Thanks Thanks:  304
Likes Likes:  1,081
Page 38 of 119 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I wouldn’t sign either if I wasn’t able to perform. I reckon he’s backing himself in to play good footy and eek out a few more $.
    Now missing a half last night and missing next week. He’s running out of time to drive his price up. He should just sign now, for another good news story heading into finals. We know what his capabilities are. They’re very good.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Now missing a half last night and missing next week. He’s running out of time to drive his price up. He should just sign now, for another good news story heading into finals. We know what his capabilities are. They’re very good.
    On exposed form compared to last year he’s improved.

As a list manager I think you trying to pressure Ed into signing isn’t the right move.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

On exposed form compared to last year he’s improved.

As a list manager I think you trying to pressure Ed into signing isn’t the right move.
    So you and Jeemak want him traded. I knew it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ed will sign - was playing well last night. He’s not blue chip yet though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Ed will sign - was playing well last night. He’s not blue chip yet though.
    I think that works in our favour. We have probably been playing him out of position as well but he appears to be a settled player for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

So you and Jeemak want him traded. I knew it.
    In all seriousness I don’t think we should trade any players unless they ask to be traded.

7. Likes Happy Days, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In all seriousness I don’t think we should trade any players unless they ask to be traded.
    I completely agree. The exception being a Stringer type scenario. Plus you can do it without doing it. Such as Dahl getting a two year, not much money offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think that works in our favour. We have probably been playing him out of position as well but he appears to be a settled player for us.
    Ed has taken over the role that JJ use to have. Great opportunity for him to consolidate in the role.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ed has taken over the role that JJ use to have. Great opportunity for him to consolidate in the role.
    It's clear that when fit he already has. He defends so much better than JJ, provides a good option through the middle of the ground by working hard and is also able to springboard us forward effectively as well. Becoming a very good player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    It's clear that when fit he already has. He defends so much better than JJ, provides a good option through the middle of the ground by working hard and is also able to springboard us forward effectively as well. Becoming a very good player.
    An underrated strength of his which I mentioned a while back is his ability to win 1-v-1's and even 1-v-2's, he's deceptively very strong and with his pace he can really break away from trouble.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Scott’s success story continues

Mature-aged recruit Anthony Scott has been rewarded for his sensational debut season with a two-year contract extension.

The 26-year-old joined the Western Bulldogs in February this year – through the AFL’s pre-season supplementary selection period – after training with the senior squad over summer.

Scott won Footscray’s VFL best-and-fairest in 2019 and had been elevated to the vice-captaincy for 2020, before the VFL season was cancelled.

He made his AFL debut in the opening round of 2021, has missed just one game for the year and is now locked in at the Kennel until the end of 2023.

“Two more years at the Dogs is incredibly exciting,” Scott said.

“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this year so far. To know that I’m going to be here for another two years is great peace of mind and also extra motivation to continue to work hard and make the most of the opportunity I’ve been given.

“At the start of this year, I just would have been happy to make the list and one thing’s led to another.

“I always had the inner belief that I was good enough to play at the level, but until you actually get there you never really know how you’re going to go. I always wanted to put my best foot forward and play AFL footy and that’s what I’ve been able to do.”

Scott has featured across all three lines this season, kicking nine goals from his 18 AFL matches.

He is one of four players on the Bulldogs’ list to have come through Footscray’s VFL program – alongside Ryan Gardner, Mitch Hannan and Will Hayes.

“Anthony has certainly taken his opportunity with both hands this season,” General Manager of List Management and Football Projects, Sam Power, said.

“His versatility and team-first mindset has made him a really valuable member of our senior side.

“Anthony has played some important roles across all three lines throughout the season. He started the year across half back, has played a large portion of the season as a pressure forward and has also run through the midfield at times.

“It’s another great example of our VFL program preparing players for the highest level, but also a real testament to Anthony’s drive and perseverance to be an AFL footballer.”

13. Thanks bornadog, SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a real tick of approval from the club. Hopefully it's not one we look back on a shake our head at in 2 years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Thats a real tick of approval from the club. Hopefully it's not one we look back on a shake our head at in 2 years
    Reckon he would have signed on a pretty small deal, you need players like him to fill out a squad providing good value relative to the cap space they take up.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Players Left:

Maybe?

Ed Richards (still unsigned)

Gone, Traded?

Mitch Wallis
    Pat Lipinski
    Lewis Young

Gone, Gone?

Will Hayes
    Ben Cavarra
    Lin Jong (Retired)
    Stef Martin (Retired - just 6.5 games this H&A season)

Later Signatures?

Taylor Duryea (apparently on its way)
    Zaine Cordy
    Buku Khamis (R) (Needs Upgrading)
    Jordan Sweet (R) (Needs Upgrading)
    Roarke Smith (R)

Looks pretty much as you expected it might from the start of the year to now. Just Richards as the hold out at this stage. So not too bad.

18. Likes Dry Rot, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Players Left:

Maybe?

Ed Richards (still unsigned)

Gone, Traded?

Mitch Wallis
    Pat Lipinski
    Lewis Young

Gone, Gone?

Will Hayes
    Ben Cavarra
    Lin Jong (Retired)
    Stef Martin (Retired - just 6.5 games this H&A season)

Later Signatures?

Taylor Duryea (apparently on its way)
    Zaine Cordy
    Buku Khamis (R) (Needs Upgrading)
    Jordan Sweet (R) (Needs Upgrading)
    Roarke Smith (R)

Looks pretty much as you expected it might from the start of the year to now. Just Richards as the hold out at this stage. So not too bad.
    I think Khamis will struggle to get a new deal of any sort.

If Schache continues his improvement I also think Young will be not offered a new deal.