Thanks Thanks:  313
Likes Likes:  1,107

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Roarke has the designated eker position on our list all sewn up. About to enter his sixth season with 17 games to his name and at long odds to add more than a handful to that total. I will be amazed if he is still on the list in 12 months time which suggests this is a wasted opportunity to give a shot to somebody else.

Gardner actually makes more sense. His untimely injury meant he didn't get much opportunity to prove himself and he provides much needed tall depth, potentially forward, back and the ruck. We have plenty of players who can offer similar qualities to Smith, not so Gardner.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Roarke has the designated eker position on our list all sewn up. About to enter his sixth season with 17 games to his name and at long odds to add more than a handful to that total. I will be amazed if he is still on the list in 12 months time which suggests this is a wasted opportunity to give a shot to somebody else.

Gardner actually makes more sense. His untimely injury meant he didn't get much opportunity to prove himself and he provides much needed tall depth, potentially forward, back and the ruck. We have plenty of players who can offer similar qualities to Smith, not so Gardner.
    I feel this is more about 2020 draft than anything else.

We have NGA and Father/Son candidates who look like we should take them.

We will need plenty of list spots to be able to utilise the picks and adding someone who could not be delisted next year would interfere with that requirement.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

4. Likes Bulldog4life, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I feel this is more about 2020 draft than anything else.

We have NGA and Father/Son candidates who look like we should take them.

We will need plenty of list spots to be able to utilise the picks and adding someone who could not be delisted next year would interfere with that requirement.
    Not so sure BJ, what if many of the players on one year deals all have good seasons in 2020? I think we could have opened spots on the rookie list this year without compromising 2020 objectives in the slightest
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"