Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 19 v Freo (the way to go-oh) 2019

1. Bulldogs supporters are rarely happy. Even with an 8 goal win, my section were beside themselves with anger and negativity.

2. We have probably gotten Taylor Duryea for his best footy years. Congrats to the list managers, I didn't see it coming.

3. People that have declared Dickson as cooked and too slow might be watching the game with their eyes closed or solely on the stats sheet. When the game was hot, his 80 metre long leads to give us an option to kick to from half back were crucial. Does all the basics extremely well, would have covered huge ground yesterday, and even got a couple of crucial balls in D50 when he was needed to get back there and help out.

2. Likes GVGjr, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Bailey Dale plays well as that "elusive" forward type rather than the wing. Terrific goal sense. Sign him up!

2. Naughty has got incredible sticky fingers and is so important for our team. His infectious smile after our wins shows he loves being with the red, white and blue.

3. Rhylee West is a thinking footballer. His passing off to other players in better positions rather than just ping it towards goal was exceptional for a first gamer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    1. Bailey Dale plays well as that "elusive" forward type rather than the wing. Terrific goal sense. Sign him up!

2. Naughty has got incredible sticky fingers and is so important for our team. His infectious smile after our wins shows he loves being with the red, white and blue.

3. Rhylee West is a thinking footballer. His passing off to other players in better positions rather than just ping it towards goal was exceptional for a first gamer.
    Good point about West. You’d forgive him for having a ping but he made the right decision on multiple occasions. Hard to teach, those sort of split second moments separate the high footy IQ types from the rest.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes Bulldog4life, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rhylee has not only got Scott's gene's (although his chubby cheeks are mum's) but also I suspect been schooled extensively by Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    1. Bulldogs supporters are rarely happy. Even with an 8 goal win, my section were beside themselves with anger and negativity.

2. We have probably gotten Taylor Duryea for his best footy years. Congrats to the list managers, I didn't see it coming.

3. People that have declared Dickson as cooked and too slow might be watching the game with their eyes closed or solely on the stats sheet. When the game was hot, his 80 metre long leads to give us an option to kick to from half back were crucial. Does all the basics extremely well, would have covered huge ground yesterday, and even got a couple of crucial balls in D50 when he was needed to get back there and help out.
    Re your point 1, it was amazingly obvious yesterday. Was just speaking to a colleague about it I found it very surprising.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Re your point 1, it was amazingly obvious yesterday. Was just speaking to a colleague about it I found it very surprising.
    I love the footy club, and I love going to the footy to support them - but the supporters have really taken a shine off it for me in the last couple of seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bailey Dale does have some footy smarts. I thought he was over-rated in the player award voting the previous week, for kicking junk time goals, but this week he played seriously good when it mattered.

2. Aaron Naughton showed that good forwards can be big contributors without needing to score the goals themselves.

3. When our midfield is on they are definitely an elite group.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

1. Naughton is extremely agile at ground level, moreso than most 195cm players

2. English is now a genuine threat around the ground

3. The footy gods can be unbearably cruel
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Morris going down is a tragedy. Poor bugger deserves a break

Bailey Dale is a smooth mover. Loved his last two weeks

The AFL are numbnuts. They are trying to speed up the game and limit how many stoppages in a game. But when your tackled if you hold onto it no worries ball up. But if you frantically get it out some how you get pinged. Figure it out Almighty ruler of the free world Steve Hocking

12. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Locky hunter is slipping to become a fringe player for us. His only attribute is his gut run. I hope he isn’t in the leadership group next year as he will be under pressure for his spot from the young guys on the list.

End of year player meetings will be interesting. Wood, Dickson, Morris, Cordy and Hunter. May not fair that we’ll.

I thing Gia might be a better coach\player manager than I thought. The young kids are really having an impact when they get an opportunity. Glad the MC has seen the light.
    I think it's a bit of a harsh assessment there BB. Hunter was pretty good on the weekend, Sure he has some faults that annoy me no end but he is also called out for them vastly more than most
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Finally the mold has broken and for the first time I genuinely feel we are a capable finals side. Look out 2020.

2. First time in a long time I've heard anyone call us slick. Even in 16 they didn't use the word slick. It was always hard, contested, committed but never slick. I like being slick. It's even better when it's your coach who calls you that.

3. We have the best young players in the comp hands down. Name a younger list profile rolling the likes of Brisbane, Richmond and Geelong. Another 20-30 games into Naughts, Smith, English in particular and look out!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I love the footy club, and I love going to the footy to support them - but the supporters have really taken a shine off it for me in the last couple of seasons.
    2014 or 2015 I bought season seats for my son and I. One guy near us would just whinge all game about Minson, he had zero tolerance and obviously enjoyed the power of inflicting his negativity on everyone. It made him feel powerful and others around him uncomfortable.
    One game I illegally sat in the reserved area on level one and a guy there was laying into Eagleton with vitriol. I told him to get out of the stadium and leave the club if he wasn't a supporter. Strangely he thanked me for the lesson. These underdeveloped souls need to realise that they are pains in the arse and anti club. Everything you say and do is a reflection of yourself, its not Minson or Eagleton making you act like that, its you. No excuse.

16. Likes azabob, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think it's a bit of a harsh assessment there BB. Hunter was pretty good on the weekend, Sure he has some faults that annoy me no end but he is also called out for them vastly more than most
    It’s not a side swipe at all, I was just amazed how the younger Kids are coming on. When I look at who will make way I think that Wood, Hunter and Cordy are the three in the gun. Hunter is the most under pressure as the likes of Richards, Smith, McClean and West will build there tanks over the preseason and will be forcing the issue on getting a call up.

Truth known it’s a really good spot to be in as I would have Wallis in that group as well.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    It’s not a side swipe at all, I was just amazed how the younger Kids are coming on. When I look at who will make way I think that Wood, Hunter and Cordy are the three in the gun. Hunter is the most under pressure as the likes of Richards, Smith, McClean and West will build there tanks over the preseason and will be forcing the issue on getting a call up.

Truth known it’s a really good spot to be in as I would have Wallis in that group as well.
    Think this is way off the mark.
    Hunter was terrific on the weekend and having a solid season - particularly considering he has needed shoulder surgery since the season began, after coming off the B&F last year.
    In terms of your previous comment about hoping he isn’t in the leadership next year, I’d say there’s pretty much no chance of that. Hunter is clearly one of our best footy brains out there who visibly organises us, and is one that Bevo and the coaches look to, to communicate to the group on field and back to them also.

19. Likes Bulldog4life, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Hunter never gets beaten one on one - I think he is a valuable member of the team
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes N/A liked this post