Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  87
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: EPL Season 2019/20

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    For me the seasons done already, only the money hungry want it to continue over the health of people involved.

Give Pool the cup, they deserve it. No relegation, Brom and Leeds come up, no relegation and have 22 in the league next season.

Pool, City, Leicester and Chels get UCL football. The biggest issue for me is if Citys ban sticks after appeal as Sheffield United has a game in hand and is only 2 points behind Man United.
    Will the Premier League season be voided?

The league are desperate to play the remaining games but a radical plan could be introduced if the campaign is completely curtailed due to coronavirus.
    It has been claimed that the league could consider crowning Liverpool as champions with Leeds and West Brom promoted from the Championship.
    It would mean the 2019/20 campaign would be shut down for good and we would resume with a 22-team season next term.
    Spot on Chef
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Spot on Chef
    Its probably the most logical thing to do, not everybody will be happy but no matter what happens that will be the case.

I get people wanting Pool to eat a shit sandwich because its Liverpool but they've done more than enough to be chsmpions.
    The curse is dead.

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So if the season ends now and City get shoehorned United get the fourth spot
    The season is stopped so regardless of Sheffield United having a game in hand it’s tough luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Its probably the most logical thing to do, not everybody will be happy but no matter what happens that will be the case.

I get people wanting Pool to eat a shit sandwich because its Liverpool but they've done more than enough to be chsmpions.
    I don't really want Liverpool to have to eat the shit sandwich but I just can't see any other way that it plays out-even if it were Arsenal in this position I'd be of the some opinion.I wouldn't like it and I'd have a good long whinge about it but eventually I would come around to it The other clubs won't stand for it and will do everything in their power to prevent Liverpool being crowned champions..
    WASH YOUR HANDS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I don't really want Liverpool to have to eat the shit sandwich but I just can't see any other way that it plays out-even if it were Arsenal in this position I'd be of the some opinion.I wouldn't like it and I'd have a good long whinge about it but eventually I would come around to it The other clubs won't stand for it and will do everything in their power to prevent Liverpool being crowned champions..
    The other clubs want the season played out so they can get their full allocation of TV money, they dont give a shit about Liverpool winning a trophy.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

FIFA agrees to a proposal to move Summer transfer window and extend contracts to whenever season ends,

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52188913

Post Thanks / Like

They are also setting the end of August as the cut off for the season.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Time will tell. From a totally biassed position i would love to see Liverpool get it.
    I'm not so sure legal challenges will take place either way. If our legal backlog is up the creek, i can't imagine how it would be in the uk. Also the general public over there would be very hostile to clubs going to war with the state of the nation as it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Liverpool deserve it but they havent won the title. Clubs pushing for a June 30th deadline for the season to end now.