Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  52
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 21 v Essendon 2019

I really think saying we're a better side without Daniel because we beat the Dons by 100 points is putting 2 and 2 together to get 5. He's been fantastic this year.

I will however acknowledge that we've looked a far better side with Duryea on the field.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I really think saying we're a better side without Daniel because we beat the Dons by 100 points is putting 2 and 2 together to get 5. He's been fantastic this year.

I will however acknowledge that we've looked a far better side with Duryea on the field.
    I haven't seen anyone say we are better without him in the side only that we seem to function better with him not in the back line. He certainly plays in any side we put out on the park.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting call on Daniel. I agree that he should be further up the ground. There is no doubt he has been good in the backline. He gets us out of trouble so much but he is known for a couple of howlers a game. I don't like him taking the kick ins because he doesn't get enough distance on his kick. I can't understand why Suckling isn't the designated kicker. He puts it in the centre of the ground!

IMO Daniel would be better used on a wing. He has a super tank so he'll be up and down the ground much like Hunter. The small forwards would love his ability to find the non obvious target.
    Last edited by ratsmac; 11-08-2019 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Auto correct strikes again
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

5. Likes Bulldog4life, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

For a side that relies on fast ball movement Caleb's indecisiveness with ball in hand halts our momentum more than we would like.

7. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Interesting call on Daniel. I agree that he should be further up the ground. There is no doubt he has been good in the backline. He gets us out of trouble so much but he is known for a couple of howlers a game. I don't like him taking the kick one because he doesn't get enough distance on his kick. I can't understand why Suckling isn't the designated kicker. He puts it in the centre of the ground!

IMO Daniel would be better used on a wing. He has a super tank so he'll be up and down the ground much like Hunter. The small forwards would love his ability to find the non obvious target.
    I agree he seems to be able to hit up targets and that would improve our forward line no end.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    For a side that relies on fast ball movement Caleb's indecisiveness with ball in hand halts our momentum more than we would like.
    Is it indecisiveness or he is looking for the best option?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Whatever it is it allows the opposition to push back which makes it harder for the next kicker to find an option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Whatever it is it allows the opposition to push back which makes it harder for the next kicker to find an option.
    But if we move him up the ground a little and he hits forwards on the chest instead of wingers it doesn’t matter as they are close enough to have a shot.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is not a penetrating kick so he stops and looks for a safe option. I love him but I’m not a real fan of him in the backline especially when we kick backwards to use him.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

13. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good discussion re Daniel agree about the ball movement(should not be aloud to kick out also) but he is also poor one on one defending even against a small. There is also an issue when it's his turn to come across and help, he was ok at it the start of the year but has been poor for awhile now. We are already undersized in defence and need players like Crozier, Duryea, Wood,Suckling to come across and help out.

You really notice the difference when Duryea is playing a similar role, has really surprised me he is much better in the air and can come across and cover more effectively. Generally uses it well too.

Caleb could play the Hayes role from the weekend effectively.

15. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Looks like another flag this year Woofers.

2. Hayes played well so eating my words. Hopefully he can maintain the rage.

3. Schache has turned into a tough bastard. It's a thing of beauty he's gone from flaky soap to a real contested key forward. Man crush.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

re : Good discussion re Daniel agree about the ball movement(should not be aloud to kick out also) if I compare Caleb's dinky kicks out to those of Shannon Hurn and Lewis Jetta for example, there is light years difference. With the new rules the kick out can and should be a weapon and we are missing out.

Post Thanks / Like

1. AFL - Western Bulldogs 21.11.137 def Essendon 4.9.33

2. VFL - Footscray Bulldogs 20.9.129 def Essendon 5.5.35

3. VFLW - Western Bulldogs 6.11.47 def Essendon 0.3.3

Doesn't get much better than that
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

19. Likes Twodogs, bornadog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    1. AFL - Western Bulldogs 21.11.137 def Essendon 4.9.33

2. VFL - Footscray Bulldogs 20.9.129 def Essendon 5.5.35

3. VFLW - Western Bulldogs 6.11.47 def Essendon 0.3.3

Doesn't get much better than that
    Nope it sure doesn't. The only thing that would beat this if all these games were Grand Finals.

21. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. It’s really hard to judge where we’re at playing a team as dreadful as essendon on Saturday
    2. Our midfield is a taggers nightmare - without dunks hitting elite numbers weekly the combo of Macrae, bont and dunkley must be terrifying
    3. loved bailey smiths tackle on Stringer in the second quarter - so strong