Thanks Thanks:  304
Likes Likes:  1,081
Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Hey BT, do you know that this is actually the term of the contract that Gardner negotiated with the Club?
    The mid-season draft as far as I’m aware permitted a short term contract option to 31Oct this year, or the option to 31Oct2020, with the option to be re-signed based on existing rookie rules.
    Not for a fact on that. Buku got two years last year. La Young got an upgrade very early on. Sweet looked like at least two years plus and got that second year last month. Bevo loves Roarke and we should have one rookie selection or SSP at minimum. So all that factored in, I’m having an educated guess that at the time of the mid season draft we wouldn’t have given him anything passed the end of this year (locking ourselves & our flexibility down) based on two handful of VFL games. Unfortunately for him he his PCL. As I say, that’s my best guess. The rookie list will be interesting to keep tabs on.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Not for a fact on that. Buku got two years last year. La Young got an upgrade very early on. Sweet looked like at least two years plus and got that second year last month. Bevo loves Roarke and we should have one rookie selection or SSP at minimum. So all that factored in, I’m having an educated guess that at the time of the mid season draft we wouldn’t have given him anything passed the end of this year (locking ourselves & our flexibility down) based on two handful of VFL games. Unfortunately for him he his PCL. As I say, that’s my best guess. The rookie list will be interesting to keep tabs on.
    I never understood what we saw in Gardner. VFL form was ordinary.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think he got off to a good start early in the year but you're right that his form before he got selected for a couple of senior games just wasn't good enough to warrant that promotion

Spots this year are incredibly tight at best he probably goes onto a rookie list
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I think we will make very little change to the list.

We are compelled to draft 3 and we will most likely pick up 2 with trades. (just my thoughts)
    It's almost certain that there won't be many changes and we even have the option to upgrade Lachlan Young from the rookie list as one of those 3 draft picks.
    The only think that might change is if a club or two are interested in the likes of Jong or Lynch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think he got off to a good start early in the year but you're right that his form before he got selected for a couple of senior games just wasn't good enough to warrant that promotion

Spots this year are incredibly tight at best he probably goes onto a rookie list
    His only chance of making it is as a key defender. Looks completely lost forward.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    His only chance of making it is as a key defender. Looks completely lost forward.
    Agreed although he did play a couple of good games as a forward for Footscray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Agreed although he did play a couple of good games as a forward for Footscray
    His majority of best games at Geelong were as a defender although he had on outstanding game as key forward when he kicked 6 goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough crowd. He was really solid early in the VFL and I was very pleased to get him. We threw him to the wolves though and the rest is history. Considering how well Lewis Young performed late it's a head scratcher he was rushed in. I guess if you perform at VFL you get a call up so of he was on the list from the start he probably would have played earlier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Nobody wants to leave, nobody wants to join. We are like some kind of weird cult.

All hail supreme leader Bevo.

Oh! Is that Kool Aide you have there? Can I have some?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

10. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Fergus Greene actually contracted til 2020? His profile on the club's site says he renewed in 2018 for 1 season til the end of 2019. Have I missed something?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Is Fergus Greene actually contracted til 2020? His profile on the club's site says he renewed in 2018 for 1 season til the end of 2019. Have I missed something?
    Read here Doc

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Read here Doc
    thanks for that BAD

Couldn't see that on his profile
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I was actually going to put links next to each player to the article reporting their most recent contract but unfortunately website technical issues have prevented me so far.

I am fairly confident every thing is correct with the exception of Buku who I am reliably informed has a contract for next season, but since nothing official has been announced I have not yet updated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I was actually going to put links next to each player to the article reporting their most recent contract but unfortunately website technical issues have prevented me so far.

I am fairly confident every thing is correct with the exception of Buku who I am reliably informed has a contract for next season, but since nothing official has been announced I have not yet updated.
    According to Footywire - Western Bulldogs Players Out of Contract in 2019

Name Years Service Status
    Buku Khamis 1 Non-Free Agent
    Dale Morris 15 Unrestricted Free Agent
    Fletcher Roberts 8 Restricted Free Agent
    Liam Picken 11 Unrestricted Free Agent
    Lukas Webb 5 Non-Free Agent
    Roarke Smith 5 Non-Free Agent
    Ryan Gardner 1 Non-Free Agent
    Tory Dickson 8 Restricted Free Agent

Post Thanks / Like

Keep opening this thread hoping for news that Bailey Smith has extended his contract but alas, still nothing. Not that it necessarily means anything but we've always tried to extend players during their first year so I have no doubt we've offered him an extension during the season and clearly he's either turned it down or just put if off until later.