Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  213
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day v Essendon R21 2019

How good were their media favourites last night.. Stringer and Fantasia, paying the big bucks to players who go missing when a little pressure is applied.
    I actually took a close eye on the bombers when we were flying and the second efforts were non existent, one standout was an Essendon player going to ground near the goal square after a contest and just lying there as his opponent got up and made sure we kicked another goal, he decided to get up after it was kicked.
    We were making 3rd and 4th efforts , Dunkley was unbelievable in that regard.
    Their coach made no moves of any kind, not even flooding the back half.
    They are seriously over rated.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Was that when Timmy Watson torn us a new one? I was at Windy Hill for that and in a sea of red and black and they never let up on me. If I was an aggressive person I would have been dragged off in cuffs by half time.

But I stuck it out till full time as I wasn't going to give them the pleasure of me leaving early although I still copped it on the way out.

I have loathed that club ever since. I never say much at the footy and I gave them no cause to heckle only for the colours I wore.

There're not very gracious in victory and I've not been live to see it in defeat.
    Their supporters far outdo any others in obnoxiousness. On that awful day they never relented in mocking us for simply standing on the Windy hill terraces. And, memo to those in red and black who disappeared in the third qtr, we stayed to the (very) bitter end.

Though fortunately they are no good lately, look out for them should they become a force again. I like to think their recent dismal efforts are karma for the drug saga where their deluded fans blamed everyone but St James Hird.

Now that I’ve got all that off my chest I’m even more disappointed we allowed them those late goals
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He’s a serious player... Can everyone on our list go to the states and do a pre pre-season with the Bont? Good things happen when you do!
    I also thought he went. Now I’m not actually sure he went for the training part.

Bontempelli was talking about it a week or so back and only referenced Dunkley.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    i remember round 1 2006 when we beat the tiges by 115 points.

And was at the western oval in 1985 when we beat the dees by about 120
    I was at both those games too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    There's some high quality schadenfreude to be had over at bombreblitz including irate calls to bring back Goddard and Hirdy but this contribution from one particularly resigned member of the faithful might be the most satisfying ...

Bomberblitz is the best. I particularly liked this post:

“On a more positive note.

It will be interesting to see who gets a fun, crazy haircut this week. Imagine if we go over to Perth with a whole team full of fun haircuts. Maybe Heppell should tie his hair up like dog ears, or Zac Clarke can dye a single dreadlock a crazy colour. I just really hope it’s something fun.”

It was also accompanied by a GIF of Dr. Cox from Scrubs doing a sarcastic whacky face.

6. Thanks merantau thanked for this post
    Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    How good were their media favourites last night.. Stringer and Fantasia, paying the big bucks to players who go missing when a little pressure is applied.
    I actually took a close eye on the bombers when we were flying and the second efforts were non existent, one standout was an Essendon player going to ground near the goal square after a contest and just lying there as his opponent got up and made sure we kicked another goal, he decided to get up after it was kicked.
    We were making 3rd and 4th efforts , Dunkley was unbelievable in that regard.
    Their coach made no moves of any kind, not even flooding the back half.
    They are seriously over rated.
    Can't believe the Worsefold press conference.
    " We will get more games into this young group". Got some pretty senior players there John. And no credit to us at all.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Who else was there last time we beat Essendon by 100 points? At Windy Hill in 1977 (pretty sure that it was '77) and I think the scores were 177-77. I stood between the old grandstands on the roof of a pie stand.
    I was there also. Standing on the wing. Another glorious day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    " We will get more games into this young group". Got some pretty senior players there John. And no credit to us at all.
    Seems a few coaches are a little bit arrogant that way , Buckley earlier in the year. I think it’s going into defence mode as they can’t defend themselves, but don’t disrespect the opposition.
    At least Bevo gives credit to the opposition and doesn’t give them any ammunition in the future.
    Bring back the biff

10. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

bombres were older, and more experienced, than us by a significant margin, in fact last night EFC had an age profile of over 26 which is hardly a bunch of kids sent out to the slaughter.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

12. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bomber Blitz fun to read but some reasonable posters too.

"When they are full strength, they are awesome".
    It's true!

“Listening to Paul Roos point out the obvious.
    What a beautiful way to spend a Saturday night.”

“When I die I want this club to carry my coffin. So they can let me down one last time”
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

14. Likes The Adelaide Connection, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I'm going to critical of anyone from last nights game I'd have to target Sam Lloyd.
    1.3 is old bulldog stuff and this new breed of Dog he should have had 3.1.
    Get with the program Sam.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, most Essendon fans are just normal working class people like us. My Dad for instance. Gosh their ordinary fan has had to endure a lot! But then again I can't imagine they would do any different in the crowd. Well done Dogs.
    Over history Essendon have been a club that have represented by my fraternal masonic brothers. Its a freemasons' club.

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    No mercy.
    It was fantastic to watch us place our boot on their collective neck and squeeze until we felt something pop.

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Their supporters far outdo any others in obnoxiousness. On that awful day they never relented in mocking us for simply standing on the Windy hill terraces. And, memo to those in red and black who disappeared in the third qtr, we stayed to the (very) bitter end.

Though fortunately they are no good lately, look out for them should they become a force again. I like to think their recent dismal efforts are karma for the drug saga where their deluded fans blamed everyone but St James Hird.

Now that I’ve got all that off my chest I’m even more disappointed we allowed them those late goals
    Carlton would have said exactly that in 1999. Just let us get past all this draft pick nonsense and we will be back bigger than ever. After all WE ARE CARLTON!!!!!!!!!! I think it's 1 final they have won since 1995 and it's only over the last year or the year before that they have got past the arrogance phase and realised just how badly they shit the bed and how hard they are going to have to work just to catch up to the rest of the comp. They are miles behind because they have been busy pulling stunts and trying to work around drafting players via swapping draft picks and getting players from GWS rather than catching and killling their own..

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I was at both those games too.
    Me too. What I remember about the Melbourne game was being 80 points in front at 3/4 time and watching the Melbourne supporters stream out of the ground at the Geelong rd end and somebody (one of our supporters) saying Leave them alone. We should know how they feel better than anybody else
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

17. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still quite chuffed with our performance last night. I'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow as there are a couple of Essendon supporters I won't mind bumping into
    A goal in 21 seconds then 21 unanswered goals before they were the benefit of some junk time goals is a fantastic platform to have some discussions.

What really surprised me last night was there supposedly better players keep kicking to the wings and flanks rather than taking the game on. They must have thought they had half a dozen Craig Bradleys on their team last night and decided hugging the boundary line was the way to go
    They should have been direct right from the start of the 3rd quarter.

This does no bode well for Worsfold
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That Hayes goal where we flicked it around the wing was video game stuff.
    I just went back and watched it. That's a suburban league training drill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Still quite chuffed with our performance last night. I'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow as there are a couple of Essendon supporters I won't mind bumping into
    A goal in 21 seconds then 21 unanswered goals before they were the benefit of some junk time goals is a fantastic platform to have some discussions.

What really surprised me last night was there supposedly better players keep kicking to the wings and flanks rather than taking the game on. They must have thought they had half a dozen Craig Bradleys on their team last night and decided hugging the boundary line was the way to go
    They should have been direct right from the start of the 3rd quarter.

This does no bode well for Worsfold
    A wry grin is all you will need to do G.