Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  14
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do we beat the Plastics this week.

One thing GWS pride themselves on is contested poss, which was missing last week, so expect them to come out firing.

They will need to stop Dunkley, Bont, Macrae for starters, so will be an interesting midfield battle.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

They'll struggle to match us in the middle if we're on. The question is which Bulldogs side is going to show up?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    This! 100%. don’t change our game plan but come out hard and aggressive. Get stuck into them early, cop a couple of fines, make them earn every.....single.....touch.

Take a leaf out of Mirch Robinson’s book and line up players like Greene when he get a high looping handball.

If we let them out muscle us first quarter “i’ll Spew up”
    Shop early boys, shop early.

The psychology of a team coming off a flogging versus a team that just dispensed one will be fascinating.

Big test of our maturity this one. We're good enough ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

4. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    They'll struggle to match us in the middle if we're on. The question is which Bulldogs side is going to show up?
    What do you refer to with the ‘which Bulldogs team’?

In my mind it’s the team that uses the ball well going forward against the team that doesn’t.. is this what you meant?

Post Thanks / Like

The slick, precise ball movement dogs who defend as a team vs the hard working for little reward, static F50 entry and too high defence team. We've seen both over the past 8 weeks.

The first refers to the Richmond and Essendon games where high skill sets were on show with strong ball winning ability, gut running spreads, solid one on one defending and an open forward line with options.

The second refers to a lack of pressure from the outset, a high defence that gets scored on heavily from turnovers and high possession, high i50 counts and contested numbers but deplorable i50 efficiency and goal kicking accuracy. The Carlton and St Kilda games.

There seems to be one or the other.

Would like numero uno please.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

7. Likes bornadog, SonofScray liked this post