably wont come up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    The year? Where was that mentioned?

Post Thanks / Like

Only three games to go if we don't make finals that's the season.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Crozier was a test?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have some inside info because neither of those things have been reported.

Essendon with plenty of injury problems of their own, including Saad ruled out this week.