Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 19 v Freo (the way to go-oh) 2019

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Not sure 17 Other clubs would take Cordy. He is an odd player. He does some really nice things and some clangers like all players.

He’s not strong enough to play a lock down defender role for 4 quarters, not fast enough off the blocks or a good enough kick to play as a loose man or a line breaker. His good and bad travel with him both ends of the ground.

Agree he should be playing on lower tier forwards and not sure we’ve nailed the perfect role for him, not the perfect mix of players around him.

Maybe it’s more an issue with consistency and by this stage of his career we are right to expect consistency. He was great on Sunday last.
    Hunter is a mystifying player. Ball magnet, yet tends to stuff up simple things like a set shot, out of grounds on the full. He's a great contributor, but his best and worst in one game is a bit baffling at times. Master of the head high free. Very handy.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see the downside in Hunter that others do. He'd be one of the last I'd critique although he's certainly not immune to it. Most of our players have the yips at the moment and while I agree his dinky field kicks can be frustrating he almost always hits a leading player front on. He's got good goal sense, is smart, gets a lot of the ball, spreads well, tackles ok and is one of the hardest workers at the club. He's a great celebrator and is always the first one to congratulate a mate on a goal i.e. has a great attitude. I think he'd be really well liked and one of the first picked.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

3. Thanks RoZDog thanked for this post
    Likes The bulldog tragician, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter is hard to call. On one hand you know exactly what you’ll get each week - he runs hard, gathers 30 touches and is often a target for the sideways kick from the middle or out of defence. I think he plays the defensive wing role superbly.

His skills are what baffles me. On point, he is awesome up to 40 metres. Is creative, accurate and accountable. Then he misses a 30 m kick to a player by himself, kicking to an opposition player also all by himself. It’s excrutiating.

Good outweighs the bad though IMO. If he could sort the 25-40m kicking yipps he would genuinely be elite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Hunter is hard to call. On one hand you know exactly what you’ll get each week - he runs hard, gathers 30 touches and is often a target for the sideways kick from the middle or out of defence. I think he plays the defensive wing role superbly.

His skills are what baffles me. On point, he is awesome up to 40 metres. Is creative, accurate and accountable. Then he misses a 30 m kick to a player by himself, kicking to an opposition player also all by himself. It’s excrutiating.

Good outweighs the bad though IMO. If he could sort the 25-40m kicking yipps he would genuinely be elite.
    All players do that, it's because it is Hunter fans point out his mistakes. He is running at 77.1% disposal efficiency, which is pretty good for a player averaging 26.7 disposals per game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    All players do that, it's because it is Hunter fans point out his mistakes. He is running at 77.1% disposal efficiency, which is pretty good for a player averaging 26.7 disposals per game.
    There is a reason fans notice it with him, it may not be because it happens more often, it’s because it happens at times when he is under no pressure and the player he is kicking to is in space so there is a large margin for error.

Overall this DE is good and he has other great attributes like his running