Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
Is anyone else a bit surprised that we didn’t hear of any delistings this week after players had their exit interviews? I would have thought that there would have been at least one ie Webb. Are we holding onto everyone for now as insurance against what might arise as offers to our uncontracted players?
Yes without over analysing things.

So now I over analyse things. The uncontracted number is 4. Williams will stay or be traded. So he's not facing delisting. Roberts & Dickson are free agents so they will be re-signed or exercise their free agency status. Also by not delisting them, in the very, very, very unlikely event there's compensation for the player/s we could get a third rounder at best. But not if they're delisted first.

The obvious ones to me are Webb, and rookies Roarke Smith & Gardner. But if Bevo and Power want to keep them both (by upgrading La Young). So if the club keeps the rookies (I'd cut both), then we are back at delisting only Webb now. If a player or two said they are open to trades (ie Jong, Lynch) maybe there might be a very outside chance Webb could stay? Or maybe Webb has a club offering him a lifeline? Or maybe we are just waiting for a few more to be added to the media release so it doesn't just look like the only bloke fired is Webb?

But I agree with your post. I checked the club's website yesterday just in case 100 of us missed anything.