Thanks Thanks:  304
Likes Likes:  1,081
Page 29 of 119 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

We all knew it anyway, but officially Marcus is the best player in the AFL.

https://twitter.com/AFLPlayerRating/...50202775711744

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    We all knew it anyway, but officially Marcus is the best player in the AFL.

https://twitter.com/AFLPlayerRating/...50202775711744
    May Dusty never re-take the throne.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounding more official by the minute.

Post Thanks / Like

Quite possible we planned to announce it today but can't really do that anymore with everyone having to isolate.

Post Thanks / Like

Bontempelli signs four-year deal

Skipper Marcus Bontempelli has re-signed with the Western Bulldogs for four more years.

The new deal will see the superstar midfielder continue to call VU Whitten Oval home until at least the end of 2025.

Bontempelli, 25, is already a three-time Charles Sutton Medallist and three-time All Australian.

He is enjoying an outstanding 2021 season to date, averaging 26.6 disposals and 1.5 goals per game for the ladder-leading Bulldogs.

“Ultimately, I see this club doing some really good things over the next four years – and hopefully longer,” Bontempelli said.

“I’m keen to be as much a part of that as I can be.”

“I always wanted to stay a Bulldog. It was important for me to take the appropriate time with this decision and to have the right conversations before re-signing. It’s pleasing to know I’ll continue to be part of the journey at this football club.”

Bontempelli has played 155 AFL games for the Bulldogs – including the 2016 premiership triumph – since being recruited with pick four in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft.

He has taken on the captaincy over the past two seasons and is excited about the direction the club and playing group is heading in.

“It is an exciting time. The thing that makes great teams great is their willingness to play for the team, play their role, do the challenging and difficult things – and then hopefully we all succeed together,” Bontempelli said.

“There’s talent within the group which is I think somewhat clear.

“But the appetite to make the most of it and not rely on it has been a key focus for us. It’s probably seen us make a bit of a shift and a jump this year from last season.

“There’s definitely an excitement and hopefully a little bit of magic in the air for us to continue to explore.”

General Manager of List Management and Football Projects, Sam Power, said the Bulldogs were rapt to have Bontempelli pledge his future to the football club.

“We’re thrilled to have Marcus commit to four more years with the Western Bulldogs,” Power said.

“It’s a great reflection of the confidence he has in the playing group and the direction we’re heading in as a club.

“Marcus has been a very good player for a long period of time and has now established himself among the competition’s elite.

“His form this season and ability to impact matches has been exceptional, which is a testament to his constant drive to improve and the growth in his game.

“In his two years as captain, Marcus has had a significant influence. His leadership has been instrumental in the development of the team - which is high on confidence, growing in maturity and starting to play some extremely consistent football.

"Marcus has already achieved so much across his eight years as a Bulldog. This long-term commitment ensures he will continue to be an integral part of our club's push for success on and off the field in the years to come."

7. Thanks bornadog, Eastdog, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Bontempelli signs four-year deal

Skipper Marcus Bontempelli has re-signed with the Western Bulldogs for four more years.

The new deal will see the superstar midfielder continue to call VU Whitten Oval home until at least the end of 2025.

Bontempelli, 25, is already a three-time Charles Sutton Medallist and three-time All Australian.

He is enjoying an outstanding 2021 season to date, averaging 26.6 disposals and 1.5 goals per game for the ladder-leading Bulldogs.

“Ultimately, I see this club doing some really good things over the next four years – and hopefully longer,” Bontempelli said.

“I’m keen to be as much a part of that as I can be.”

“I always wanted to stay a Bulldog. It was important for me to take the appropriate time with this decision and to have the right conversations before re-signing. It’s pleasing to know I’ll continue to be part of the journey at this football club.”

Bontempelli has played 155 AFL games for the Bulldogs – including the 2016 premiership triumph – since being recruited with pick four in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft.

He has taken on the captaincy over the past two seasons and is excited about the direction the club and playing group is heading in.

“It is an exciting time. The thing that makes great teams great is their willingness to play for the team, play their role, do the challenging and difficult things – and then hopefully we all succeed together,” Bontempelli said.

“There’s talent within the group which is I think somewhat clear.

“But the appetite to make the most of it and not rely on it has been a key focus for us. It’s probably seen us make a bit of a shift and a jump this year from last season.

“There’s definitely an excitement and hopefully a little bit of magic in the air for us to continue to explore.”

General Manager of List Management and Football Projects, Sam Power, said the Bulldogs were rapt to have Bontempelli pledge his future to the football club.

“We’re thrilled to have Marcus commit to four more years with the Western Bulldogs,” Power said.

“It’s a great reflection of the confidence he has in the playing group and the direction we’re heading in as a club.

“Marcus has been a very good player for a long period of time and has now established himself among the competition’s elite.

“His form this season and ability to impact matches has been exceptional, which is a testament to his constant drive to improve and the growth in his game.

“In his two years as captain, Marcus has had a significant influence. His leadership has been instrumental in the development of the team - which is high on confidence, growing in maturity and starting to play some extremely consistent football.

"Marcus has already achieved so much across his eight years as a Bulldog. This long-term commitment ensures he will continue to be an integral part of our club's push for success on and off the field in the years to come."
    Thanks Axe. Have you considered stickying this thread?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Thanks Axe. Have you considered stickying this thread?
    Nah, the mods would never go for it.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Nah, the mods would never go for it.
    Bloody killjoys. How long do we have to live in this gulag?
    "It's over. It's all over."

14. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With the big fish reeled in, let’s get to work. There’s a lot of players to make decisions on, my priorities:

P1: Liberatore
    P2: Weightman
    P3: Richards (North, Brisbane and others are after him. Will be interesting)
    P4: Garcia (AFEL.com.au says we are talking)
    P5: Gardner
    P6: Sweet
    P7: Khamis
    P8: Duryea
    P9: Butler
    P10: Scott
    P11: Cordy
    McNeil (Rookie, extension)
    Smith (Rookie, extension)

Wait:

Lipinski (trade?)
    Wallis (Free Agent rights)
    Young (do they MC really want him? Is it better for both to wait and see?)
    Martin (has an auto game trigger for 2022, so we will see)

Wait even longer:

Hayes
    Cavarra
    Jong
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Thanks Eastdog, KT31, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McNeil should be a higher priority BT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    McNeil should be a higher priority BT.
    I’d hope he’d just trigger a second rookie year. He’s a higher priority, but hopefully an easier path to yes (La Young might be thinking twice about his decision). I’d promote Sweet & Khamis and ideally him next year if his form continues.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That's one down! Now if Kane stays with Spurs I will very happy

20. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jon Ralph reporting on Foxsports

Libba close to signing a 2 year deal with possible trigger for a 3rd. Money not a problem. Could be done next week.

Dunkley set to stay for 2022 and beyond.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...cb4c29103729a1
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

22. Thanks GVGjr, bornadog, HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Jon Ralph reporting on Foxsports

Libba close to signing a 2 year deal with possible trigger for a 3rd. Money not a problem. Could be done next week.

Dunkley set to stay for 2022 and beyond.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...cb4c29103729a1
    Thanks for the link Doc, just the good news stories we needed.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

24. Likes DOG GOD liked this post