Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Young Sun facing four-year ban for positive cocaine test

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-...e-cocaine-test

GOLD Coast's Brayden Crossley is on provisional suspension after testing positive to a banned substance.

It is believed the substance detected in a late May test, after a NEAFL match, by ASADA is a cocaine metabolite.

Crossley, who turns 20 next week, has not played senior football this year, after managing 10 matches in his 2018 debut AFL season.
    Not bright, if the test is correct.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Young Sun facing four-year ban for positive cocaine test

Wouldn't be the first to do coke before a lower level match but yeah, not the brightest.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't this that wanker the commentators were banging on about all game when we played them last year?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Isn't this that wanker the commentators were banging on about all game when we played them last year?
    The moustache guy. Think so.

Sounds like he needs to shave that mo and get they hair cut way up high for real world job interviews, 4 years is career over.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    It was mainly Dermie who went on and on.

Post Thanks / Like

His father has defended him to the hilt.
    I’m afraid that sometimes these PEDs are in innocent foods or drinks and a player can get stung doing something completely innocent.
    I know players are apparently schooled about it all but can common sense come into it ?
    I have no idea if he is guilty or innocent but it’s a thought that enters my head when you see it all the time.
    The other thing that I wonder is why everytime a sportsman is caught they always play the innocent card, eg even the female swimmer.
    Is it a case of it’s so small it could be in food or drinks or is there a certain level that cuts out that possibility ?
    Think I read once a person had a steak at a restaurant and got tested and was found to have some sort of drug in the system due to the steak having hormones in it.
    I just wonder sometimes are innocent athletes getting done for what’s in everyday food or drink nowadays ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Ledge, the steak incident is the defence Keefe and Thomas from
    Collingwood tried to use.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

8. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Don’t dismiss this, it’s very serious. I myself have a $1,000 a day steak habit.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, Twodogs, Daughter of the West liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Don’t dismiss this, it’s very serious. I myself have a $1,000 a day steak habit.
    Where do you partake. Must be a bloody good steak
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I’m afraid that sometimes these PEDs are in innocent foods or drinks and a player can get stung doing something completely innocent.
    I know players are apparently schooled about it all but can common sense come into it ?
    I have no idea if he is guilty or innocent but it’s a thought that enters my head when you see it all the time.
    The other thing that I wonder is why everytime a sportsman is caught they always play the innocent card, eg even the female swimmer.
    Is it a case of it’s so small it could be in food or drinks or is there a certain level that cuts out that possibility ?
    Think I read once a person had a steak at a restaurant and got tested and was found to have some sort of drug in the system due to the steak having hormones in it.
    I just wonder sometimes are innocent athletes getting done for what’s in everyday food or drink nowadays ?
    It's not a PED, it's cocaine.
    Likely had a line or two during the week and it was still in his system. A lot of players tend to avoid booze because of the media storm if you're caught drinking, plus skinfolds, etc.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Pioneered by Alberto Contador.

The ROI on drug testing is so minuscule that you have to be incredibly brazen to get caught. Especially since (as I’m sure our 2016 squad can attest to) there’s a number of party drugs you can take that avoid the PED banned list.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Clenbuterol I think it's called. From memory it is a masking agent that cover the presence of other illegal or performance enhancing drugs. You will test positive to the masking agent but not the drugs.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite