Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  213
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day v Essendon R21 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    A wry grin is all you will need to do G.
    With one of them that's all that will be needed.

I normally get to work early and put an old scarf on their chairs and when they pull the chair out they know who's responsible
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    From absolute weekend wreckers last weekend to birthday makers this weekend.

I watched the replay, we're the only team in the comp that can play like we can. It needs refining but it's better than anyone when it's on.
    Bevo is a genius, his game plan is different.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Still quite chuffed with our performance last night. I'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow as there are a couple of Essendon supporters I won't mind bumping into
    A goal in 21 seconds then 21 unanswered goals before they were the benefit of some junk time goals is a fantastic platform to have some discussions.

What really surprised me last night was there supposedly better players keep kicking to the wings and flanks rather than taking the game on. They must have thought they had half a dozen Craig Bradleys on their team last night and decided hugging the boundary line was the way to go
    They should have been direct right from the start of the 3rd quarter.

This does no bode well for Worsfold

Now now mate. Make sure that you show some class and be nice to the Essendon supporters.

Actually, no, cancel that. Get stuck into the *!*!*!*!ers and take no guff from them at all!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I also thought he went. Now I’m not actually sure he went for the training part.

Bontempelli was talking about it a week or so back and only referenced Dunkley.
    Hayden was there as well. There are photos of the three of them
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Now now mate. Make sure that you show some class and be nice to the Essendon supporters.

Actually, no, cancel that. Get stuck into the *!*!*!*!ers and take no guff from them at all!
    Based on the last few years they'll actually avoid me like the plague. It's been a while since we've lost to the Bombers. Shame we haven't played them twice in a season for a while

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the last few years they'll actually avoid me like the plague. It's been a while since we've lost to the Bombers. Shame we haven't played them twice in a season for a while
    I suggest you burst into work Gary singing "Oh what a beautiful morning oh what a beautiful day". That will catch their eye.

Post Thanks / Like

Fake sympathy always works well in my view. “Must have been hard”, “you guys did have a lot of injuries”, “just one of those nights”..etc, all the while with an inner smugness and the occasional: “I must say I was surprised that Worsfold didn’t try more moves” or: “I didn’t know Stringer was carrying an injury. What, you mean he isn’t...?”
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

9. Likes bulldogtragic, Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hayden was there as well. There are photos of the three of them
    At sporting events or on the track? Neither here nor there really.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I saw photo's of the 3 of them working out.

12. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the boxing gym
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That Hayes goal where we flicked it around the wing was video game stuff.
    Perfect analogy. That's exactly what it was like. Playing AFL Live 2005 and everything just happening all too easily

Post Thanks / Like

It would seem from the presser last night and some comments from Josh Dunkley on the Sunday Footy Show that the players were filthy for allowing those last three goals.

There's a killer mentality in the group.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I just went back and watched it. That's a suburban league training drill.
    I actually think the Lloyd miss was more reminiscent of lane work, and a bigger indictment on the effort put in from the Bombers. A mate from my old footy team texted me and said that if we made 5 errors in a row and then stuffed up the goal kick at the end during a drill the coach would've stopped training to give us a spray.

At least the ball (almost) didn't hit the ground during the Hayes goal. I had to take a brief break from the game because I was so taken aback by how slick it was.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Fake sympathy always works well in my view. “Must have been hard”, “you guys did have a lot of injuries”, “just one of those nights”..etc, all the while with an inner smugness and the occasional: “I must say I was surprised that Worsfold didn’t try more moves” or: “I didn’t know Stringer was carrying an injury. What, you mean he isn’t...?”
    Oh that is perfect.

I was going to go with the "burst in singing" strategy but I really like this one
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching the replay. What makes Dwayne bearable is after every goal he says how many in a row it is. He's shocked at 9 in a row. 12 more to go Dwayne! A fun thing to pay attention to if you're watching.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

19. Likes azabob, Ghost Dog, SonofScray liked this post