Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  44
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 21, Vs Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Williams had 15, 16, 16, 17, 17, 17, 19 = 117 possessions in 7 games before he was dropped.
    Crozier had 13, 14, 14, 14, 15, 16, 19 in his last 7 games before Williams was dropped.
    Richards had 6, 7, 9, 9, 12, 12, 23 = 78 possessions in 7 games at the same time.

Williams usually kicks the ball.

Is he really that bad? What is going on?
    Can't be worse than Cordy at the moment or Trengrove. Jackson and Zaine both look really down on confidence with the ball in hand. Williams took the game on a fair bit last time. Encouraged by what I saw.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Can't be worse than Cordy at the moment or Trengrove. Jackson and Zaine both look really down on confidence with the ball in hand. Williams took the game on a fair bit last time. Encouraged by what I saw.
    Problem is Williams isn’t a replacement for either Trengrove or Cordy.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Williams had 15, 16, 16, 17, 17, 17, 19 = 117 possessions in 7 games before he was dropped.
    Crozier had 13, 14, 14, 14, 15, 16, 19 in his last 7 games before Williams was dropped.
    Richards had 6, 7, 9, 9, 12, 12, 23 = 78 possessions in 7 games at the same time.

Richards was terrific last year in defence and should be played in his rightful position particularly given our shaky back line today. Williams has the ability with his long kicking to be a valuable addition to our midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Problem is Williams isn’t a replacement for either Trengrove or Cordy.
    That depends on who he would play against. Against Essendon I think we could get away with replacing Cordy with Williams
    He's taller than McGrath and Snelling.
    But really, I am just super disappointed in our backline tonight ( bar Crozier. He is so fun to watch) and perhaps clutching at straws.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Suckling was given a game today.
    I think there is a few that are given games just quietly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Had 11 disposals today in the VFL - he is out of form
    Wood had 12 today and has averaged about that all year and is regarded as good enough. I'm not sure stats matter that much with some of the selections
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Wood had 12 today and has averaged about that all year and is regarded as good enough. I'm not sure stats matter that much with some of the selections
    Different roles.

Wood looked a little lost out there at times, I am not sure what he as doing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Having played without injury this year it will be very interesting and revealing to see if Wood makes the top 10 in the B&F. Given his experience and leadership position that's the minimum you'd expect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Having played without injury this year it will be very interesting and revealing to see if Wood makes the top 10 in the B&F. Given his experience and leadership position that's the minimum you'd expect.
    Flat out can’t be captain next year. Is a fringe player and should be treated as such. That said, our defence struggles... so we have little choice but to play him.

I’d bin Suckling for Duryea and make no other chances.

10. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I’d bin Suckling for Duryea and make no other changes.
    Hopefully Duryea is ok. The only other change could be to bring Rhylee West in, for Richards.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How do we feel about Toby's chances of keeping his spot?

He was a passenger today with one deplorable effort in particular that helped cost us.

Blokes bugger up but he just seems to be treading water at the moment. Certainly not nearing anything close to what he can do, nor what we particularly need with a season on the line. We're a bigger handful with him at his wily best.

I'm guessing we'll back him against the filth but you wonder if Westy comes back into the frame at his expense.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Different roles.

Wood looked a little lost out there at times, I am not sure what he as doing.
    Really?

Wood plays very few decent games, in my opinion the bar is certainly lower for him than many others
    He's continues to escape a reasonable level of scrutiny and has for most of his career
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Really?

Wood plays very few decent games, in my opinion the bar is certainly lower for him than many others
    He's continues to escape a reasonable level of scrutiny and has for most of his career
    So you think Williams and Wood play the same role? I think they should, but Wood's role is way different having to play on taller players and constantly go the punch (no stat for that).

Wood has been good and bad this year, not consistent, but he has had to play a lot deeper than previous years and I think it really doesn't suit him.

15. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're comparing Willaims and Crozier's contributions based on possessions then you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm a believer in Williams ability but Crozier is a *!*!*!*!ing mile ahead of him

17. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    If you're comparing Willaims and Crozier's contributions based on possessions then you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm a believer in Williams ability but Crozier is a *!*!*!*!ing mile ahead of him
    How exactly?

I like both, but since Crozier cost us the game against Freo the first time I have noticed that he makes significant mistakes.

The occasional pack mark doesn’t make up for them.