Thanks Thanks:  304
Likes Likes:  1,081
Page 97 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1778
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Jones remains in red, white and blue

Exciting youngster Arthur Jones will remain in the red, white and blue for at least the next two years, after penning a contract extension this week.

The 19-year-old from Mount Barker, WA was drafted with pick 43 in the 2021 National Draft and is a product of WAFL side Claremont.

Jones broke through for his senior debut against Brisbane in round three and has played every game since so far.

Prior to his debut, Jones bided his time with Footscray in the VFL, playing 16 matches across his first season in red, white and blue.

Bulldogs? General Manager of List Management and Recruiting, Sam Power, said it was pleasing to lock Jones in for another two years.

?Arthur has had a taste of senior football this year and has shown some exciting qualities across the forward line with his pressure and pace,? Power said

?He has an infectious personality and loved team member that brings energy and enthusiasm to the group on and off the field.

?We look forward to Arthur running out in the red, white and blue for years to come.?

Jones has played three games in 2023, averaging six touches and two tackles per game to begin his career.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Grantysghost, hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes The Doctor, MrMahatma, The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FREE AGENT DOG AFTER SECURITY AT KENNEL

Western Bulldogs free agent Bailey Williams is happy to wait until late in the season to assess his future despite his happiness at Whitten Oval.
    When players hit free agency status rivals increase their interest given the ease with which they can poach them.
    The Dogs have already locked away free agents including Tom Liberatore and Ryan Gardner but as a dependable rebounding defender Williams will have interest.
    A longer-term deal given his free agency status rather than a huge contract is likely to keep him at the Dogs.
    Ryan Gardner was able to secure three years given his free agency status so the model is there for a similar deal for Williams.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...dc4b24a606b414

I suspect that Williams is SA bound at the end of the year, Seedsman is done via concussions and Adelaide would be keen on a ready wing replacement.

4. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post

I suspect that Williams is SA bound at the end of the year, Seedsman is done via concussions and Adelaide would be keen on a ready wing replacement.
    Gardner wasn't a free agent was he?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Gardner wasn't a free agent was he?
    Previously delisted so that makes him a free agent every time he comes out of contract.

7. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post

There may be some interest but I'm not sure they would be willing to offer massive overs. If we offer a similar deal he may be happy to stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Axeman, come years end who are you keeping?

My keeps are bolded.

Clearly we can't delist, trade etc the remaining 14 players but they whoever is signed should only be on a one year deal.

Of the unsigned I'd aim to turn over at least six players.

Josh Bruce: 2023
    Hayden Crozier: 2023
    Bailey Williams: 2023
    Laitham Vandermeer: 2023
    Lachlan McNeil: 2023 (Rookie)
    Anthony Scott: 2023 (Rookie)
    Tim O'Brien: 2023
    Jordon Sweet: 2023
    Roarke Smith: 2023 (Rookie)
    Mitch Hannan: 2023
    Dominic Bedendo: 2023
    Buku Khamis: 2023
    Robbie McComb: 2023 (Rookie)
    Cody Raak: 2023 (Rookie)
    Toby McLean: 2023
    Alex Keath: 2023
    Taylor Duryea: 2023
    Oskar Baker: 2023 (Rookie)

James O?Donnell: 2023 (Rookie)

Post Thanks / Like

Axeman, come years end who are you keeping?

My keeps are bolded.

Clearly we can't delist, trade etc the remaining 14 players but they whoever is signed should only be on a one year deal.

Of the unsigned I'd aim to turn over at least six players.

Josh Bruce: 2023
    Hayden Crozier: 2023
    Bailey Williams: 2023
    Laitham Vandermeer: 2023
    Lachlan McNeil: 2023 (Rookie)
    Anthony Scott: 2023 (Rookie)
    Tim O'Brien: 2023
    Jordon Sweet: 2023
    Roarke Smith: 2023 (Rookie)
    Mitch Hannan: 2023
    Dominic Bedendo: 2023
    Buku Khamis: 2023
    Robbie McComb: 2023 (Rookie)
    Cody Raak: 2023 (Rookie)
    Toby McLean: 2023
    Alex Keath: 2023
    Taylor Duryea: 2023
    Oskar Baker: 2023 (Rookie)

James O?Donnell: 2023 (Rookie)
    I agree with your bolded players, although perhaps need to wait until the end of the season to make a call on Duryea given his age. Keath in the same boat.

O'Donnell would be close to a certainty to remain unless he is completely hopeless or not doing the right things.

Most of the others deserve more time to put their case forward, particularly those who have been injured - Vandermeer, Bedendo & Smith.

Post Thanks / Like

Hold onto your hats. Vandeermer has signed on for two more years.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs’ utility Laith Vandermeer has put pen to paper on a new deal that will see his time extend at VU Whitten Oval until at least the end of 2025.

Drafted at Pick 37 in the 2018 National Draft, Vandermeer has played 33 games in the red, white and blue, kicking 19 goals, providing valuable speed and endurance around the ground.

The 24-year-old broke into the AFL side during the 2020 season, playing 12 games and earning the Chris Grant Best First Year player award in that same season.

The youngster was thrilled to remain at the Bulldogs for a further two seasons.

“I’m extremely pumped,” Vandermeer said.

“The way we are heading is looking very promising, it’s exciting to sign for a couple of years and be a part of something special.

“From a personal point of view, I’ve had a disappointing start (to 2023) due to injury, for the club to be able to back me in and have some belief this time of the year certainly keeps me going.”

“I just want to get better each week, particularly with the boys in good form, I’ve just got to play my role each week and put my hand up for selection."

Bulldogs’ GM of List Management and Recruiting, Sam Power, was pleased to lock away Vandermeer into the future.

“Over his first five years in the red, white and blue, Laith has displayed some really exciting attributes on the field that benefit the way the Bulldogs play,” Power said.

“Laith has played some important roles for the football club, including during the 2021 Finals Series, culminating in playing as the sub in the Grand Final.”

“Given Laith’s age and experience we feel he has plenty of improvement still left in him and we’re excited as a Club to see what he can produce in the next few seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t like this. But good luck to him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He was one I had on the chopping board. I hope he can make something off the half back and his disposal improves better than his kicking for goal.
    If LVM can stay on the park could we roll Bailey Dale through the middle for a bit of pace and better kicking %.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Last chance. Really hope he can step into the HBF role as the likes of Dureya and JJ can only have so long left and Daniel is doing well as a mid.

Post Thanks / Like

Pace is gold. Hopefully he can get some resilience in those legs. Worth holding on to.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not the worst signing we've ever had but I don't see the point. As always, I hope to be proven wrong.
    "It's over. It's all over."

19. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don’t like this. But good luck to him.
    Same.
    Feel very “Meh” about it tbh.
    I will never see #16 the same!!