Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  71
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Fremantle R19 2019

Home now from the game.

Very happy with that performance today. Really complete team effort and we give ourselves a chance again to still feature in September. Will be back again in 2 weeks at Marvel for what hopefully will set up a big game v Bombers if we can pull it off next week against the Lions.

Moz injury the sour note.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

How cool was Moz sitting on the bench comforting teammates who were pretty much inconsolable that he had gone down again? At one stage he was sitting there explaining something to Bailey Smith when Bailey started with the big tears and Dale just leaned over, put his arm around Bailey's shoulders and gave him a big hug.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

3. Likes cinder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The young ones' goals were outstanding. What a boon if Rhylee and BS enjoy a sniff of a goal. Exciting.

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Dale is our next Garry Merrington.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    How cool was Moz sitting on the bench comforting teammates who were pretty much inconsolable that he had gone down again? At one stage he was sitting there explaining something to Bailey Smith when Bailey started with the big tears and Dale just leaned over, put his arm around Bailey's shoulders and gave him a big hug.
    I'm in awe of Dale at how he carries himself in all situations, good or bad. He just always puts the team first. He is the dictionary definition of the team player, and I am so devastated that this appears to be how he exits the game.

There have been more skilled players, but for mine Moz is my all time favourite. If i ever need to show my kids to model their application to any task that seems beyond them, I'll talk to them about Dale's journey.

Post Thanks / Like

I have memories of the versatile Merrington switching forward and kicking bags of goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'm in awe of Dale at how he carries himself in all situations, good or bad. He just always puts the team first. He is the dictionary definition of the team player, and I am so devastated that this appears to be how he exits the game.

There have been more skilled players, but for mine Moz is my all time favourite. If i ever need to show my kids to model their application to any task that seems beyond them, I'll talk to them about Dale's journey.
    I always loved my dad and thought I was lucky to have him but I'd happily take Dale Morris as a replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

Garry Merrington - ex- Tottenham Tech, ex-Braybrook FC, I believe. Gave us great service in the 70s.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I fwar the worst for Dale Morris. Dale you are immortal. You are up there with the greats in contesting, competing. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

PG mentioned today another $1million profit coming up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I have memories of the versatile Merrington switching forward and kicking bags of goals.
    My favorite memory of Chooka was him running around the boundary at the Geelong rd end bouncing the ball with Peter Hudson hot on his tail. Merrington takes one too many bounces when the ball bounces back over his head into Hudson's lap who promptly turns around and kicks a goal!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Garry Merrington - ex- Tottenham Tech, ex-Braybrook FC, I believe. Gave us great service in the 70s.
    You, B4lL BAD and no-one were my predictions for remebering Merrington. Good memories.

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Dale is an interesting player. He has proven he can kick 4-5 goals on about 3 or 4 occasions now, so quite clearly he has the ability to play well at the top level. The question is can he consistently deliver and become that goal kicking HFF or does he need to be able to push further up the ground?

Question marks on his defensive game / ability to win the ball, but he’s a smart player who moves well and has very good skills.

My opinion has seemed to change on him multiple times, from thinking he won’t make it, to thinking he can become a very dangerous forward, to thinking he has too many deficiencies to then seeing him produce two great games back to back.

Will be interesting to see where he’s at in 2-3 years time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    My favorite memory of Chooka was him running around the boundary at the Geelong rd end bouncing the ball with Peter Hudson hot on his tail. Merrington takes one too many bounces when the ball bounces back over his head into Hudson's lap who promptly turns around and kicks a goal!
    Haha, that makes me remember. One of the few times we were on the TV. I met Dougie alone at a bar in Doncaster. In the company of my beautiful partner told him that like EJ he was not recorded on TV like other greats, the TV missed a lot of their brilliance.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post