Thanks Thanks:  311
Likes Likes:  1,093
Page 75 of 121 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1809
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Smith is a must sign
    Done, 2 yrs

2. Likes bornadog, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny the snakeman View Post
    Done, 2 yrs
    Ripper
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1193536/

Smith commits his future to the Bulldogs

Exciting youngster Bailey Smith will remain in the red, white and blue for the next two seasons after re-signing with the Western Bulldogs.

The deal sees the 21-year-old tied to the club until at least the end of the 2024 season, and is reward for another fantastic season, in which he is averaging 30 disposals and four clearances a game.

Selected at pick seven in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft, Smith has featured prominently in an elite midfield, providing impactful performances across his 81 games.

The midfielder came of age during the 2021 AFL Finals Series, playing pivotal roles across the Semi-Final and Preliminary wins on the way to a Grand Final.

With an ability to play multiple positions, Smith’s versatility, endurance and strength provides a platform to remain a vital player at the Bulldogs.

“I don’t want to be anywhere else – I am stoked to call this home for another two years,” Smith said.

“We have such strong bonds with the place – you can’t envision yourself doing anything else. The people in the club have stuck by me, I’ll be forever in debt to them.”

“The fans are amazing, it’s why we play. Seeing them each weekend at Marvel or wherever we are playing, to hear their voices cheering us on and supporting us, that pushes us to another level."

“A massive goal of ours is sustained success. Certainly, see with the power of the list, it’s exciting the next couple of years to see what we can do.”

“It wasn’t even in question to go anywhere else, purely because the people here have helped form arguably the most important years of my life.

“From when I got here when I was 17 to now be 21 – the people that have supported me through thick and thin. All the amazing times I have had with my best mates – it was a major part of why I couldn’t go anywhere else.”

Western Bulldogs General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power, says he is delighted to have Bailey remain at the Bulldogs into the future.

“We’re really thrilled to have Bailey sign on for the next two seasons,” he said.

“Bailey has established himself as a consistent performer for the football club and has become one of the most exciting young players within the competition.

“Bailey has been firm on his commitment to the Western Bulldogs and is focused on the Club building sustained success, both on and off the field.

“At only 21 years of age, we believe Bailey can still improve and he will leave no stone unturned to get the best out of himself and the team.

“Our members and supporters can look forward to cheering on our number six for years to come.

8. Thanks josie, GVGjr, Scraggers thanked for this post
    Likes G-Mo77, The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So after the GF last year we had Macrae, English, Bailey Smith, Caleb Daniel, Bailey Dale, McLean, Dunkley and JJ all coming out of contract this year. Amazing job to sign Macrae, English, Smith, Daniel and Dale.

Dunkley is the obvious big one that is uncertain. JJ and McLean of lesser concern but will be interesting to see what happens with both. You think McLean would get another short term deal.

10. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

2023 looks like a fairly relaxing year on the signature hunting front with not too many big names coming out of contract.

2024 on the other hand is nightmare material with Naughton, Jamarra, English and Baz up for renewal.

13. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    2023 looks like a fairly relaxing year on the signature hunting front with not too many big names coming out of contract.

2024 on the other hand is nightmare material with Naughton, Jamarra, English and Baz up for renewal.
    Agree. But the next two years are a massive window for us with our best "Franchise" players still in their prime windows. Let's make it count.

15. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who said he was going to Sydney?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Azabob, he's like the Tom Browne of Woof

18. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life, hujsh, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Azabob, he's like the Tom Browne of Woof
    Ah yes it was Aza.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Aza's logic was reasonable through and not just a throw away line. He will be as pleased as anyone with the news Smith is staying.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

21. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Aza's logic was reasonable through and not just a throw away line. He will be as pleased as anyone with the news Smith is staying.
    I know. I knew before I asked G.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic news. I really like this quote:

“We have such strong bonds with the place – you can’t envision yourself doing anything else. The people in the club have stuck by me, I’ll be forever in debt to them.”

Whilst we are genuinely concerned about our onfield performance it seems off-field we are doing the right thing and creating a happy place where players want to be. If there were concerns there would have been an exodus of players. For mine this means that it won’t take too much to correct the ship.

24. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aza lacked the conviction to make it happen. He didn't even start a thread on it.

I'm glad he didn't, this is great news!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.