Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  44
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 21, Vs Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How has Hayes improved?
    Duryea not that surprising but Hayes must be doing good in the VFL. Libba out but good Dunks and Crozier are ok from last Sunday.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

West very unlucky, Hayes extremely lucky
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Did Rylee West get injured? That could be the only reason he doesn't get a call up over Hayes. Sheesh.
    One thing that Hayes does have is an elite tank. In every AFL game he has played so far he has been ranked in our top couple (regularly first) for total kms, kms covered at high speed, highest maximum speed, highest average moving speed, and most amount of sprint efforts (doubling our next best by as much as 15 in some games).

I want to see Rhylee play as much as the next dog, but can he throw up Hayes like running numbers? I think this point of difference might be what gets Hayes the nod this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets be honest Hayes shouldn't be anywhere near an AFL list, Bevo just loves a battler it reminds him of himself as a player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Lets be honest Hayes shouldn't be anywhere near an AFL list, Bevo just loves a battler it reminds him of himself as a player.
    You may ultimately be proven right about Hayes. But if he's shown form in the two's then clearly the match committee see's a role for him this week.
    To equate Bevo (who is just one voice in the match committee) selecting Hayes purely because he likes to see a battler like himself get a game is just wrong. This isn't amateur hour, and Bevo just isn't going to give a game to anyone on a fanciful whim when there is a professional game of football at stake.

I've not been impressed thus far by Hayes, and am yet to be convinced he's a long term AFL player, but he ain't getting a game because Bevo thinks it's reminiscent of his career.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    One thing that Hayes does have is an elite tank. In every AFL game he has played so far he has been ranked in our top couple (regularly first) for total kms, kms covered at high speed, highest maximum speed, highest average moving speed, and most amount of sprint efforts (doubling our next best by as much as 15 in some games).

I want to see Rhylee play as much as the next dog, but can he throw up Hayes like running numbers? I think this point of difference might be what gets Hayes the nod this week.
    He's like a deer in the highlights when he gets it I don't care how far he can run. He turns the ball over too much to be playing.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    West very unlucky, Hayes extremely lucky
    I would have thought West’s tackling would get a game over Hayes’ running every day of the week and twice on the sabbath.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never really seriously questioned the MC like this before, but WTF?

As others have rightly said, Hayes? We had a good look at him earlier this year and I’m afraid that endurance isn’t enough of a reason to be getting a game. He will get seriously exposed by a speed team like the cheats.

We’ve officially turned into the discount white goods sellers of the footyworld. We’ve gone mad!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How has Hayes improved?
    The games I've seen he's just a vastly improved player. His kicking and ability to get the ball appear to me to have improved
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes josie, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both changes are pretty much like for a like. I’m ok with both changes.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Hayes is a worry, like Jong used to earlier in his career, he'll work hard, get the footy and then give it up easily under pressure. Outside runners will sweep every one of them up, get a man over the top and walk in a goal. I reckon he was worth -3 goals a week in his last stint.

Things can change though. If he can hang onto the ball in the clinches and choose safer option more often when in motion, his work ethic will shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

As others have rightly said, Hayes? We had a good look at him earlier this year and I’m afraid that endurance isn’t enough of a reason to be getting a game. He will get seriously exposed by a speed team like the cheats.

We’ve officially turned into the discount white goods sellers of the footyworld. We’ve gone mad!
    I didn’t like Hayes’ last game. He made a lot of errors after he had the head knock. But even then he had double the possessions of some others. His earlier games were quite passable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    You may ultimately be proven right about Hayes. But if he's shown form in the two's then clearly the match committee see's a role for him this week.
    To equate Bevo (who is just one voice in the match committee) selecting Hayes purely because he likes to see a battler like himself get a game is just wrong. This isn't amateur hour, and Bevo just isn't going to give a game to anyone on a fanciful whim when there is a professional game of football at stake.

I've not been impressed thus far by Hayes, and am yet to be convinced he's a long term AFL player, but he ain't getting a game because Bevo thinks it's reminiscent of his career.
    Hayes is one of those players who is a star at VFL level but not good enough at AFL level. He will get BOG every week in the VFL but found out in the top line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

Bevo is the new Ken Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Bit tough on Bevo picking players who remind him of himself
    Getting some silly comments on here the last few months
    Personally , I think West would be a better inclusion , but I’m positive players arent picked because it’s like the coach looking in the mirror