Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  35
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 23, Vs Adelaide

I’ve got a feeling that if English was an out at the very last minute with ‘illness’ ( I’m thinking flu like symptoms) then he might be out for next week as well, assuming he’ll be crook for a week. I’ll put it out there that Sweet makes his debut, and unfortunately it will be Young that goes out. Pity though as Young was really good. He just doesn’t have enough credits to retain his spot.

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can think of one genuine stinker from Cordy from the last few weeks, and that's it. He's tightened right up as has the captain who only had one Easton moment today.........which is around his career average.

I'm really happy for Lew Young, he's come into the side and had an impact through playing well after a bit of a shaky start. The question for me is who do we trust the most out of our defenders and which combination provides the most flexibility for us if things aren't going our way? For mine it's Cordy, Wood and Trengove rather than Young, Wood and Trengove.

So if English is ready then he comes in for Cordy. I want to see Liberatore get through a match prior to exposing him to the seniors, so if he is ready then he plays at Footscray.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFill View Post
    I’ve got a feeling that if English was an out at the very last minute with ‘illness’ ( I’m thinking flu like symptoms) then he might be out for next week as well, assuming he’ll be crook for a week. I’ll put it out there that Sweet makes his debut, and unfortunately it will be Young that goes out. Pity though as Young was really good. He just doesn’t have enough credits to retain his spot.
    It was apparently gastro, with Brent Prismall succumbing to it as well. I'm concerned that it will rip through the group this week, like a flu like illness did in the latter stages of 2010.......which was a bloody disappointment of a year!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So if English is ready then he comes in for Cordy. I want to see Liberatore get through a match prior to exposing him to the seniors, so if he is ready then he plays at Footscray.
    English will be fine, had a bit of Gastro
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    English will be fine, had a bit of Gastro
    Heard he called his toilet ‘GWS’ for the afternoon, so he didn’t miss out on shitting on GWS either.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes bornadog, N/A, Dry Rot, 1eyedog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can think of one genuine stinker from Cordy from the last few weeks, and that's it. He's tightened right up as has the captain who only had one Easton moment today.........which is around his career average.

I'm really happy for Lew Young, he's come into the side and had an impact through playing well after a bit of a shaky start. The question for me is who do we trust the most out of our defenders and which combination provides the most flexibility for us if things aren't going our way? For mine it's Cordy, Wood and Trengove rather than Young, Wood and Trengove.

I Want us to get back to the point with defense where we can play Cordy up forward again to help get the ball up the ground, when we did that in 16 and, a few times this year, our forward line looks alot better for it.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Lewy Young could be our Harris Andrews.

Whether now's the right time to anoint him is a vexing question though.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Lewy Young could be our Harris Andrews.

Whether now's the right time to anoint him is a vexing question though.
    His intercepting has been a highlight at vfl level all year (15 marks last week) but I was very impressed with his 1 on 1 defending after qtr time. He used his long arms to get to kill a few contests he had no right chopping.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Dickson will be in doubt due to a hamstring either being slightly strained or tight/sore.

He noticeably reached for it in the last couple of seconds of the third quarter and looked to go off the ground with about 15 minutes to go in the last and finish the game in a tracksuit top.

Bad timing if that's the case, but with the week off it might be OK.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Dickson will be in doubt due to a hamstring either being slightly strained or tight/sore.

He noticeably reached for it in the last couple of seconds of the third quarter and looked to go off the ground with about 15 minutes to go in the last and finish the game in a tracksuit top.

Bad timing if that's the case, but with the week off it might be OK.
    He had a similar issue the previous week, so may be something about to happen.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe the calls for Cordy to make way. Zaine's a lock in my humble opinion.

Hayes makes way for English if there are no other forced ommissions.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    I can't believe the calls for Cordy to make way. Zaine's a lock in my humble opinion.

Hayes makes way for English if there are no other forced ommissions.
    Surely then when become too top heavy and lose running power?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Calls to drop Young after a good game are mystifying, some would have him out whether he played well or not. Cordy is not the long term answer to CHB. Young stays imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFill View Post
    If English is out again why wouldn't we just leave it as is? Trengove did an admirable job in the ruck, this isn't the time to leap into the unknown with Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

If Dicko has a bit of Hammy soreness could we see Cavarra debut.
    It's a bit of like for like. West would be another option but if we start to get on top and the Crows look like they are out could a more seasoned campaigner be better if it gets a bit willing.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...