Thanks Thanks:  350
Likes Likes:  1,212
Page 128 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2878118119120121122123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 1928
  1. #1906
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Warragul
    Posts
    9,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    So the media were writing rubbish again about him going to WA.
    Glad he stayed and obviously a plan is there for when Gardiner or Keath leave, which I imagine one will be gone next year and he will fit straight in.
    Gardner is contracted until the end of 2026, but you would have to be able to find the contract thread to know that which we certainly aren't in right now as I am reliably informed that it doesn't exist.

  2. Likes The Underdog liked this post
  3. #1907
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    16,673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Jedd Busslinger has recommitted to the Western Bulldogs for another two seasons.

    The West Australian has turned his back on interest from West Coast to sign a new deal that locks him at the Whitten Oval until the end of 2026.

    Reported on the AFL website.
    That's great. We really can't afford to lose young developing KPDs.

  4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
  5. #1908
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    9,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Given how we have so horribly mistreated him by not gifting him a senior game I thought he had already packed his bags.
    True dat.

    Also I'm glad someone found a way to post this information given there is no dedicated location for contract news.

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The b sharps.

    Keep an eye on your locals rooftop.


    Butters on board.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  6. #1909
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    True dat.

    Also I'm glad someone found a way to post this information given there is no dedicated location for contract news.





    Butters on board.
    How I adore.

  7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
  8. #1910
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Both parties must really be absolutely on the same page with respect to his development and future, given he's not played a game yet.
    I think this is a good sign that the connection and communication between players and coaching group is really in a good place.
    It was always going to be a slow burn with Buss and still apparently a bit to go. He had never defended before yet played in defence so had to be taught. Part of his tuition was to sacrifice his intercepting to play on an opponent. Now it is hoped that he can do both long term.

  9. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, josie, WBFC4FFC liked this post
  10. #1911
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    I am significantly less angsty about Busslinger not debuting yet if we have him locked away for a few years yet.

  11. Likes EasternWest, Bumper Bulldogs liked this post
  12. #1912
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    9,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I am significantly less angsty about Busslinger not debuting yet if we have him locked away for a few years yet.
    Good take, I agree.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  13. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
  14. #1913
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    16,673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Busslinger extension official.

    Busslinger in red, white and blue until 2026



    The young defender has signed a two-year contract extension with the Club.



    Young defender Jedd Busslinger has signed a two-year contract extension, keeping him in red, white and blue until at least the end of 2026.
    The Western Australian was selected at Pick 13 in the 2022 National Draft and has played an important role in Footscray’s defensive half this season.
    Over the past month, Busslinger has averaged 24 touches and nine marks per game, kicking his first goal in Bulldogs’ colours last weekend.
    “The Bulldogs has been a great place to me ever since I walked in the door and I couldn’t be happier to be staying around,” Busslinger said.
    “I’m absolutely loving my time here with all the boys and all the coaching staff.
    “While I haven’t played a game of AFL yet, I am really confident in myself moving forward.
    “I want to be absolutely ready when the opportunity comes and to hold my own at AFL level.”
    Western Bulldogs’ General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power was pleased to secure the signature of Busslinger.
    “We’re really pleased that Jedd is remaining at Mission Whitten Oval,” Power said.
    “Jedd’s shown strong growth over the past 12 months, demonstrating his ability to intercept the ball and distribute well across the back half.
    “Jedd has developed a willingness to work extremely hard on his game, particularly his defensive craft alongside our senior players and coaches.
    “From the moment he walked in the door, Jedd has been willing to take feedback onboard in order to improve and is driven to become a consistent AFL footballer.
    “As a Club, we’re excited to see Jedd continue to develop as a key defender into the future.”












    02:13
    Just now
    Jedd Busslinger | 'Confident that'll be soon'

    Jedd Busslinger discusses his two year contract extension, and his AFL journey so far.

  15. Likes mighty_west liked this post
  16. #1914
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    40,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Perhaps a contract signing and a debut all in the same week. This might quiet some of the naysayers who had him heading back to WA
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  17. Likes Grantysghost, Smads57, azabob liked this post
  18. #1915
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    3,561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Jedd Busslinger has recommitted to the Western Bulldogs for another two seasons.

    The West Australian has turned his back on interest from West Coast to sign a new deal that locks him at the Whitten Oval until the end of 2026.

    Reported on the AFL website.
    It was more than just interest. Both Eagles and Dockers were big into him. From my understanding, both clubs had offers on the table for him.
    WOOF Member 422

  19. Thanks bornadog, Uninformed thanked for this post
  20. #1916
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    62,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    It was more than just interest. Both Eagles and Dockers were big into him. From my understanding, both clubs had offers on the table for him.
    Good on him for sticking with the club that put the time into him.
    FFC: Established 1883

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  21. Likes Scraggers, WBFC4FFC liked this post
  22. #1917
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    40,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Seems that we are closing in on a deal for Adam Treloar. Possibly one of the more professional players I've seen arrive at our club from another. I really like the way he works with the younger players as well
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  23. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
  24. #1918
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,859
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Seems that we are closing in on a deal for Adam Treloar. Possibly one of the more professional players I've seen arrive at our club from another. I really like the way he works with the younger players as well
    Treloar seems just an all round awesome human.

    Since day one I have been wrapped to have him wearing the red white and blue.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

  25. Likes josie, GVGjr, Go_Dogs liked this post
  26. #1919
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,859
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    EXTENSION LOOMS FOR STAR DOG
    ADAM Treloar still has a season to run on a five-year deal since joining the Western Bulldogs, but the club will move to reward the in-form star with an extension in the coming months.

    Treloar has played 74 games since being traded from Collingwood at the end of 2020, amid a messy exit from the Magpies, and has produced a career-best season to date in 2024, putting him in All-Australian contention and positioned as Marcus Bontempelli's biggest challenger in the Charles Sutton Medal.

    The Bulldogs have held an early discussion on a one-year extension for 2026 and will look to finalise that over the off-season ahead of round one.
    This time last year, Treloar was regularly linked to a move to a Queensland club to join his partner and daughter in Brisbane, before his manager, Tim Hazell from Vivid Sport, emphatically denied those links on Gettable.

    Now his partner, netball star Kim Ravaillion, is moving back to Melbourne after informing the Queensland Firebirds last month that she was retiring. That decision was formally announced on Tuesday, following a decorated career in Super Netball and for the Diamonds.

    Treloar was included in the All-Australian squad three times across his five seasons at the Magpies, but never made the final team. This year the 31-year-old has reached new heights.

    No one has touched the ball more in 2024 than Treloar, who is averaging 31.9 disposals after round 17 to be ranked equal 16th with Jordan Dawson and Luke Davies-Uniacke in the AFL Coaches Association Player of the Year award on 48 votes and, having been linked to a move with a fourth club, he is now destined to sign a second contract at the Whitten Oval. ? Josh Gabelich

    https://www.afl.com.au/news/1168815/...est-case-looms
    More of an In Bruges guy?

  27. Thanks bulldogtragic, angelopetraglia, GVGjr, josie thanked for this post
  28. #1920
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    33,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Player Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    EXTENSION LOOMS FOR STAR DOG
    ADAM Treloar still has a season to run on a five-year deal since joining the Western Bulldogs, but the club will move to reward the in-form star with an extension in the coming months.

    Treloar has played 74 games since being traded from Collingwood at the end of 2020, amid a messy exit from the Magpies, and has produced a career-best season to date in 2024, putting him in All-Australian contention and positioned as Marcus Bontempelli's biggest challenger in the Charles Sutton Medal.

    The Bulldogs have held an early discussion on a one-year extension for 2026 and will look to finalise that over the off-season ahead of round one.
    This time last year, Treloar was regularly linked to a move to a Queensland club to join his partner and daughter in Brisbane, before his manager, Tim Hazell from Vivid Sport, emphatically denied those links on Gettable.

    Now his partner, netball star Kim Ravaillion, is moving back to Melbourne after informing the Queensland Firebirds last month that she was retiring. That decision was formally announced on Tuesday, following a decorated career in Super Netball and for the Diamonds.

    Treloar was included in the All-Australian squad three times across his five seasons at the Magpies, but never made the final team. This year the 31-year-old has reached new heights.

    No one has touched the ball more in 2024 than Treloar, who is averaging 31.9 disposals after round 17 to be ranked equal 16th with Jordan Dawson and Luke Davies-Uniacke in the AFL Coaches Association Player of the Year award on 48 votes and, having been linked to a move with a fourth club, he is now destined to sign a second contract at the Whitten Oval. ? Josh Gabelich

    https://www.afl.com.au/news/1168815/...est-case-looms
    Would be great to get him to 100 games. GWS & Collingwood didn’t and thus no access to FS. With Kim coming back to Melbourne they need to put their amazing genes into a few boys.

    For whatever it was, about 130 draft points, this goes down as one of our best trades I reckon.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

  29. Thanks azabob, angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, Go_Dogs, josie, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •