Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 19 v Freo (the way to go-oh) 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I love the footy club, and I love going to the footy to support them - but the supporters have really taken a shine off it for me in the last couple of seasons.
    Couldn’t agree more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    It’s not a side swipe at all, I was just amazed how the younger Kids are coming on. When I look at who will make way I think that Wood, Hunter and Cordy are the three in the gun. Hunter is the most under pressure as the likes of Richards, Smith, McClean and West will build there tanks over the preseason and will be forcing the issue on getting a call up.

Truth known it’s a really good spot to be in as I would have Wallis in that group as well.
    I can't agree with you re Hunter. As GVGjr said he has frustrating faults but those gut runs as you say can't be underestimated. He is constantly making himself an option for his team mates giving them a get out of trouble kick. His loopy kicks annoy the shit out of me but he generally uses the ball well and gains good metres for us. He can milk the odd free or 2 every now and again too. The coaches must like his work as well because he is the reining b&f winner and he just signed a 5 year deal.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter is the smartest player in our team.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hunter never gets beaten one on one - I think he is a valuable member of the team
    You don't sign a player for 5 years if he's not a critical part of your future.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't understand the Cordy and Hunter baggers.

There would be 17 other clubs more than happy to take both Hunter and Cordy.

Hunter gives his all and is one of the first picked.

Not sure the young kids would be able to do the pressure acts Cordy does each week. Too many people judge games on the stats/disposals. Some of the tasks Cordy gets he is punching well above his weight but is having a crack. Name someone we have in the 2's who can take a gorilla at the moment.

He is also still learning the game and will only get better. He should be taking on the number 3 or 4 best mid forward but is getting 1 and 2. His game has been fast tracked with Morris missing so many games.

8. Likes Max469, Mofra, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post

Not sure the young kids would be able to do the pressure acts Cordy does each week. Too many people judge games on the stats/disposals. Some of the tasks Cordy gets he is punching well above his weight but is having a crack. Name someone we have in the 2's who can take a gorilla at the moment.

He is also still learning the game and will only get better. He should be taking on the number 3 or 4 best mid forward but is getting 1 and 2. His game has been fast tracked with Morris missing so many games.
    How was that great spoil Cordy did for West to take the ball and kick his first.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not seen much criticism of Cordy, most say he is not being used effectively. As you have. All comments referring to his time on the forward line last week have been glowing praise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    You don't sign a player for 5 years if he's not a critical part of your future.
    And reigning best and fairest.

Post Thanks / Like

Why did Scott West look so grumpy watching Rhylee's first goal? Was he thinking he should still be out there himself? Or blinking back many tears of pride? He just looked so glum!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Why did Scott West look so grumpy watching Rhylee's first goal? Was he thinking he should still be out there himself? Or blinking back many tears of pride? He just looked so glum!
    Fox had shown a similar clip earlier, so it possibly had nothing to do with his real time reaction to Rhylee's goal.There was a later clip shown with Westy broadly smiling and hugging his equally happy wife, maybe that was the real time response.

I'd reckon Scott West has a bigger heart than what Fox were cheaply implying in the timing of the grumpy-guts clip.

14. Thanks Murphy'sLore thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lachie is having a very good year. For some reason he has been a bit of a whipping boy on this forum. I think part of that is due to poor finishing when kicking for goal. The disappointment clouds people's judgement. They tend to overlook his gut running, the inside balls he feeds out, his courage, his link work and his one on one wins. He is a Damn good player for mine.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

16. Likes bornadog, Bulldog Joe, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its shyness not wanting the spotlight when your son deserves it but also thats nothing more than what I expect, they aint seen nothin yet.

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason they played footage they had already shown. There is footage of all the family high-fiving they showed a bit later. C7 have real trouble with the dads of oyr players. Remember at the 2016 Grand Final they kept trying to get a shot of Tony Liberatore hugging his wife but they kept aiming the camera at the wrong section of the crowd, Tony was just visible in the bottom corner until they figured out they were showing the wrong crowd section.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Westy is a nervous watcher remember how calm Rhylee was sitting next to him and how jittery Westy was with 10 minutes to go in the Granny?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

20. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure 17 Other clubs would take Cordy. He is an odd player. He does some really nice things and some clangers like all players.

He’s not strong enough to play a lock down defender role for 4 quarters, not fast enough off the blocks or a good enough kick to play as a loose man or a line breaker. His good and bad travel with him both ends of the ground.

Agree he should be playing on lower tier forwards and not sure we’ve nailed the perfect role for him, not the perfect mix of players around him.

Maybe it’s more an issue with consistency and by this stage of his career we are right to expect consistency. He was great on Sunday last.

22. Likes N/A liked this post