Thanks Thanks:  304
Likes Likes:  1,081
Page 94 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1778
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Gardner, Darcy & Libba in a month.

Sam has been a busy list manager.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    First to the ball gets the reward.
    That has been Libba's theory.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Liberatore locks in another year

Premiership Bulldog Tom Liberatore has locked in at least one more year in the red, white and blue.

The 30-year-old was due to come out of contract at season’s end but has put pen to paper this week, taking him into a 14th season at the Club.

A key part of the Bulldogs’ on-ball brigade, Liberatore enters the new campaign after averaging an impressive 25 disposals, five tackles and seven clearances in 2022.

One of three father-son selections currently on the list, the 2014 Charles Sutton Medallist is also on track to celebrate his 200-game milestone in round five this year.

“It makes me very excited – I think I’m almost getting to the end now, so it certainly gives me a bit of closure going into this season,” Liberatore said.

“The last three of four years in particular have been positive for me personally and also the Club as well.

“We’ve got a great group around us and a really good environment to thrive and get the best out of ourselves.

Bulldogs’ GM of List Management and Recruiting, Sam Power, was pleased to extend Liberatore into another season.

“The entire club is thrilled to have Tom remain for another season, taking him through until the end of the 2024 season,” Power said.

“Tom’s impact on the playing group has been profound over the past few years, taking his game to a new level and imparting his knowledge onto our young players as a leader of the Club.

“His competitiveness and consistency was highlighted by a second-place finish in the Charles Sutton Medal last season, as he shows no signs of slowing down, continuing to be a vital part of our midfield group.”

Fellow father-son Bulldog Sam Darcy also extended his time at the Kennel this week, following Ryan Gardner’s three-year deal last month.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news. His pre-season match form has been as good as it possibly could be.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Libba and agree he looks in fantastic condition, and can see the benefits to him of getting pen to paper early in the season.

But I think it's a funny one from the club. 30 yo with history of knee injuries, you'd think it could have waited until later in the year.

I hope he has a great 2023 and 2024!

Post Thanks / Like

Libba could play quite a few more years it seems, he’s in great form and condition. But, one year at a time I suppose…

Great to have some good news before the season kicks off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I love Libba and agree he looks in fantastic condition, and can see the benefits to him of getting pen to paper early in the season.

But I think it's a funny one from the club. 30 yo with history of knee injuries, you'd think it could have waited until later in the year.

I hope he has a great 2023 and 2024!
    Might be a bit of a reward for him and his form over the last couple of seasons?

It's been a while since his knee.

You make a good point, having thought about it I'm ok with the early call for Libba.

10. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Might be a bit of a reward for him and his form over the last couple of seasons?

It's been a while since his knee.

You make a good point, having thought about it I'm ok with the early call for Libba.
    Yep i remember 3 or 4 years ago the general thinking was that Libba would have to be nursed through the rest of his career due to his knee issues.

But his form since has been wonderful. Such a Liberatore.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BULLDOG CLOSING IN ON DEAL

THE WESTERN Bulldogs' run of contracts is set to continue with Ed Richards edging towards a contract extension.

Richards moved back to defence last season and had the best year of his career at the club, with a new deal in the works. It is likely to take him through to the end of the 2025 season, when he would reach free agency.

The 23-year-old played a career-best 22 games last year and averaged 18 disposals to claim the Dogs' most improved player award.

He had garnered rival interest in 2021 but remained with the club, with his crafty and smart ball use out of the back half important for the Dogs.

The Western Bulldogs have been able to tie up some of their priority re-signings ahead of the season, with exciting tall Sam Darcy inking a two-year extension and free agent Tom Liberatore signing on for another year. – Callum Twomey

14. Thanks 1eyedog, bornadog, josie thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets get this deal done earlier. I have a feeling that if Ed gets on a run his value might start to jump.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Lets get this deal done earlier. I have a feeling that if Ed gets on a run his value might start to jump.
    He's about the only player left coming out of contract this year I would be worried about losing. The rest are either old or fringe types at this stage, unlikely to garner much interest from elsewhere. Williams perhaps the exception but he's hardly irreplaceable either.

2024 is a different story though. Some early extensions would be welcome there.

17. Likes GVGjr, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news on Ed

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

delete

Post Thanks / Like

Staying put: Run-and-gun Dog inks two-year extension at the Kennel

WESTERN Bulldogs half-back Ed Richards has signed a two-year extension that ties him to the Whitten Oval until at least the end of 2025.

As flagged in Inside Trading last month, Dogs list boss Sam Power has now secured the former first-round pick, after re-signing Sam Darcy, Tom Liberatore and Ryan Gardner on the eve of the season.

Richards' new contract will see the emerging star through to free agency.

The 23-year-old has made a fast start to 2023 after a breakout 2022 campaign to be ranked No.5 among general defenders this season, behind only Adam Saad, Nick Daicos, Jack Sinclair and Hayden Young, according to Champion Data's player ratings system.

Richards finished 10th in last year's Charles Sutton Medal and was named the most improved player at the club, after playing 22 games in a breakout 2022 campaign.

He is averaging 23.7 disposals, 10.7 contested possessions, 10 intercept possessions and 8.7 groundball gets ? rated elite in all categories for a general defender ? as well as 5.7 rebound 50s and 477.9 metres gained.

Richards played a key role in last Thursday night's win over Brisbane at Marvel Stadium, helping reignite the Western Bulldogs' season after a winless first fortnight.

Now Richards ? who has famous Collingwood lineage ? looms as a key part of a new-look defence, built around Liam Jones and featuring two All-Australian playmakers in Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that is a good deal for Richards and the club.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"