Thanks Thanks:  304
Likes Likes:  1,081
Page 91 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1778
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    We have 6 spots to fill if my calculations are right.
    It's almost like someone wrote that in the OP.

The thing is though it may not be 6 as apparently Buku needs to be upgraded and one would assume that would make him no longer a category B rookie. Unless we have another prospective category B rookie the list would shrink by 1 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Has Keath hitting his trigger been confirmed anywhere?
    I really should link the articles in the OP. Oh wait, I do.

The 30-year-old triggered a contract extension for 2023 earlier this year and believes he has plenty more in the tank after turning his back on a cricket career to join the Adelaide Crows as a Category B rookie when he was 24.

2. Likes bornadog, bulldogtragic, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    It's almost like someone wrote that in the OP.

The thing is though it may not be 6 as apparently Buku needs to be upgraded and one would assume that would make him no longer a category B rookie. Unless we have another prospective category B rookie the list would shrink by 1 overall.

I really should link the articles in the OP. Oh wait, I do.
    Imma stop reading this site if you're just going to make things up.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Weightman locked in until 2025

It’s been a big week for Cody Weightman.

Days after taking over the Western Bulldogs’ famous no.3 jumper, the livewire forward has committed to a further two seasons at VU Whitten Oval, signing on until at least the end of the 2025 season.

Drafted at Pick 15 in the 2019 National Draft, the 21-year-old has become an instant fan favourite, creating plenty of excitement in the forward line with 61 goals in 40 matches.

A consistent performer in the red, white and blue, Weightman found his best form in 2022, kicking 36 goals and averaging 10 touches per game.

“I am super pumped to stay here, it is a great place to come and work every day,” Weightman said.

“There is an array of reasons why someone would want to stay, it is an exciting young group and we all get along, on and off the field.

“It does feel like we are building something special here.

“It’s a good time to be a Bulldogs fan and an even better time to be a player, the opportunity prevailed to stay around and it was a no brainer for me.

“It was always a childhood dream to play AFL at any club and for the Bulldogs to give me an opportunity for that – it's still surreal to be honest.

“I feel totally blessed by the support and the people that have helped me get here and the Club is a part of that in a big way.

"It’s my aim to give back to the Club in any way I can, particularly on field.

“To the fans, embrace the excitement around the Club. We are setting the bar really high and we want to get back to a level we know we can be at."

Bulldogs’ General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power, was elated to keep Weightman at VU Whitten Oval into the future.

“From the moment Cody walked into the Club, his infectious personality and appetite to improve has been on show within our football program.” Power said.

“Within three seasons, Cody has become one of the most damaging small forwards in the competition, while developing a strong relationship with our red, white and blue army.

“We’re thrilled as a club to keep him beyond next season, and his early commitment to our program displays the trust he has in the direction of the organisation.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks bulldogtragic, josie thanked for this post
    Likes Axe Man, The Doctor, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Weightman is good but he has to work on ways of staying in the game when he's not having a hot streak. He's all fire and ice at the moment.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

great news
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Number 3 is for life.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So with Baker signing on, we have one rookie list vacancy for the SSP (unless being held over for the mid season draft for some reason).

One to go.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So with Baker signing on, we have one rookie list vacancy for the SSP (unless being held over for the mid season draft for some reason).

One to go.
    I wonder what our position is? Surely it's to offer a few players the chance to train with us and then make a decision in the SSP.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I wonder what our position is? Surely it's to offer a few players the chance to train with us and then make a decision in the SSP.
    I’m 100% behind that. The three players fight for the last spot. An overlooked rookie ruckman, a better state league ruckman and a recycled ruckman.

As a left field option. Someone like an Ethan Phillips. Keath & Jones have question marks beyond a year/two, Bruce may or may not work as a defender, Darcy may be a forward or ruck/forward, Buss is a kid and Gardner needs another foil.

Phillips is 23. Put two years into him when all of Keath, Bruce & Jones might be retired. Then it’s Gardner, Buss is year 3 and a 26yo Phillips in his third year with us (if he keeps his spot). Backed by probably Khamis maybe. Plus a drafted or two over the journey.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened to our interest in Rowe? I think he would have been a better option than Baker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    What happened to our interest in Rowe? I think he would have been a better option than Baker.
    Not sure, but someone posted up that he joined an SANFL club.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Different positions. Likely we lost interest in a small forward when we drafted Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

Gardner remains in red, white and blue

Western Bulldogs defender Ryan Gardner has put pen to paper on a three-year contract extension.

It’s a welcome reward and story of persistence for the 25-year-old, who has played 43 games in the red, white and blue since being picked up in the 2019 Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

Gardner spent three years on Geelong’s list from 2016-2018, before joining Footscray in 2019, and is one of four Bulldogs currently on the list to have come via the VFL pathway.

The Tasmanian enjoyed a career-high 22 outings in 2022, averaging 8.5 spoils (ranked elite), two intercept marks and eleven disposals per game.

Gardner finished 7th in the Charles Sutton Medal while also claiming the Brad Johnson Best Team Player award.

“It’s such a great achievement for me personally – I’ve had a few hiccups along the way, so to be able to get a three-year contract is just an amazing feeling,” Gardner said.

“It was a pretty easy option to stay – I didn’t really feel like going anywhere else. I really love it here and I think it’s the best place for me to be.

“I just want to keep playing good footy and having a say down there in the backline. I’m only 25, so still have so much growth in front of me.

“I want to keep developing and see where it can take me.”

General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power, said it was pleasing to lock away Gardner until at least the end of 2026.

“Ryan’s commitment since walking through the door has been first-class and this new contract is reward for his hard work and persistence,” he said.

“In the space of three seasons, Ryan has become a mainstay of the Bulldogs defence, playing with courage and consistency against the talented forwards of the competition.

“We still believe Ryan has plenty of growth in his football and we’re thrilled he has committed to us for the next three seasons.”

Post Thanks / Like

Good signing. Hope he has another 100 games plus with us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice half volley for Sam Power to put away to the fence. Now to turn his attention towards some others, particularly Ed Richards.

20. Likes GVGjr liked this post