Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  35
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 23, Vs Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    We can't have Trengove and English and Young and Cordy and Naughton and Schache.

One had to go. I am very surprised it is JT but that's Bevo.
    Young out. Surely. One game against zero forwards. Ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Cordy incredibly lucky to be playing ahead of Trengove given their respective form this year and the latter's ability to go in the ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

Feels like it's been about 8 weeks since we had a Crazy Bevo reaction the match committee thread!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Feels like it's been about 8 weeks since we had a Crazy Bevo reaction the match committee thread!
    Great way to reward a guy that's got you this far. I expect he won't be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

JT out wow. I didn't see that coming to be honest. I would agree that it would have to be for match up reasons but I thought he was an important part of our back line. We defended last week pretty good while he was in the ruck so I'd say that would be partly the reason he misses also.

We have been waiting for a while for Lewis Young to mature into a KPD and now after last weeks good performance, this is a chance to build on it and potentially play finals with the big boys. I loved his game last week. He marked the ball when he had to and punched the ball when he had to. Good signs.

I am excited to get another look at Westy's lad again too.

Anyone know what Dickson's injury is?
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    JT out wow. I didn't see that coming to be honest. I would agree that it would have to be for match up reasons but I thought he was an important part of our back line. We defended last week pretty good while he was in the ruck so I'd say that would be partly the reason he misses also.

We have been waiting for a while for Lewis Young to mature into a KPD and now after last weeks good performance, this is a chance to build on it and potentially play finals with the big boys. I loved his game last week. He marked the ball when he had to and punched the ball when he had to. Good signs.

I am excited to get another look at Westy's lad again too.

Anyone know what Dickson's injury is?
    Received a knock to the head last week

Even though Young played well, are we taking a risk in such an important game?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

My heart palpitations when I read the ins/outs had me thinking the same. That said, if the Crows really get a hold of Young we probably could switch him into the ruck for a spell with Naughton back and English forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if JT misses.
    I'm not who does he play on?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

I would still argue that we could’ve played Trengove in place of West.

Was fine for the Eagles a couple of weeks back against the Crows to go with Barrass, McGovern, Schofield, Hickey, Kennedy, Darling and Oscar Allen (not including Hurn) against the same talls that the Crows have this week with the addition of Keath for Otten.

Whilst the Crows tall aren’t gorillas per se they are experienced bigger body talls than ours.

It worked out OK for Collingwood the other week to go in small against the Crows so hopefully it does for us as well.

I would’ve preferred taking in Trengove over West and have Cordy play the utility.

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I would still argue that we could’ve played Trengove in place of West.

Was fine for the Eagles a couple of weeks back against the Crows to go with Barrass, McGovern, Schofield, Hickey, Kennedy, Darling and Oscar Allen (not including Hurn) against the same talls that the Crows have this week with the addition of Keath for Otten.

Whilst the Crows tall aren’t gorillas per se they are experienced bigger body talls than ours.

It worked out OK for Collingwood the other week to go in small against the Crows so hopefully it does for us as well.

I would’ve preferred taking in Trengove over West and have Cordy play the utility.
    All of the Eagles talls are more mobile than JT (and Cordy/Young to be fair) plus they’re all more dangerous aerially. Don’t forget, Adelaide’s running game gave the Eagles some trouble that day.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

12. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'm not who does he play on?
    Fogarty. He's a big boy 195 and 100.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Fogarty. He's a big boy 195 and 100.
    He isnt fast or agile enough imo for Fogarty. Wood should get him. Hes not a gorilla KF.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Has under 20 games under his belt perfect for Young.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    All of the Eagles talls are more mobile than JT (and Cordy/Young to be fair) plus they’re all more dangerous aerially. Don’t forget, Adelaide’s running game gave the Eagles some trouble that day.
    Which is the perfectly reasonable hypothesis that has no doubt been decided on by our MC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He isnt fast or agile enough imo for Fogarty. Wood should get him. Hes not a gorilla KF.
    Surely you are extracting the urine. Maybe I've been second hand smoking something I shouldn't. JT completely destroyed Tom Lynch earlier in the year and that's just the one I can remember.