Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  35
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 23, Vs Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    So is Trengove's omission a team balance change? I thought he did an admirable job last week.
    Of course with English coming back in.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Really happy for West hope he puts in a good one.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

How strange. We were bewildered all year that Young Lewis wasn’t in the team .... and now after finally being included albeit last minute, in a match that had much to love but a few things early on where TBH he looked very shaky, he is retained over a workhorse who’s been valiant all year. #inBevowetrust (gulp).
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

4. Likes Mofra, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Nah mate, i really dont think JT is suited for a job on Fogarty.

Maybe if Jenkins was playing perhaps he'd have a better role.
    JT is more suited to Fogarty than he is Jenkins.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    How strange. We were bewildered all year that Young Lewis wasn’t in the team .... and now after finally being included albeit last minute, in a match that had much to love but a few things early on where TBH he looked very shaky, he is retained over a workhorse who’s been valiant all year. #inBevowetrust (gulp).
    I think we missed an opportunity throughout the season to develop some of the younger players and Lewis Young was probably the most glaring omission. I look forward to seeing how he goes hopefully this week and a few more after that
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Trengove was dropped because it is professional sport and Young was better than him last week. I like what Trengove has done for the group but we should be psyched that we have a young KPD showing heaps not bemoaning that he's replaced someone with obvious limitations.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Trengove was dropped because it is professional sport and Young was better than him last week. I like what Trengove has done for the group but we should be psyched that we have a young KPD showing heaps not bemoaning that he's replaced someone with obvious limitations.
    Yep. This is pretty close to our best and most balanced 22.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Obvious?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Obvious?
    Mans is slow, weak by foot and prone to some horrible decisions. There's a very particular type of player that he excels at playing on and they're a dying breed in the AFL.

I have him pegged as a superior version of Roughy as a KPD. For what its worth I think he's been a fantastic presence during a tumultuous time for the club.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Mans is slow, weak by foot and prone to some horrible decisions. There's a very particular type of player that he excels at playing on and they're a dying breed in the AFL.

I have him pegged as a superior version of Roughy as a KPD. For what its worth I think he's been a fantastic presence during a tumultuous time for the club.
    I hear you, we could certainly pick out negatives for most players I would've thought though. Long term Young makes sense, at this point of this season I'd prefer Jackson.

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The upside is that he is a great club man and versatile enough to fill a few positions which makes him a more than handy enough player for us. You're right though ideally he needs certain match-up's

I'm a fan of Lewy Young and believe he should have played a bit more though the season and I wonder how he will go when pitted against the players Trengove might otherwise have taken. I guess it Cordy vs Walker tomorrow which will be a good test
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you, we could certainly pick out negatives for most players I would've thought though. Long term Young makes sense, at this point of this season I'd prefer Jackson.
    Yep me too. You know what you're getting with Trenners the difference between his best and worst is slim. Young is a big risk. He's still developing and is liable to put in a stinker. If they expose him this weekend it might get ugly.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, good luck to Lewis but Trengove is near the best defenders in the comp for one on one winning %. Surprising, but there's only a couple of percent in it.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Dropping trengrove is a sign that Lewis development has progressed well as he grows into being a KPD. I find this exciting and is a good problem to have that one of our young players has been picked ahead of one of the senior players

Trengrove has been an excellent pickup and a good clubman I would expect he understands where he sits in the team

Funny don’t recall him being such a bad kick at port . He was a superb mark at port before he got series of injuries in 2015

I am excited by young’s potential but also a bit anxious on the GAP between his good and worst , but hopefully he has matured as a player who knows how to cope with pressure and bring consistent footy

18. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Worth giving Young the match. If we are to win the flag (which we could) we will need to beat either Tigers or Eagles who both have 2x KPFs. So keeping Lewis in, giving him confidence and exposure at AFL level is a great idea. ��