Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  213
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day v Essendon R21 2019

Thus far, all media commentary on the game has been how deplorable Essendon were, which is true. But, I've not seen a lot of mention of how good we were.

2. Likes N/A, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Listening to SEN and Terry Wallace mentioned in 50 years they have had 11 coaches and only one(Sheedy) has won a final. None in the 12 years before he took over and none in the 12 years he has been gone.
    That club has this false sense of being a club of significance.
    No club has a record that bad I would think.
    Interesting. As a comparison we have had Bevo, Rocket and Wallace (out of Bevo, B-Mac, Rocket, Rhode, Wallace) as finals coaches winning this millenium.

The list only gets better before that with the 3 coaches (Joyce, Wheeler and Malthouse) all coaching winning finals. That means that 6 out of the last 8 coaches we have appointed, going back to 1985, have all won finals-B-Mac and Rhode being the only ones who didn't win a final with us.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Thus far, all media commentary on the game has been how deplorable Essendon were, which is true. But, I've not seen a lot of mention of how good we were.
    Yep. Spot on YHF.

Kinda glad though. This is the kind of situation Beveridge loves. Us against everyone else
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Watching AFL360, did Essendon have an opponent or did they beat themselves by 100+?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

7. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's usually the way with any blow out. Some will acknowledge how good the winning team but the brain dead public are drawn to turmoil and they'll push that. I'd rather them focus on something else anyway, every time we've gained some respect this season we've flushed it down the toilet shortly after.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Watching AFL360, did Essendon have an opponent or did they beat themselves by 100+?
    YHM made the same observation earlier in this thread.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yep. Spot on YHF.

Kinda glad though. This is the kind of situation Beveridge loves. Us against everyone else
    Agree. You can picture Bevo telling the group 'they still haven't heard us, how does that make you feel?' 'We get another opportunity to tell them who we are, what we're about, and to the competition, look out because we're coming for you.'

11. Likes azabob, Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I watched for 5 minutes just to see Slobbo crying.

Not one praise about how good we were, how our midfield dominated, how Naughton took mark after mark, etc etc. Every football show will be the same.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All my 6 yr old son can talk about off the back of witnessing the game was how much Aaron Naughton is his hero, and 'Dad, did you see Naughty high five me' and 'Dad can i get a hair cut like Schache' and my nearly 4 yr old daughter telling her brother 'get your hands off my mini ball Jack Macrae gave it to me NOT you!!'

Neither of them are interested in how shit Essendon were, just how awesome their Doggies were.

Post Thanks / Like

All my 6 yr old son can talk about off the back of witnessing the game was how much Aaron Naughton is his hero, and 'Dad, did you see Naughty high five me' and 'Dad can i get a hair cut like Schache' and my nearly 4 yr old daughter telling her brother 'get your hands off my mini ball Jack Macrae gave it to me NOT you!!'

Neither of them are interested in how shit Essendon were, just how awesome their Doggies were.
    If it were ever in doubt, you now officially have fans for life. Your young’uns will have such treasured memories from that game.

Well done on picking such an excellent game to attend sir!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

That’s how the footballing journey begins...lovely
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs for life. Great job dad!!!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

18. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a Josh Schache hair cut today and I'm 47 @bromance.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    It's usually the way with any blow out. Some will acknowledge how good the winning team but the brain dead public are drawn to turmoil and they'll push that. I'd rather them focus on something else anyway, every time we've gained some respect this season we've flushed it down the toilet shortly after.
    Well...we were good. But in fairness to the commentary surrounding the game, it is one thing to be beaten by a better team but when the opposition kick 21 goals in a row, well, to quote Wally 'you need to have a look in the mirror'.

An 8-goal win against a fighting Essendon would have been a story about us. A 100-point win against an Essendon who appeared to completely give up (and countless clips showing our players simply running away from their opponents could be used to back this up) and the story was always going to be about them...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

21. Likes GVGjr, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m still smiling ... reading all these comments, making sure I watch every AFL show. Just can’t stop smiling. What makes it even better is that it was against the drug cheats and Stringer.

Whilst watching and reading, I’m constantly ear-wormed by the KFC “How’d you like me now ... How’d you like me now”.
    WOOF Member 422

23. Likes Twodogs liked this post