Thanks Thanks:  304
Likes Likes:  1,081
Page 32 of 119 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    McNeil is a better player than Scott fight me.
    Is this even up for discussion? I’ve yet to see anyone obviously stan Scott in here and there’s been good posters advocate for Ed Barow before.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

You in Qld??? If so Algester State School cricket nets!!
    I'll concede McNeil is a better long term prospect, but Scott has him covered right now.

3. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    You in Qld??? If so Algester State School cricket nets!!
    I'll concede McNeil is a better long term prospect, but Scott has him covered right now.
    I am not allowed outside 25km of home unfortunately or it would be on like Donky Kong.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not allowed outside 25km of home unfortunately or it would be on like Donky Kong.
    Sorry I didn’t realise you were a coward
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Last edited by EasternWest; 14-06-2021 at 11:43 AM.
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I know I know I should really be doing more to make a border hop a reality but it’s just going to have be virtual chin music off a long run at this stage.

Post Thanks / Like

McNeil deal delivered

Rookie revelation Lachie McNeil has signed a two-year contract extension with the Western Bulldogs.

The 19-year-old made his AFL debut in round one and has played 11 of a possible 12 games in his first season at the level.

McNeil is now locked in at the Kennel until the end of 2023.

“I’m super excited. I’ve loved my time so far at the Doggies and to get another two years is pretty amazing,” McNeil said.

“After I got drafted, to make my debut was the dream. To have done that and then be able to put together a few games at AFL level has been great.

“I’ve been trying to learn from my experiences each week. I’ve seen plenty of development in my own game already and I’m getting an understanding of playing different roles and fitting in as best I can.

“It’s been great to have played in a few wins already. I’m really enjoying being part of this group and the culture here and am looking forward to the next couple of years.”

McNeil joined the Bulldogs with pick 11 in the 2020 NAB AFL Rookie Draft from Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL.

“Lachie’s been able to have a real impact for us in his first season after being drafted as a rookie,” General Manager of List Management and Football Projects, Sam Power, said.

“He’s quickly earned the respect of his teammates and coaches with the way he goes about his business. He works hard and has shown plenty of promise on the field at AFL level, particularly with his speed and footy smarts.

“Lachie has played predominantly as a forward this season, but he has shown he has the versatility to play multiple roles.

“We’re looking forward to him continuing his development as a Bulldog.”

10. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, DOG GOD, The Doctor, macca, Smads57, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m assuming that two year extension is as a rookie next year, at least. That’s a handy kid to have occupy a rookie spot, while good depth is coming from Roarke. With Sweet & Khamis are elevated after three seasons. I dare say this contract news means Cavarra’s papers are absolutely stamped, probably with Hayes. Giving us a few rookie draft picks potentially would be really nice considering looking at our history in the rookie draft.

Good for McNeil. This time last year he was hoping to grab attention. Now he’s signed on to three years at a Premiership contender. Well done son.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously doing everything asked of him, including things that are hard to see from the stands/watching on TV. Good on him, plenty of development to come.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Obviously doing everything asked of him, including things that are hard to see from the stands/watching on TV. Good on him, plenty of development to come.
    I was comparing him earlier this week on footywire, against other small forwards who may or may not be traded at years end. He’s on output alone (not running, pressure, team things etc.) he’s just behind Jamaine Jones, he’s in front of Bobby Hill and a fair way ahead of Jack Lonie. These guys have had 3-7 years in the system to develop and played in teams who are/were meant to be in good sides this year too. That’s a very handy return this year from a rookie pick. Hopefully he’s got some more gears to go.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes DOG GOD, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I was comparing him earlier this week on footywire, against other small forwards who may or may not be traded at years end. He’s on output alone (not running, pressure, team things etc.) he’s just behind Jamaine Jones, he’s in front of Bobby Hill and a fair way ahead of Jack Lonie. These guys have had 3-7 years in the system to develop and played in teams who are/were meant to be in good sides this year too. That’s a very handy return this year from a rookie pick. Hopefully he’s got some more gears to go.
    Still only 19 years old
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The recruiting team should be congratulated. He will prove to be a solid addition to our club.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I like mcNeil intensity. You can see it in his eyes when he is on the boundary line. Very focus footballer, and shows his prepared to get the maximum out of his efforts. I can really see him develop into a key midfielder as his AFL experience grows.

Fantastic pickup.
    Last edited by macca; 19-06-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Super awareness, has intercepted a number of times by premeditating his opponents actions. Is zippy and knows where the goals are. A super pick up and signing.

Super.