Likes Likes:  213
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day v Essendon R21 2019

Bailey, how I love thee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    That was as good a night at the footy as you could have hoped for. Pure, total football. Glorious.
    I loved every minute Was refreshing to sit and relax at the footy tonight.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

It was great watching Bomber fans leaving in the 3rd quarter. Guys behind me were talking about never giving another cent to the club, heads must role etc etc. what a fun night
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes bulldogtragic, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Bailey, how I love thee.
    Baz cares not for your package.

What a delicious shot.

This kid will drag us to flags, I'm certain of it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who else was there last time we beat Essendon by 100 points? At Windy Hill in 1977 (pretty sure that it was '77) and I think the scores were 177-77. I stood between the old grandstands on the roof of a pie stand.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Who else was there last time we beat Essendon by 100 points? At Windy Hill in 1977 (pretty sure that it was '77) and I think the scores were 177-77. I stood between the old grandstands on the roof of a pie stand.
    No but I was there for our worst ever loss by over 130 points. 81 or 82. The Bombre fans never ever stopped that day, mocking & still screaming for frees. If I remember rightly they also smacked us by over 100 points the same year at our own ground. I loathe that club and tonight was sweet.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

9. Likes Prince Imperial, Ghost Dog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, have to log this one for the club in 'Career Best' threads!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

From absolute weekend wreckers last weekend to birthday makers this weekend.

I watched the replay, we're the only team in the comp that can play like we can. It needs refining but it's better than anyone when it's on.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    No but I was there for our worst ever loss by over 130 points. 81 or 82. The Bombre fans never ever stopped that day, mocking & still screaming for frees. If I remember rightly they also smacked us by over 100 points the same year at our own ground. I loathe that club and tonight was sweet.
    Was that when Timmy Watson torn us a new one? I was at Windy Hill for that and in a sea of red and black and they never let up on me. If I was an aggressive person I would have been dragged off in cuffs by half time.

But I stuck it out till full time as I wasn't going to give them the pleasure of me leaving early although I still copped it on the way out.

I have loathed that club ever since. I never say much at the footy and I gave them no cause to heckle only for the colours I wore.

There're not very gracious in victory and I've not been live to see it in defeat.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    From absolute weekend wreckers last weekend to birthday makers this weekend.

I watched the replay, we're the only team in the comp that can play like we can. It needs refining but it's better than anyone when it's on.
    That Hayes goal where we flicked it around the wing was video game stuff.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

15. Likes Ghost Dog, hujsh, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Marvellous to beat Essendon so completely. Their supporters are mostly ungracious in victory and defeat.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

The fans in front of us will need therapy. One bloke tried to muster some self deprecating banter, humbled by the whole saga. We didn't stop though, big belly laughs at every inept attempt to move the ball, hyperbolic cheering of defensive efforts, "this wouldn't be happening if the AFL just dereigstered you a few years back!" Etc etc

18. Likes Ghost Dog, Twodogs, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That Hayes goal where we flicked it around the wing was video game stuff.
    I had to come back to China unfortunately so could not get to the game. 89% humidity here.
    Got home late, and when I saw that passage I burst out laughing. Ridiculous high-light reel fodder.
    In their faces! Well done young Hayes.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

20. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The fans in front of us will need therapy. One bloke tried to muster some self deprecating banter, humbled by the whole saga. We didn't stop though, big belly laughs at every inept attempt to move the ball, hyperbolic cheering of defensive efforts, "this wouldn't be happening if the AFL just dereigstered you a few years back!" Etc etc
    Well, most Essendon fans are just normal working class people like us. My Dad for instance. Gosh their ordinary fan has had to endure a lot! But then again I can't imagine they would do any different in the crowd. Well done Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

No mercy.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

23. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post