Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 73 of 121 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1809
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Sigh. Let's discuss movies in here too?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Sigh. Let's discuss movies in here too?
    Why not there's no other info here.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

According to the HUN

Bailey Smith’s new Western Bulldogs contract will be a two-year deal that will reflect his consistency and durability for the club as both parties work on a resolution.

There is still some way to go as the Dogs attempt to secure all of their out-of-contract players, which means negotiations could still drag on for some time.

Smith, 21, wants to play for the Dogs and a two-year deal would see him handsomely rewarded while still allowing him to sign a mega-deal when he came out of contract at the end of 2024.

Smith has served his two-match ban for headbutting Geelong’s Zach Tuohy. But he has two more games to wait after he admitted last month to using an illicit substance and was suspended by the AFL.

The club and his management have put support around him after he went on a bender in Queensland late last year after the grand final, telling the Herald Sun recently the stresses of the season had seen him lose control.

Dogs chief executive Ameet Bains recently confirmed the club had kickstarted contract talks.

“We had made a fair bit of progress with his manager, Paul Connors, in the last two to three weeks, so hopefully that momentum can keep going,” he said.

“The important part is … the incident was from last year. While the club didn’t have any knowledge of any vision being in existence until it came to our attention last weekend, that period that Bailey was dealing with late last year that led to the poor decision-making was something we knew about and dealt with at the time.”
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    According to the HUN

Bailey Smith’s new Western Bulldogs contract will be a two-year deal that will reflect his consistency and durability for the club as both parties work on a resolution.

There is still some way to go as the Dogs attempt to secure all of their out-of-contract players, which means negotiations could still drag on for some time.

Smith, 21, wants to play for the Dogs and a two-year deal would see him handsomely rewarded while still allowing him to sign a mega-deal when he came out of contract at the end of 2024.

Smith has served his two-match ban for headbutting Geelong’s Zach Tuohy. But he has two more games to wait after he admitted last month to using an illicit substance and was suspended by the AFL.

The club and his management have put support around him after he went on a bender in Queensland late last year after the grand final, telling the Herald Sun recently the stresses of the season had seen him lose control.

Dogs chief executive Ameet Bains recently confirmed the club had kickstarted contract talks.

“We had made a fair bit of progress with his manager, Paul Connors, in the last two to three weeks, so hopefully that momentum can keep going,” he said.

“The important part is … the incident was from last year. While the club didn’t have any knowledge of any vision being in existence until it came to our attention last weekend, that period that Bailey was dealing with late last year that led to the poor decision-making was something we knew about and dealt with at the time.”
    Thanks GVGjr. When was this reported?

Both of these "developments" were known last week when Baines was on 3AW and another reporter (maybe Sam Edmund) mentioned the contract term with Smith had been decided and just the money was to be agreed.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Thanks GVGjr. When was this reported?

Both of these "developments" were known last week when Baines was on 3AW and another reporter (maybe Sam Edmund) mentioned the contract term with Smith had been decided and just the money was to be agreed.
    I saw something similar a week ago but it was on the HUN at 2pm today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I saw something similar a week ago but it was on the HUN at 2pm today.
    He will be eligible to play the Saints game
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He will be eligible to play the Saints game
    Yeah I thought they'd buggered up the games out.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So there’s a month left before finals and potentially the end of our season if things go even kinda south. When can we be officially worried that Baz, Dunks and West are all still unsigned?

Dunkley is playing far more forward, just like in 2020 which seemed to massively piss him off. And the updates we got are now pretty old and weren’t of much comfort in the first place.

Attitudes to retaining (at least one of) them aside, it’s very odd for guys who apparently want to stay to still not be signed up this late in the piece.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So there’s a month left before finals and potentially the end of our season if things go even kinda south. When can we be officially worried that Baz, Dunks and West are all still unsigned?

Dunkley is playing far more forward, just like in 2020 which seemed to massively piss him off. And the updates we got are now pretty old and weren’t of much comfort in the first place.

Attitudes to retaining (at least one of) them aside, it’s very odd for guys who apparently want to stay to still not be signed up this late in the piece.
    Dunkley was pissed off about playing in ruck and he is spending a lot of time in the middle this year.

Thought we got an update about him last week that a deal was closer?

Post Thanks / Like

While I wish it would all get done I'm content at the moment with Baz and West and I think they'll sign. Interested to see where we land with Dunkley but recent reports indicated progress was made.

Post Thanks / Like

Is your snail mail still suggesting Dunkley is gone? I know you and Jee were fairly certain he and Hunter were gone.

On West honestly I don't blame him for holding out a bit longer as I'm sure he would have got a few offers to think about.

On Smith I've held the view for sometime he'll end up at Sydney and I'm still half expecting that.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Is your snail mail still suggesting Dunkley is gone? I know you and Jee were fairly certain he and Hunter were gone.

On West honestly I don't blame him for holding out a bit longer as I'm sure he would have got a few offers to think about.

On Smith I've held the view for sometime he'll end up at Sydney and I'm still half expecting that.
    Smith, he of the 'can't leave Victoria due to mental illness' moving to Sydney? Even ignoring the fact that Sydney rate kicking skill higher than any other team in the comp when considering recruits and trades, I just don't think that's an option.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

That wasn’t so much actual mail as much as it was “stuff I read on the internet”.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

That wasn’t so much actual mail as much as it was “stuff I read on the internet”.
    They're the same thing.

Smith is the one that has me a little concerned. He will be getting plenty of big offers.

Post Thanks / Like

Could see Smith at Geelong with the cotton on element. Plus they are chasing a big name mid to replace Danger/Selwood.
    The curse is dead.