Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 58 of 121 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Baz is the sort of player that ruins your whole future if you lose him. He’s not only a complete gun but he’s the AFL’s next capital S Superstar too.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    DOGS STAR KEEN TO STAY

YOUNG Western Bulldogs star Bailey Smith is on the club's list of priority re-signings this season and says he has no intentions of leaving the Kennel.

Smith's run of 68 consecutive games since his round one debut in 2019 came to an end last week when he missed the Dogs' loss to Carlton with a hip complaint. He has been picked to return against the Swans on Thursday night.

The powerful midfielder's two-year contract expires at the end of this season and although he is unlikely to open talks until deeper into the season, the 21-year-old said he was keen to recommit to the Bulldogs.

"I'm just trying to play this year as well as I can. I obviously don't want to go anywhere. I leave it to my manager to talk about and he tells me when it gets serious and when to put pen to paper and I'll say 'Done'. I'm just there to sign. That's the thing. I don't want to go anywhere else," Smith told AFL.com.au this month.

"It's more something I think we'll deal with around mid-to-later in the year."

Smith has been an instant hit at AFL level since being the Dogs' No.7 pick at the 2018 NAB AFL Draft.

Many of his contemporaries in that year's draft – Carlton's Sam Walsh and St Kilda's Max King (four years), Gold Coast's Ben King, Port Adelaide's Connor Rozee and Zak Butters and North Melbourne's Tarryn Thomas (all two years) – have already inked contract extensions beyond this year having all started their career with two-year deals through to the end of 2022.

Smith represents an interesting marketplace value given his excellent – and growing – football credentials as well as his wide off-field marketing appeal. – Callum Twomey
    Great News
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very happy to lock Caleb in forever. Love that guy.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have some serious talent coming OOC.

It's a huge task for Power and co to ensure we sign the likes of Macrae (done), Smith, Daniel, Dunkley, English, Dale and others.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Next door reckons English’s partner bought a house in Melbourne. So hopefully we only have to worry about him getting poached for normal money reasons and not homesick ones.

8. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Very happy to lock Caleb in forever. Love that guy.
    Wonder if this actually happened?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Wonder if this actually happened?
    Based on current form I would hold off signing him if I was the Dogs, again, overall a great player but *!*!*!*! his not doing well this year.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Based on current form I would hold off signing him if I was the Dogs, again, overall a great player but *!*!*!*! his not doing well this year.

mmmmm .... I tend to disagree. He has had three pretty good games, although not 4 quarter games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Can you imagine actually doing this to a player of Daniel's quality? He would rightly walk straight out the door. It would be ludicrous list management to withdraw a contract offer because of a couple of games perhaps not at his absolute best.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you imagine actually doing this to a player of Daniel's quality? He would rightly walk straight out the door. It would be ludicrous list management to withdraw a contract offer because of a couple of games perhaps not at his absolute best.
    Hey mate you've had three pretty good games and one poor one. Because we expect perfection every game were not offering you a contract until we see some value for money.

Caleb: "ok, seeya".
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but if Caleb leaves at least we could all stop being so embarrassed and ashamed of having one of our best players be short. Did you guys know he’s short? Could you imagine if he gets isolated on a tall forward even though it never happens?

Much like Bruce the critiquing that Caleb gets for not being good the Right Way or whatever is mind blowing.

15. Likes Before I Die, EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kind of like we did back in 2010 with Callan Ward, while we waited to see if he could shake off the effects of OP
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Kind of like we did back in 2010 with Callan Ward, while we waited to see if he could shake off the effects of OP
    No you got it wrong he's a treacherous villain.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Browne reporting English is certain to stay.

20. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Tom Browne reporting English is certain to stay.
    Good god no. Say it ain't so.