Thanks Thanks:  304
Likes Likes:  1,081
Page 69 of 119 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1778
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Great news ... But not the signing I thought we would get today. Still no official news about English (or have I missed something)
    So is it official yet? Like, do we have a list or something? How am I supposed to keep up with thee things??

Awesome news, the one signature I wanted more than any this year !! (And I love the way the Bulldogs announced it on social media with the Homer vid)
    WOOF Member 422

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    So is it official yet? Like, do we have a list or something? How am I supposed to keep up with thee things??

Awesome news, the one signature I wanted more than any this year !! (And I love the way the Bulldogs announced it on social media with the Homer vid)
    He signed himself it has to be.

4. Thanks angelopetraglia, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Straw poll woofers:

I’m hoping we can retain both but if hypothetically we can only keep one of Mullet Man or Dunks who would you choose? I’m torn but if I had to choose (with fantastic recent form of West, whom I hope we re-sign soon, in F50 and we know he can be a good midfielder too & with Garcia looking promising as an inside mid) I think I’d keep Smith. So difficult.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news regarding Tim. Well done Sam Power.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Straw poll woofers:

I’m hoping we can retain both but if hypothetically we can only keep one of Mullet Man or Dunks who would you choose? I’m torn but if I had to choose (with fantastic recent form of West, whom I hope we re-sign soon, in F50 and we know he can be a good midfielder too & with Garcia looking promising as an inside mid) I think I’d keep Smith. So difficult.
    Smith.

Post Thanks / Like

Smith - we don’t speak about his upside enough because of how good he is already but he could be the best player in the AFL.

Plus he’s maybe already better than Dunkley?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes SquirrelGrip, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news on English
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Smith - we don’t speak about his upside enough because of how good he is already but he could be the best player in the AFL.

Plus he’s maybe already better than Dunkley?
    He is.

Post Thanks / Like

Straw poll woofers:

Smith, easily. Breaks the lines, has speed, and far more upside than Dunkley.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

13. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Straw poll woofers:

Only from an upside basis but Smith hasn't peaked yet.

Even if it flipped the other way, Dunks is a proven performer so not a lot of difference in the short term.

Interested to hear Comrades thoughts.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so when the 2 years for English expire does that put him in the Free Agent camp? Sounds like a short contract and shop kind of deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Ok, so when the 2 years for English expire does that put him in the Free Agent camp? Sounds like a short contract and shop kind of deal.
    All players have done that. They are not giving up their free agent status. Bont did it. Cripps did it. They would be silly to give that away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    All players have done that. They are not giving up their free agent status. Bont did it. Cripps did it. They would be silly to give that away.
    Ok cheers mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    This. Tim will be backing himself to be the best ruckman in the AFL in 2 years and if he achieves that will be handsomely rewarded wherever he plays. In his position he would have been crazy to sign for longer.

19. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunks is still only 25 years old. You don't get rid of players that age and what he has achieved to date
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post