Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  52
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you have learned-round 21 v Essendon 2019

Go for it.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 21 v Essendon 2019

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. We just told Tippa, Hill, Keith, Tomlinson, Martin etc. that coming to play for us, on good money, is a smart life decision.
    2. The percentage could be the difference between Essendon or us making finals. Double the pain for them hopefully.
    3. I love the Naughton/Schache combo. 4+ pretty much every week, and goal assists, score involvements and bringing others into the game.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Our forward line set up with Naughton, Schache, Lloyd, Dale, Dickson and Mclean is really working well. Rotate Bont, English and a few others in there and we have a very difficult structure to defend against.
    2. Our midfield is a beast of a line up and will continue to develop and get stronger over the next 12 to 24 months. What a line up - Bont, Dunks, Smith, Macrae, Lipinski - all < 25
    3. The Bombers are cooked. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The footy Gods more than made up for my son's first game last year, where we lost in the last minute to North. This year we got the last 3 cheersquad guest passes left, then me and my son got to get a photo with Scott West who was sitting a couple of rows ahead of us, and then Jackson Macrae gave a signed ball to my almost 4 yr old daughter making her night... oh and we smashed the Bombers!!!

2. Dunkley has to be in serious consideration for All Australian.
    3. Our defenders just crushed the Bombers for almost 4 Qtrs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    1. The footy Gods more than made up for my son's first game last year, where we lost in the last minute to North. This year we got the last 3 cheersquad guest passes left, then me and my son got to get a photo with Scott West who was sitting a couple of rows ahead of us, and then Jackson Macrae gave a signed ball to my almost 4 yr old daughter making her night... oh and we smashed the Bombers!!!

Hooray for you YHF, what a night to be here, you may have to come more often
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

8. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you enjoy your leave pass tonight.

1. Our destiny is back in our hands. Win the next two and we're all but in the 8.
    2. Commentators struggle to call blowouts. The ABC call got a bit silly towards the end. Understandable though.
    3. Nothing beats putting a team you despise to the sword .

10. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The Dogs seem to play well when I'm not there.
    2. Cordy could still offer something
    3. Talk of Matt Suckling being cooked was completely overblown. He was great tonight.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

12. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McLean was back to his best.
    Our forum prematurely "cooks" players after 1 or 2 average or poor games, pleased that Dale and Dickson disproved that today.
    Will Hayes played very well and more than justified his selection, congrats to him and the MC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

1. Our destiny is back in our hands. Win the next two and we're all but in the 8.
    Unfortunately not if Port and Essendon win their last 2 as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Will Hayes played very well and more than justified his selection, congrats to him and the MC.
    This. Good on Hayes.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Unfortunately not if Port and Essendon win their last 2 as well.
    Unfortunately for Essendon, they are playing Fremantle in Perth and Collingwood, not North Sunshine and Laverton.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

That is brilliant.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great YHF. What a great Bulldog game in history now winning over 100 points.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

1 Josh Schache is coming along nicely, a slow burn but is turning from a timid type into a strong competitor, has been on the end of some big hits this year but dusting himself off and going again.
    2 That was Bulldogs footy, best spread from stoppage seen for ages, rapid fire ball use and overlap run capped off with unbelievable defensive mindset from all 22. Essendon"s reputation as frontrunners on display again. Speaking of frontrunners Junk time Jake nowhere to be seen again when the going gets tough. less like "The Package" and more like "The Baggage". Heard someone call him Australia Post last night as he rarely delivers.
    3. Was privileged to watch Rhylee West run around in the VFL yesterday. Far too good and shouldn't play too many more at that level but will struggle to fit him in at AFL level next week. The boy has outstanding footy IQ as expected, has excellent body strength for his size which allows him to tackle strongly and often but also makes him almost impossible to tackle when he has the footy which means no panicked disposal and has excellent ability to hit the scoreboard either as a mid or when forward.
    And a bonus number 4. We all know it but Bailey Smith will be a star and should be in the discussion for the rising star award but unfortunately plays for the wrong team in order to win it. Has speed and confidence and looks at home at this level already and loved the moment he got in Stringers face almost saying to him you are the past and I am the future.