Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 10 of 121 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I saw three very ordinary games at Footscray early last season.
    Plus the game v Freo. He hardly touched the ball in all of them.

I also saw him in the ruck v Richmond and did his knee, but wasn't doing much till then. There is a reason Geelong dumped him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I mostly like our 'kindness' with list management, demonstrating loyalty being being a two way street. However, I do not really get keeping Roarke Smith or Gardner. The only thing with Gardner is that we drafted him mid year and he got hurt. I can kinda see us 'doing the right thing' by him. Roarke I struggle with. Great team guy, great attitude but he isn't up to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I saw three very ordinary games at Footscray early last season.
    From what I saw of him he played probably about 3 good games and one of them was as a forward. These rest of them were fairly quiet. Perhaps we like his mobility
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    For those who don't have facebook

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks Insufficient Intent thanked for this post
    Likes Remi Moses, anfo27, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a *!*!*!*!ing awesome piece of football there. Never gave up and then tucked him up in the tackle.

Brilliant.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's a *!*!*!*!ing awesome piece of football there. Never gave up and then tucked him up in the tackle.

Brilliant.
    and the dirty prick bit Dicko in the tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    and the dirty prick bit Dicko in the tackle
    Did he? I didn't see it but it doesn't surprise me.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Thanks Rocco Jones thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Did he? I didn't see it but it doesn't surprise me.
    He did. He got suspended for it but somehow it's been lost to history. Getting run down like than and to respond as pathetically as to bite the person who did it is about as sad a thing I've seen in the AFL.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes bornadog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shocked by the retaining of Smith and Gardner
    Roarke’s had long enough to make it and think Gardner isn’t up to it

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Shocked by the retaining of Smith and Gardner
    Roarke’s had long enough to make it and think Gardner isn’t up to it
    I was surprised we even drafted Gardner. He has looked very ordinary when i've seen him & reminds me of that hack Mulligan.

Smith i thought was lucky to be retained but i do think he has shown he is capable at the level. He did play very well against Port & if he can maintain that level then he'll be around the mark for a senior game each week.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache’s new deal

Emerging Western Bulldogs forward Josh Schache has recommitted to the Club for a further two years.

Schache, who was due to come out of contract at the end of the 2020 season, moved early to agree to a two-year extension which will see him remain a Bulldog until at least the end of 2022.

The 22-year-old becomes the 20th player to re-sign for the Club this year.

“I’ve loved my time at the Bulldogs over the last two years and had no hesitation in wanting to extend my contract with the Club,” Schache said.

“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed working on my game and trying to make an impact for the team, and I look forward to continuing my development over the next few years.

“We have a talented young group, and I’m excited about what we might be able to achieve together in the future.”

In 2019, Schache produced his most productive season yet at AFL level, playing 14 games and booting 24 goals, including multiple goals on seven occasions.

His career-high four-goal performance against Hawthorn in Round 2 also earned him a Brownlow Medal vote, and he experienced his first taste of finals football as a key player in the Club’s thrilling second half of the season.

“We’re thrilled to extend Josh’s contract, and we’re excited about what the future holds for him,” said Bulldogs’ General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power.

“Josh continues to make great strides in his game, and at just 22 years of age, his best football is well and truly ahead of him.”

Schache has played 27 games for the Bulldogs in the last two seasons and kicked 41 goals, after spending his first two AFL seasons with the Brisbane Lions

16. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a great video with Schache on YouTube on the club feed too.

Sam Power doesn't muck around. With the draft coming up in two weeks, he's still signing up top talent.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Sammy needs to sign up Bailey Smith next post haste!

19. Likes dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    There's a great video with Schache on YouTube on the club feed too.

Sam Power doesn't muck around. With the draft coming up in two weeks, he's still signing up top talent.
    I am bullish that this will be Schache’s real breakout year. He has steadily been building confidence and experience. Another preseason and getting probably the third best defender each game also can’t hurt

Signing him now rather than midseason might have saved us a bit of coin. Another big tick for Sam IMO, he definitely has his finger on the pulse.

21. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I am bullish that this will be Schache’s real breakout year. He has steadily been building confidence and experience. Another preseason and getting probably the third best defender each game also can’t hurt

Signing him now rather than midsession might have saved us a bit of coin. Another big tick for Sam IMO, he definitely has his finger on the pulse.
    Yep. Locks in our big guys for many years too. Naughton 5 more years, Bruce 4 years, Schache 3 years (JUH 2 next year).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

23. Likes The Adelaide Connection, azabob liked this post