Thanks Thanks:  304
Likes Likes:  1,081
Page 53 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I have no doubt he'll be signed and done promptly.

What a jet.
    I can't believe he was drafted so long ago.

He is a jet and his footy CV is building nicely.

Hopefully one day commentators won't be lazy and will talk about his on-field achievements first rather than the bleeding obvious with his height and helmet.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes EasternWest, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Hopefully one day commentators won't be lazy and will talk about his on-field achievements first rather than the bleeding obvious with his height and helmet.
    Especially Darcy. Sick of belittling him and calling him the Little Man
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Especially Darcy. Sick of belittling him and calling him the Little Man
    That really annoyed me too. I noted in one of this years’s finals Darcy did not use that term and I wonder if someone advised him to stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    That really annoyed me too. I noted in one of this years' finals Darcy did not use that term and I wonder if someone advised him to stop.
    Haha, I did send a message to 7Sport - wonder if that was why?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

It only seems like he's been at the club a couple of seasons.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Haha, I did send a message to 7Sport - wonder if that was why?
    As if they would read anything that wasn't directly about themselves.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be shattered if we lost Caleb. Pound for pound, just about to most talented player to pull on the Dogs jumper.

An absolute joy to watch.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Axe according to the AFL website Scott is a cat A rookie. I thought he was on the primary list.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/689918/e...er-29-deadline

meaning we have 36 on the primary list + 6 cat A rookies & 2 cat B rookies
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

11. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I would be shattered if we lost Caleb. Pound for pound, just about to most talented player to pull on the Dogs jumper.

An absolute joy to watch.
    Agree he's a critical component of our team and a real humble achiever. Unique player, would be so hard to replace we just have to sign him up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Axe according to the AFL website Scott is a cat A rookie. I thought he was on the primary list.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/689918/e...er-29-deadline

meaning we have 36 on the primary list + 6 cat A rookies & 2 cat B rookies
    I was never 100% sure on Scott's status as it was never made clear. Why I assumed he must have been on the primary list was because if he was a rookie it meant we had 7 category A rookies on the list in 2021 which isn't permitted as far as I understand (maximum is 6).

I guess I will have to believe that link in the absence of evidence to the contrary, thanks Dr.

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs CEO Ameet Bains is confident a handful of the club’s key players will soon sign new contracts.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/11/...igning-period/

A number of Dogs including All-Australian trio Jack Macrae, Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale as well as midfielder Josh Dunkley, young gun Bailey Smith, veteran Jason Johannisen and promising tall Tim English are out of contract in 2022.

Bains insists talks are ongoing with all uncontracted players and is of the belief that the club will manage to hold on to all of the above.

“Certainly a number of those discussions are underway,” he said on SEN’s Dwayne’s World.

“Sam Power, who has done a tremendous job in looking after our list management space over the last few years, is already in proactive discussions with those guys and a couple of others on top of that.

“We do have a bunch of our core players that are out of contract. I think the pleasing thing that Dogs fans and members would love to hear that each of those conversations, has as a starting point, each of the players wanting to stay at the club and commit to the club.

“They’ll each take a different amount of time to get done as you negotiate on the way through, but the fact that everyone wants to remain here is a really positive thing for the club.”
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

West Coast Eagles to circle Tim English as Western Bulldogs talks stall

An unsigned blossoming ruckman will be firmly in West Coast’s sights after his partner signed a WA netball contract and bought a property in Fremantle.

Tim English’s contract talks will drift into the middle of the season as the Western Bulldogs big man seeks to establish himself as one of footy’s dominant young ruckmen.

English’s manager, Andrew McDougall, confirmed to the Herald Sun on Tuesday his client would play out the early stages of the season before considering a new deal for next year and beyond.

“He loves the club and he loves his teammates but he won’t be rushing into an early decision,” McDougall said.

While the 24-year-old Grand Final ruckman is happy at the Western Bulldogs and is keen for premiership success, there are several complicating factors that could see a decision on his deal drift late into season.

West Coast is expected to come hard at the Western Australian English given the Eagles age profile — Nic Naitanui turns 32 in May, Josh Kennedy is in his final year and uncertainty remains about Jack Darling’s future.

English’s partner, Rudi Ellis, has signed a two-year deal with Super Netball team West Coast Fever and has recently bought property in Fremantle.

The Western Bulldogs have made overtures about a new deal but English, who started the 2021 season brilliantly but tailed off after a mid-season concussion, will instead wait until later in the season.

English, who dropped weight last year to be a more mobile ruck-forward, is determined to become the lead Bulldogs ruckman this season.

He missed five games and never quite rediscovered his form in 2021 after a nasty concussion, resulting from friendly fire from housemate Aaron Naughton.

But the 205cm mobile ruckman’s best football is exceptional given his contested marking skills and capacity to win high possession numbers working around the ground.

The Bulldogs have a long list of stars out of contract in 2022 including Jack Macrae, Bailey Dale, Caleb Daniel, Bailey Smith, Josh Dunkley, Jason Johannisen and Toby McLean.

Macrae, Daniel and Smith will join English in wanting a significant contract, with Smith’s barnstorming finals series establishing him as one of footy’s most brilliant and marketable players.

Fremantle has the brilliant Sean Darcy as their long-term ruck prospect and while West Coast has 200cm youngsters Bailey Williams and the versatile Harry Edwards their succession plan is not yet set.

English’s early start to the season was so impressive AFL legend Kevin Bartlett suggested he could become the next Paul Salmon.

But the Dogs lost the midfield ascendancy in the third quarter of the Grand Final as Max Gawn and then Luke Jackson played an exceptional tandem act to lay the platform for their midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

English’s partner, Rudi Ellis, has signed a two-year deal with Super Netball team West Coast Fever and has recently bought property in Fremantle.
    I don't like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I don't like this.
    She was in Queensland for two years

Post Thanks / Like

Why would West Coast target Tim English and not Luke Jackson?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

19. Likes EasternWest liked this post